Check your account email address ×

Bush lied, people died...

TBH I think it was a combination of bloodlust and bad intelligence.  there was never a valid reason IMO to go to iraq a position i've had since i was sitting at a meeting at foxwoods in CT when we launched the attack on Iraq.  

• Like 1

Bush lied but history will wash it all clean. Partisan revisionist fucksticks will claims all sorts of nonsense and the cleansing years of indifference will allow them to get away with it.

19 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

TBH I think it was a combination of bloodlust and bad intelligence.  there was never a valid reason IMO to go to iraq a position i've had since i was sitting at a meeting at foxwoods in CT when we launched the attack on Iraq.  

It was fabricated intelligence. Stop being a bootlicker. 

33 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Bloodlust and faked intelligence. Whether Bush knew is still a mystery. Cheney and the puppet masters though... No doubt. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Bloodlust and faked intelligence. Whether Bush knew is still a mystery. Cheney and the puppet masters though... No doubt. 

And they somehow got most people to believe it. Makes me chuckle when Trump says he believes so and so over our own “intelligence” and people’s heads go flying off. What suckers we are.

13 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Yep!

13 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

that may be a better way to put it.  Cheney is pure evil,  even though some here claimed he was an american hero.  Ponderous.  

• Platinum Contributing Member

Why the UN and coalition let Saddam stay in power after the original Gulf War was a huge mistake.   Yes I understand that it may have been more difficult to build a so called part Muslim coalition with the idea of regime change but he was a madman and his son's possibly worse.   Without capture and removal of power should have been a non started for the coalition.   Reality is we should have kept our noses out of the first one.

Edited by Highmark

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Why the UN and coalition let Saddam stay in power after the original Gulf War was a huge mistake.   Yes I understand that it may have been more difficult to build a so called part Muslim coalition with the idea of regime change but he was a madman and his son's possibly worse.   Without capture and removal of power should have been a non started for the coalition.   Reality is we should have kept our noses out of the first one.

What they should have done was whacked one of his kids and said toe the line or your other ones getting a bullet then you.  Trillions oculd have been saved for the price of a few bullets  Animals need to be controlled and him killing his own countrymen doesn't bother me in the least they were not a danger to us.  

1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Ouch...

Neal

The real lie is why the war was fought at all. Saddam started selling oil in Euro's only. He broke with OPEC selling oil only in US dollars "Petrodollar". The war in Libya was fought for the same reason. The US will fall one day under the weight of Debt and PC ignorance 

12 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

What they should have done was whacked one of his kids and said toe the line or your other ones getting a bullet then you.  Trillions oculd have been saved for the price of a few bullets  Animals need to be controlled and him killing his own countrymen doesn't bother me in the least they were not a danger to us.  

That sounds great if you bought the lie which seems many did. It was never about Sadaam. And it was never about safety. Who got control of Iraq's oil? 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

If one were to look at it as a buss decision we would have never done it. The risk far outweighed the reward ( there wasn't a reward) unless said buss was selling weapons systems.

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Even if the intelligence was correct, why bother? 

It was an easy sell because of all these faggots with their bullshit empathy. Fuck em. Saddam was the iraqi people's problem, not ours.

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

Before the first invasion I would have like to see them go after Saddam, his boys and all the Ba'ath party leadership.   Yes that would have involved taking out their air force and ground to air defense system but our focus should have been on them in the first gulf war.   

While we left the Emperor in place as a ceremonial role after WW2 we removed him completely from power.   We had to because of how the Japanese viewed him.   It would have caused a longer war if we targeted him.   Majority of Iraq's people would have supported us just targeting the leader.       

32 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

this

The Bush Administration wanted a reason to invade Iraq so they cherry picked Intelligence that supported their views. It was a classic case of confirmation bias. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Condi,  Powell , Rumsfeld and all the rest including W should hang for what they put this country through

The minute they croak , many here will be saying they are true American hero's.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

The minute they croak , many here will be saying they are true American hero's.

Yup....just like that piece of shit old man who turned the CIA into drug dealers 

20 minutes ago, SSFB said:

The Bush Administration wanted a reason to invade Iraq so they cherry picked Intelligence that supported their views. It was a classic case of confirmation bias. 

bunch of american heroes in the Bush Admin.