Check your account email address ×

Joe DiGenova I finally believe someone is going to prison

Just now, Mainecat said:

If Cohen is in jail for lying for the president and his spawn why are they not in jail?

He's not in jail for lying for the president you shit for brains moron. He's in Jail for tax fraud.

12 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

He's not in jail for lying for the president you shit for brains moron. He's in Jail for tax fraud.

And lying to Congress you fuckin idiot. Who was he lying for dumb ass?

Just now, Mainecat said:

And lying to Congress you fuckin idiot. Who was he lying for dumb ass?

Hmm I don't see Lying to Congress faggot

resident Donald Trump’s longtime personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, admitted guilt on eight counts of financial crimes in federal court Tuesday.

The guilty plea followed months of deliberations in U.S. District Court in lower Manhattan over piles of materials seized in FBI raids from Cohen’s office and hotel room in April.

Cohen pleaded guilty to the counts as part of a plea deal, through which he could reportedly receive three to six years in prison.

Bail was set at $500,000 bail and he faces a Dec. 12 sentencing hearing.

Here’s what Cohen admitted:

Tax fraud

The criminal information supplied by federal prosecutors charges Cohen with evasion of personal income tax from 2012 through 2016.

Number of counts: 5
Maximum prison sentence per count: 5 years
Maximum term of supervised release per count: 3 years 
Maximum fine per count: $100,000, and a $100 “mandatory special assessment”

Making false statements to a financial institution

Prosecutors charged Cohen with making false statements to a financial institution in connection with a credit decision from about February 2015 through about April 2016.

Number of counts: 1
Maximum prison sentence per count: 30 years
Maximum term of supervised release per count: 5 years 
Maximum fine per count: $1,000,000, and a $100 mandatory special assessment

Unlawful corporate contributions

Prosecutors charged Cohen with willfully causing an unlawful corporate contribution from about June 2016 through about October 2016.

Maximum fine per count: $250,000, and a $100 mandatory special assessment

Excessive campaign contributions

Prosecutors charged Cohen with making an excessive campaign contribution on Oct. 27, 2016.

Maximum fine per count: $250,000, and a $100 mandatory special assessment

1 hour ago, hwytohell said:

If both political parties would  jail the people that have lied in con - gress , both chambers would be empty and new shovel ready jobs   would be booming for prison cells.

Im ok with that.  

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'll believe it when I see it.   Still don't think anyone will see jail.

I believe that its going to happen.  And a large part of that reason is the absolute arrogance of the guilty parties, and a select group of lawyers who are carefully building a case against them.  It simply cannot stand, we cannot let it go, or move on, until the guilty parties face justice.  They literally tried to subvert the results of a presidential election, and spread a despicable lie that they knew was false.  That should scare the shit out of any normal thinking person.

• Gold Member

No one is going to jail for any of this shit. No one in office wants "to get to the bottom" of this shit either. They all do similar shady shit and they don't want any of their own fuckery uncovered by accident. They only want to look like they are investigating.  At best some small time bit players will see some jail time. No one of any concern is going down.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

I believe that its going to happen.  And a large part of that reason is the absolute arrogance of the guilty parties, and a select group of lawyers who are carefully building a case against them.  It simply cannot stand, we cannot let it go, or move on, until the guilty parties face justice.  They literally tried to subvert the results of a presidential election, and spread a despicable lie that they knew was false.  That should scare the shit out of any normal thinking person.

All this, while certainly true, doesn't mean any justice will come from this.  I hope I am wrong.  I really do.  I just see DC sitting down and protecting their little cash cow in a deal that both sides will agree to find acceptable while they play us like the fools we want to be. How fucking gross.

Again, I hope I'm wrong.

• Platinum Contributing Member
27 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

No one is going to jail for any of this shit. No one in office wants "to get to the bottom" of this shit either. They all do similar shady shit and they don't want any of their own fuckery uncovered by accident. They only want to look like they are investigating.  At best some small time bit players will see some jail time. No one of any concern is going down.

this