Check your account email address ×

Trump’s Tax Cut Won’t Power the Growth He Predicts, Officials Concede

Just now, racer254 said:

Do any of you have solutions?  Or maybe I should just say, better solutions.  I know you really have only one solution for everything and that is the typical dem talking point...put another dem in office.  Yeah, we all know how that works.

Yes.  Stop the deficit based economy by pay as you go, not collect less and spend more.  This is possible when you have a decent economy not when you are in a recession. Quit playing world cop and cut the MIC out of the picture slowly, not build it up quickly like we are now.

Just now, Zambroski said:

:lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: 

The fucking guy wants more taxes collected.  He wants to give more money to the government and expect them just to magically stop spending because the have more to spend.  The logic is borderline retarded

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

Yes.  Stop the deficit based economy by pay as you go, not collect less and spend more.  This is possible when you have a decent economy not when you are in a recession. Quit playing world cop and cut the MIC out of the picture slowly, not build it up quickly like we are now.

And?  How.  We all agree that this should happen as it isn't rocket science.  How about we cut taxes so they have less money?

Just now, racer254 said:

And?  How.  We all agree that this should happen as it isn't rocket science.  How about we cut taxes so they have less money?

That was already done, and that is why the deficit is predicted to rise more in this 4 years then the previous 8.

Honestly are you so stupid as to think the government won't keep spending even if they have less money?

Just now, 1jkw said:

That was already done, and that is why the deficit is predicted to rise more in this 4 years then the previous 8.

Honestly are you so stupid as to think the government won't keep spending even if they have less money?

Holy fuck, are you saying that we need to give them more and then they will stop?  God damn.  The ignorance is bliss crowd is amazing.

If we stop being the world police, do we then also stop all the refugee programs if more people from countries we no long support start showing up in the USA?  Do we also stop any and all assistance to other countries in the form of money?

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Again; what do you see as wasteful spending?

You can find multiple lists on the internet.   But start with ACA, TARP, auto bailout, just to name a few.  All of those were riddled with fraud and wasteful spending.

Edited by racer254

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Holy fuck, are you saying that we need to give them more and then they will stop?  God damn.  The ignorance is bliss crowd is amazing.

No, I'm saying that each taxpayer owns an equal part of the debt, cutting the taxes only raised the amount of debt we each are responsible for.   The tax cut saved some peoples millions, some a few thousand and some it cost more,  and it raised the debt we all share equally.

Had Trump not increased spending, and cut taxes the deficit would not be exploding the way it is.

30 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

What do you see as wasteful spending?

Anything above what we take in. Kinda like the family budget of most sane people.

7 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

No, I'm saying that each taxpayer owns an equal part of the debt, cutting the taxes only raised the amount of debt we each are responsible for.   The tax cut saved some peoples millions, some a few thousand and some it cost more,  and it raised the debt we all share equally.

Had Trump not increased spending, and cut taxes the deficit would not be exploding the way it is.

Yes, we have a spending problem.  When do we all get to pay our equal share for the debt?   Taxes are to cover spending and debt and it's a progressive system, so that debt isn't getting paid equally by everyone either.  You know this.

12 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You can find multiple lists on the internet.   But start with ACA, TARP, auto bailout, just to name a few.  All of those were riddled with fraud and wasteful spending.

Yeah lets start with cutting the program that preserves the health of the nation, you just can't get through your thick skull that the auto bailout quite possibly was the one thing that stopped the country from going into a depression, saved the fed. gov. from bailing out the pension plan, the auto bailout actually made money in the end. As many times as this has been explained to you, and this goes back to when webba was on the site you just won't let facts stand in the way of the opinion someone told you to have.  

• Platinum Contributing Member

I would venture a guess it would not be difficult to cut $500 billion in waste and fraud from our govt.

Defense, SS, Medicare, Medicaid, Virtually every "subsidy", illegal immigrant benefits, Food stamps, dept ed.......Everything our govt does has waste.  

6 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Yeah lets start with cutting the program that preserves the health of the nation, you just can't get through your thick skull that the auto bailout quite possibly was the one thing that stopped the country from going into a depression, saved the fed. gov. from bailing out the pension plan, the auto bailout actually made money in the end. As many times as this has been explained to you, and this goes back to when webba was on the site you just won't let facts stand in the way of the opinion someone told you to have.  

And there you have it.  There are just as many explanations and articles that say these programs were a waste.  My family is directly in the auto industry.  I know all about it and NO it did not make money in the end like you have been led to believe.  You were also told that pensions and wages were why the cost of vehicles were so high....that was another flat out lie.  So the bottom line is when people stop believing this type of bullshit then we can have real discussions.  The government is not here to bail out companies and should not.  PERIOD.  Next will be free college tuition.  Another wasteful spending opportunity.

The government should not be better at spending YOUR money than you are and even if they were, they are not entitled to it.

