Check your account email address ×

Another trump tweet following the 737 crash.

3 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I'm posting the actual tweet so the faithful can go to it and give it a like :thumb:

I agree with Trump a 100%! Many things, like he says, aren't better despite all the new technology thrown at them. Brings to mind, why fix things that weren't broken. :dunno:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, irv said:

I agree with Trump a 100%! Many things, like he says, aren't better despite all the new technology thrown at them. Brings to mind, why fix things that weren't broken. :dunno:

Tech advances have made air flight much safer. trump was bragging that air flight had made 2017 the safest year ever. of course he took credit.  

• Haha 1

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Tech advances have made air flight much safer. trump was bragging that air flight had made 2017 the safest year ever. of course he took credit.  

Some tech advances have. The trouble is some don't know when to stop with them. Like Trump said, pretty soon you won't need pilots but rather tech grads, but they won't have a clue what to do when something goes south on them because they are trained to rely on the safety systems. I'm all for safety but it doesn't do an incompetent pilot any good when safety devices fail them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, irv said:

Some tech advances have. The trouble is some don't know when to stop with them. Like Trump said, pretty soon you won't need pilots but rather tech grads, but they won't have a clue what to do when something goes south on them because they are trained to rely on the safety systems. I'm all for safety but it doesn't do an incompetent pilot any good when safety devices fail them. 

Trump wanted his private pilot to run the FAA. He says and does a lot of stupid shit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Trump wanted his private pilot to run the FAA. He says and does a lot of stupid shit. 

I know you are making this about Trump, and maybe rightfully so as I don't follow him, but, imo, he is spot on with his this. 

6 hours ago, irv said:

Are there less plane crashes per mile flown or more?  There are a lot more planes in the air now than 20 or 30 years ago. We may need this tech to handle the traffic. 

So Canada decides to ground these planes for safety concerns after stating the opposite yesterday.  Basically the airlines said fuck Garneau and grounded them regardless stating crew and passenger safety first.  

Fucking moron.

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So Canada decides to ground these planes for safety concerns after stating the opposite yesterday.  Basically the airlines said fuck Garneau and grounded them regardless stating crew and passenger safety first.  

Fucking moron.

Your country closed its airspace to the 737 Max 8, your post sounds Momo like :lol:Hey @f7ben could Crusher be the Son of @Momorider ? :dunno:

Canada closes airspace to Boeing 737 Max 8

Canada's transport minister says the country is closing air space to the Boeing 737 Max 8 jet following the crash of an Ethiopian Airlines jetliner that killed 157 people.

Canada becomes the latest country to bar the Boeing 737 Max as the investigation into the latest crash, the second in just over five months, is underway.

Transport Minister Marc Garneau said new information they received Wednesday morning in the form of satellite data shows a possible but unproven similarity to a previous Max 8 crash.

Boeing has said it has no reason to pull the popular aircraft from the skies and does not intend to issue new recommendations about the aircraft to customers.

Given the proximity to the U.S Canada's decision to ground the planes may cause problems for U.S. airlines.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/canada-closes-airspace-to-boeing-737-max-8/ar-BBUHXFC

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Your country closed its airspace to the 737 Max 8, your post sounds Momo like :lol:Hey @f7ben could Crusher be the Son of @Momorider ? :dunno:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/video-transport-minister-garneau-says-canada-to-keep-flying-boeing-737-max-8/

:owned:

Edited by ArcticCrusher

11 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Fucking moron.

The CEO of Ethiopian airlines made an irrefutable statement yesterday during an on air interview. That changed everything. This was definitely a flight control issue. 

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The CEO of Ethiopian airlines made an irrefutable statement yesterday during an on air interview. That changed everything. This was definitely a flight control issue. 

The airlines grounded them before him was my point.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

The airlines grounded them before him was my point.

Given the similarity between the two crashes, I’m blown away that the FAA hasn’t grounded the planes. That seems very odd to me. It sounds like you have a political ax to grind.... which is fine. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Stock has gained a percent since the announcement.  

I’ve always been heavy into Boeing. You can buy at anytime and it’s going to be a good ride unless your looking to short. They got deep pockets and lots of politicians “in” their pockets. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I’ve always been heavy into Boeing. You can buy at anytime and it’s going to be a good ride unless your looking to short. They got deep pockets and lots of politicians “in” their pockets. 

Once it started to climb after the announcement I bought some.   Like you said it will always be a good long term buy.   Hopefully this gets figured out soon and will be back up 10-15% within a matter of days or weeks.  

10 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Then take his cock out of your mouth once in a while faggot. 

And there you are again , too stupid to take what Trump said out of the equation and look at things from a neutral and common sense perspective.   In all seriousness , clowns like  you don't even deserve a response from me , even when we are just fucking around on here . Actually , you ain't worth the sweat off my balls , I was just bored last night when I decided to respond . Should you feel special now ? Well yes , you should .   :bc:

Edited by Sal Rosenberg
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

I fear that the problems with the 737 max could be more involved than is being lead on to.

Unfortunately , I'm starting to think so too . They don't ground these things unless there is some real evidence of a serious issue , even in today's world of instant panic and pussification.  How many years did the original 737 fly with the rudder actuator problem and they didn't ground em then.  :bc:

5 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Unfortunately , I'm starting to think so too . They don't ground these things unless there is some real evidence of a serious issue , even in today's world of instant panic and pussification.  How many years did the original 737 fly with the rudder actuator problem and they didn't ground em then.  :bc:

Yea the actuator was a freak and had not the female pilot who landed one that had malfunctioned they might never have figured it out. I read somewhere that at one point 60% of planes in the sky on any given day were 737s. It has been a very reliable plane over the years but now I fear the original engines from the 60s and open landing gear have come back to haunt it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

When two virtually brand new planes go down because of flight control issues, yeah. Something is wrong. 

So from what I gather the new engines which are larger in diameter than the previous CFM56 which barely fit under the wing where the JT8 once was. To over come the height problem for the CFM56 they moved the engine higher on the wing and added a flat to the bottom of the engine inlet. The Max had to move the engine forward and up as well as make new landing gear that still fit in the same well but but extended when deployed to give clearance for the new engine. The engine moving forward on the wing changes the line of thrust in a bad way and has been compensated for through mostly trim. 

• Like 1