Check your account email address ×

Trump’s Tax Cut Won’t Power the Growth He Predicts, Officials Concede

2 hours ago, 1jkw said:

You , me, the guy next door all own the same dollar amount of debt, we are all equal in that regard.

Your percentage is the debt divided by the number of legal taxpayers.

How about divide it by how long someone has lived in the country?  Why make a 5 year old pay for debt accumulated during the lifetime of an 80 year old?

You could also throw into the formula something about property.  I own more property than most people. I get more out of the country than most.  That should be in the formula. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Cut taxes and increase spending. Hasnt this been tried before? How did that work out? 

I think that ended in the 2008 recession. Wasn’t a Republican running the country for 8 years before that?

4 hours ago, racer254 said:

Really?  So tax cuts are like slices of pizza.  With this analogy, then democrats say all "pizza" is bad and no one should have it and everyone goes hungry....GOT IT GENIUS.  LOL

No you don’t got it dumb dumb. 

You’re happy that you got one slice of pizza. Trump put 3 slices on your credit card and gave two of the slices to his buddies. 

But you’re too dumb to realize that because he has you worried about Muslims and Mexicans. 

Just now, revkevsdi said:

I think that ended in the 2008 recession. Wasn’t a Republican running the country for 8 years before that?

It really comes down to basic math. When you cant be bothered with facts then comes the deflection. Tax revenue has increased! Then why does the deficit keep growing? Derp

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Anler said:

It really comes down to basic math. When you cant be bothered with facts then comes the deflection. Tax revenue has increased! Then why does the deficit keep growing? Derp

Because congress are spending junkies.

14 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

How about divide it by how long someone has lived in the country?  Why make a 5 year old pay for debt accumulated during the lifetime of an 80 year old?

You could also throw into the formula something about property.  I own more property than most people. I get more out of the country than most.  That should be in the formula. 

I wouldn't make  5 year olds part of the equation, just tax payers of legal age. 

I have 42 acres, and already pay much more in property tax than if I owned less property.

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I wouldn't make  5 year olds part of the equation, just tax payers of legal age. 

I have 42 acres, and already pay much more in property tax than if I owned less property.

PA dosnt have any type of current use breaks?

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Because congress are spending junkies.

Right.. But tax cuts are overwhelmingly biased towards the uber wealthy. Which means who gets stuck paying more tax? And deficit spending devalues our currency which means the money you think your saving got wiped out the first year. 

Its no different for everybody individually. Americans are probably the most indebted population on earth. And you know the classic response "Well I dont live like that" . It doesnt matter, eventually the damn will burst and even your frugal ass will get burned. 

If nobody is going to be serious about being serious then fuck it, just live like all of those stupid people and party like its 1999!

Just now, Anler said:

Right.. But tax cuts are overwhelmingly biased towards the uber wealthy. Which means who gets stuck paying more tax? And deficit spending devalues our currency which means the money you think your saving got wiped out the first year. 

Its no different for everybody individually. Americans are probably the most indebted population on earth. And you know the classic response "Well I dont live like that" . It doesnt matter, eventually the damn will burst and even your frugal ass will get burned. 

If nobody is going to be serious about being serious then fuck it, just live like all of those stupid people and party like its 1999!

Nobody in gvmt is going to get serious without term limits. The way things are now being reelected is the most important thing to them. 

14 minutes ago, Anler said:

One thing never addressed, is that when the government spends it collects a portion of what it spends  back in tax revenue.

The more it spends the more it collects, so it makes sense that given the huge increase in spending, tax revenue would go up too.

The same people who have complained most about the amount they pay in taxes will say that the government doesn't get much tax revenue from this spending.

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

One thing never addressed, is that when the government spends it collects a portion of what it spends  back in tax revenue.

The more it spends the more it collects, so it makes sense that given the huge increase in spending, tax revenue would go up too.

The same people who have complained most about the amount they pay in taxes will say that the government doesn't get much tax revenue from this spending.

What is NEVER addressed and every congressman knows it is that govt spending drives the economy. And govt spending is basically debt spending. 

And you are 100% correct, when you add $500 billion into the economy it has a positive effect. Why do you think republicans wanted to cut spending so badly when Obama was president and then as soon as Trump became president they massively increased it? Some of that $500 billion is going to come back in tax revenue. Look! the tax cuts are working! Its all a shell game brah. And most Americans are too dumb for basic math. Its a sad reality.

