Check your account email address ×

New grill

1 hour ago, xcr700 said:

Finally upgrading the old pos with this pos 

spg-2018_alt.jpg

Nice looking metal.  I remember when I graduated up to propane.  Then I remember regraduated back up to coal/wood.  There’s just no substitution in taste.  But, convenience and speed demand some compromise.

:bc:

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Nice looking metal.  I remember when I graduated up to propane.  Then I remember regraduated back up to coal/wood.  There’s just no substitution in taste.  But, convenience and speed demand some compromise.

I was on the fence about going back to charcoal.  I bounce back and fourth a lot lol. I had both for eons then they both blew up on me in the last few years. Replacing the propane grill first ,then get a nice charcoal one next month 

24 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

I was on the fence about going back to charcoal.  I bounce back and fourth a lot lol. I had both for eons then they both blew up on me in the last few years. Replacing the propane grill first ,then get a nice charcoal one next month 

I have both. Propane is so much easier and quicker during the week. We grill 4-5 times a week during the summer.  Charcoal on the weekends. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Disagree. I switched back to propane years ago for convenience. I have a little smoker box I can throw in there if I want some smokey flavor. In fact I cook some killer ribs on this gas grill with the smoker box. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
27 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

You can get a nice Weber  Kettle for a decent price.  :thumb:

Just now, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I have both. Propane is so much easier and quicker during the week. We grill 4-5 times a week during the summer.  Charcoal on the weekends. 

I know right? Charcoal is a pain in the ass. Plus if you have a quality unit you can dial the temps in perfectly. Just makes everything easier. 

5 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

That's what we were doing :bc:

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You can get a nice Weber  Kettle for a decent price.  :thumb:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

I know right? Charcoal is a pain in the ass. Plus if you have a quality unit you can dial the temps in perfectly. Just makes everything easier. 

I just did a burger on the gas Weber and scarfed it down....I would still be waiting for the coals to be right. :lol:

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I just did a burger on the gas Weber and scarfed it down....I would still be waiting for the coals to be right. :lol:

We grill alot in the spring summer fall and minimally in the winter. When I decided to say fuck charcoal was a fall day about 15 years ago. I just got home from work and it's getting dark. Go clean out the ash from the grill. Put charcoal in the chimney. Let the coals heat up for 20-30 minutes. It's dark now. Smelling the food my neighbor just cooked on his gas grill that he is now eating that he cooked in the same amount of time it took me to heat up those coals. Scatter coal around in a donut shape. Cook meat in the dark with a stupid grill light. 45 minutes later i bring food in to eat. 

Bought Weber Genesis that weekend and never looked back. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Anler said:

I had a good redneck buddy of mine give me a “showstopper” comment when I showed him my big, fancy LP grill and told him that Charcoal takes to long and I don’t want he hassle anymore, he just looked at me and said, “Well hell, you just ain’t got time to grill then.”  It stuck with me and he was right.  It’s an experience.  Life should slow down once and a while.

And no, it’s not the same taste.  And no, electric smokers aren’t as good as wood.  Fact.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I had a good redneck buddy of mine give me a “showstopper” comment when I showed him my big, fancy LP grill and told him that Charcoal takes to long and I don’t want he hassle anymore, he just looked at me and said, “Well hell, you just ain’t got time to grill then.”  It stuck with me and he was right.  It’s an experience.  Life should slow down once and a while.

And no, it’s not the same taste.  And no, electric smokers aren’t as good as wood.  Fact.

Settle down Big Moe!!   :lol:

IMG_4728.thumb.JPG.84a92f2b9d0f427dd4d079470012055e.JPG

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

See you are finally right about something, I have a double grill one side charcoal the other propane, I only use the propane to keep things warm.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No, I don't have time for that nonsense. Not during the week. Maybe on the weekend. If I want BBQ I'll go out or a couple of my buds have professional units. I use this grill for grilling. Charcoal is for cunts. 

Just now, Anler said:

No, I don't have time for that nonsense. Not during the week. Maybe on the weekend. If I want BBQ I'll go out or a couple of my buds have professional units. I use this grill for grilling. Charcoal is for cunts. 

Use a pan or microwave.  They are even faster!!!!!!