Edited by racer254

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I would venture a guess it would not be difficult to cut $500 billion in waste and fraud from our govt.

Defense, SS, Medicare, Medicaid, Virtually every "subsidy", illegal immigrant benefits, Food stamps, dept ed.......Everything our govt does has waste.  

Rand has a plan to cut 1% across the board and it balances the budget. Dead on arrival. Nobody in Washington is interested in fixing this. 1 fricken percent. 

7 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Yes, we have a spending problem.  When do we all get to pay our equal share for the debt?   Taxes are to cover spending and debt and it's a progressive system, so that debt isn't getting paid equally by everyone either.  You know this.

Actually look at the % Buffet and many like him pay, I mean the effective tax rate, while it is way more in dollars, due to the fact they have so much money the percentage or tax rate they pay is lower than someone making far less.  Regardless of tax bracket  we all own equal parts of the debt.

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Actually look at the % Buffet and many like him pay, I mean the effective tax rate, while it is way more in dollars, due to the fact they have so much money the percentage or tax rate they pay is lower than someone making far less.  Regardless of tax bracket  we all own equal parts of the debt.

So do we own equal parts as a percentage of our taxes or is it based on the dollars we are able to pay? 

What's my percent of the debt? 

Edited by racer254

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

And there you have it.  There are just as many explanations and articles that say these programs were a waste.  My family is directly in the auto industry.  I know all about it and NO it did not make money in the end like you have been led to believe.  You were also told that pensions and wages were why the cost of vehicles were so high....that was another flat out lie.  So the bottom line is when people stop believing this type of bullshit then we can have real discussions.  The government is not here to bail out companies and should not.  PERIOD.  Next will be free college tuition.  Another wasteful spending opportunity.

I'll tell you this I never thought it was wages, that was just away to break the unions.

The government kept the auto industry alive and it was one of the major reasons the recession didn't turn into a depression and as much as you may not like it that's the truth. And it's backed up by people who were smarter in first grade than you will ever be if you live to 100.

5 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I'll tell you this I never thought it was wages, that was just away to break the unions.

The government kept the auto industry alive and it was one of the major reasons the recession didn't turn into a depression and as much as you may not like it that's the truth. And it's backed up by people who were smarter in first grade than you will ever be if you live to 100.

So you think they lied about the wages to break the unions, but the second part is 100% truth.  IRONIC.  This is not a discussion about the auto bailout, but it proves that the government will tell you lies to make you feel like something worked, especially something that puts money into their hands and their ability to use it how they see fit.  It just amazes me that you believe something like this for one manufacturer, but yet foreign auto manus never got a bailout and are doing just fine.  Astonishing, since other countries were doing just a bad in the recession and their auto manufactures didn't get a bailout or need one. 

Edited by racer254

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Rand has a plan to cut 1% across the board and it balances the budget. Dead on arrival. Nobody in Washington is interested in fixing this. 1 fricken percent. 

You have to realize that's like 5%+ or more because its from existing spending not inflated future spending.   I fully support Rand in virtually every policy issue he discusses.  

Both sides like talking cuts but those cuts are generally to an increase.   For example Dept of Ed spending increases say 5% from 19 to 20.   They change the increase to 3% and claim they cut spending 2%.   Happened forever and the American public is too stupid and ill-informed because the MSM is on the govt's side and sells it as a cut when its not.   

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

So do we own equal parts as a percentage of our taxes or is it based on the dollars we are able to pay? 

What's my percent of the debt? 

You , me, the guy next door all own the same dollar amount of debt, we are all equal in that regard.

Your percentage is the debt divided by the number of legal taxpayers.

10 minutes ago, racer254 said:

So you think they lied about the wages to break the unions, but the second part is 100% truth.  IRONIC.  This is not a discussion about the auto bailout, but it proves that the government will tell you lies to make you feel like something worked, especially something that puts money into their hands and their ability to use it how they see fit.  It just amazes me that you believe something like this for one manufacturer, but yet foreign auto manus never got a bailout and are doing just fine.  Astonishing, since other countries were doing just a bad in the recession and their auto manufactures didn't get a bailout or need one. 

Yes, not only do I believe it  is true.

All US manufacturers got money, Ford just didn't get their through TARP.

Foreign manufactures have far more support from their respective governments than the US companies do, they build factories, housing, and what ever else is needed for their companies. Not to mention that the home countries of  foreign manufactures aren't taking money from them to put military bases in all over the world and sending troops everywhere to fight. 

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

If we stop being the world police, do we then also stop all the refugee programs if more people from countries we no long support start showing up in the USA?  Do we also stop any and all assistance to other countries in the form of money?

You were the world police to keep oil cheap. 

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

The fucking guy wants more taxes collected.  He wants to give more money to the government and expect them just to magically stop spending because the have more to spend.  The logic is borderline retarded

Cut taxes and increase spending. Hasnt this been tried before? How did that work out?