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

PA dosnt have any type of current use breaks?

I get a break because I'm in an AG safe area, even with that my taxes are or were, haven't checked lately, the second highest in my township, only one in my comparable range that is more has an in ground pool.

My property is in 2 adjoining parcels my home on 12 acres and the rest is vacant acreage, pasture and fields.

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

What is NEVER addressed and every congressman knows it is that govt spending drives the economy. And govt spending is basically debt spending. 

And you are 100% correct, when you add $500 billion into the economy it has a positive effect. Why do you think republicans wanted to cut spending so badly when Obama was president and then as soon as Trump became president they massively increased it? Some of that $500 billion is going to come back in tax revenue. Look! the tax cuts are working! Its all a shell game brah. And most Americans are too dumb for basic math. Its a sad reality.

Not hard to figure out.  Some are just a little quicker than others.  Hey, lets use that logic when adding to the government payroll or when they are for a mandatory 15 dollar an hour wage.  Or how about when illegals use a fake SS number? 

Edited by racer254

Just now, 1jkw said:

I get a break because I'm in an AG safe area, even with that my taxes are or were, haven't checked lately, the second highest in my township, only one in my comparable range that is more has an in ground pool.

My property is in 2 adjoining parcels my home on 12 acres and the rest is vacant acreage, pasture and fields.

Do they have a minimum acreage for ag breaks? ANd do tree farms count?

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Not hard to figure out.  Some are just a little quicker than others.  Hey, lets use that logic when adding to the government payroll or when they are for a mandatory 15 dollar an hour wage.  Or how about when illegals use a fake SS number? 

Hey just vote republican and it will all fix itself!

Just now, Anler said:

That's what I point out in here  as much as I can.

Where is the tea party now?   When our country was struggling and fighting 2 wars all we heard was crying about debt and deficit, now not having more than 100,000 troops fighting, the debt and deficit are growing, and not a fucking peep. 

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

That's what I point out in here  as much as I can.

Where is the tea party now?   When our country was struggling and fighting 2 wars all we heard was crying about debt and deficit, now not having more than 100,000 troops fighting, the debt and deficit are growing, and not a fucking peep. 

Bullshit.  The tea party elected officials are in and working, but they are being silenced as much as possible.  If you agreed with the tea party, did you vote for any possible candidates?

Edited by racer254

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Do they have a minimum acreage for ag breaks? ANd do tree farms count?

In my case it was a dairy farm and was put in as an AG safe zone long ago.  Not sure on acreage limits, but I do think there is something for tree farms. Clean and green has changed to be more restrictive and harder to get in under. I don't really know the details but my friend who was an expert in that field told me it was harder now. I plan on applying for it this year though.

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Bullshit.  The tea party elected officials are in and working, but they are being silenced as much as possible.  If you agreed with the tea party, did you vote for any possible candidates?

The tea party is non existent, when was the last time there was a rally?

When was the last time they marched against Trump and his deficit spending?

I'll tell you when, fucking never.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

In my case it was a dairy farm and was put in as an AG safe zone long ago.  Not sure on acreage limits, but I do think there is something for tree farms. Clean and green has changed to be more restrictive and harder to get in under. I don't really know the details but my friend who was an expert in that field told me it was harder now. I plan on applying for it this year though.

up here it is 10 acres and saves thousands in tax $. Forest land is typically taxed at around $43 an acre instead of what ever the tax rate is in that town for what the land would sell for. And yes , it can be complicated. Many of those who don't qualify for it hate ( I don't qualify , but I like it ) as they say and it does , increase the amount they have to pay.

30 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Yes but it’s got to be part of the equation. 

You actually own a larger percentage of of the country than average.  

Same with the old geezers vs young people. If older people had demanded accountability then we wouldn’t be in this situation. 

But the current government is going the opposite way. They are reducing inheritance taxes.  

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

Yes but it’s got to be part of the equation. 

You actually own a larger percentage of of the country than average.  

Same with the old geezers vs young people. If older people had demanded accountability then we wouldn’t be in this situation. 

But the current government is going the opposite way. They are reducing inheritance taxes.  

Inheritance tax dosnt affect old geezers. It affects the children.

32 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Nobody in gvmt is going to get serious without term limits. The way things are now being reelected is the most important thing to them. 

Term limits would make it worse. They’d have to make their millions in fewer years.