Check your account email address ×

U.S. "Gets Its Ass Handed To It" In World War III Simulation: RAND

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

If you really want a war with china, back them into an economic corner. That's what america did with Japan.  

But I thought your team said we aren’t doing anything effective with them?  How can we “back them into a corner” being such an irrelevant force?

Sludgy would say, “Ooops!”

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

If you really want a war with china, back them into an economic corner. That's what america did with Japan.  

Yeah for attacking.......China.  :lol:  

China still holds much respect for the US regarding WW2.   I went thru about 8 hrs of training before the Chinese govt came in and audited my factory.  Almost 1/2-1 hr was on their fondness of America and what it did for them.   I don't think China is as large of enemy as some of you are making them out to be but yes they probably are our largest threat.   

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Iraq was a mistake both times.   Happy?   

Reality is I think oil on average has been relatively cheap since 2003 and very cheap since 1990.  

And why is that? Opec (the saudis) increased production to plummet the price which adversely affect countries who produce oil to fund their govt. Now we are fucking with those countries to get their oil under control of our interests. Once they have control do you think oil will remain cheap? I dont. 

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Nuclear war is a possibility too.   

Everything those countries can do to us we can do to them.   Even with cyber warfare there is the idea of mutually assured destruction.  

But the difference is that one ensures the destruction of everything, while the other allows physical assets to remain relatively intact. While I agree that invading the U.S. and taking over would be a foolhardy venture, think how much easier it could happen by weakening the population and pitting them against each other. It would be the wild west all over again or worse. Heck look at all the animosity and division in our country now and we still have everything. Then again maybe something like that would pull us all together against a common enemy. Idk. I hope we never have to find out.

39 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Don't need to be confident.   What fool would attack the mainland of the US?   Fear over retaliation with nuclear weapons is enough alone to stop someone.  If there ever is another world war with conventional weapons it won't be fought on US soil.   

The terrorists that crashed 3 jetliners attacked America if I'm not mistaken. 

Edited by smokin george

Just now, Anler said:

And why is that? Opec (the saudis) increased production to plummet the price which adversely affect countries who produce oil to fund their govt. Now we are fucking with those countries to get their oil under control of our interests. Once they have control do you think oil will remain cheap? I dont. 

Well considering the growth in demand even since 1990 I'd say it's remained relatively cheap.   

I do think countries understand for their own well being its better for oil to be cheap than expensive.   

Just now, smokin george said:

The terrorists that crashed 3 jetliners attacked America of I'm not mistaken

And I fear much more of an attack from those groups again than a country.   

A nuke would have already gone off in the US if certain terrorists groups had the capability of doing it.   They don't fear being destroyed like countries do.   

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Well considering the growth in demand even since 1990 I'd say it's remained relatively cheap.   

I do think countries understand for their own well being its better for oil to be cheap than expensive.   

What happened in 2001 after the Cheney oil conference? Peak oil? Gas got up to $5 a gallon here. Now all of the sudden there is no more peak oil. Once they have the worlds oil production under control the commodity traders will run that shit up like they did last time. 

1 minute ago, Skidude600 said:

But the difference is that one ensures the destruction of everything, while the other allows physical assets to remain relatively intact. While I agree that invading the U.S. and taking over would be a foolhardy venture, think how much easier it could happen by weakening the population and pitting them against each other. It would be the wild west all over again or worse. Heck look at all the animosity and division in our country now and we still have everything. Then again maybe something like that would pull us all together against a common enemy. Idk. I hope we never have to find out.

If if's and but's were candy and nuts it would be Christmas every day of the year.

Just not something I think or worry about happening from sovereign country right now.   Natural resources are just not that tight.   Much more likely to come from a terrorist organization.  

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yeah for attacking.......China.  :lol:  

China still holds much respect for the US regarding WW2.   I went thru about 8 hrs of training before the Chinese govt came in and audited my factory.  Almost 1/2-1 hr was on their fondness of America and what it did for them.   I don't think China is as large of enemy as some of you are making them out to be but yes they probably are our largest threat.   

Chine is perhaps the most ethnically diverse country in the world. There's many different schools of thought in China regarding America. There's no love in the Chinese military for America. None what so ever.

Just now, Anler said:

What happened in 2001 after the Cheney oil conference? Peak oil? Gas got up to $5 a gallon here. Now all of the sudden there is no more peak oil. Once they have the worlds oil production under control the commodity traders will run that shit up like they did last time. 

Yes it could happen but I really don't see it.   My point is even the oil companies know they are doomed once prices reach a certain point for a certain length of time.   Both the companies and the countries have an interest in keeping prices in check.  

3 minutes ago, smokin george said:

The terrorists that crashed 3 jetliners attacked America if I'm not mistaken. 

And Americuh has been a bunch of scared little bitches since. 19 muslims scared us into giving away our rights and trillions of dollars. Muslims are not a threat to us, China and Russia could be a far more formidable opponent. When half the world pushes to move off of the dollar then we will see some real good stuff happening. 

6 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

Nobody is going to invade the US, that is a foolish idea. These guys are way smarter than that. 

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Chine is perhaps the most ethnically diverse country in the world. There's many different schools of thought in China regarding America. There's no love in the Chinese military for America. None what so ever.

What countries military has love for any other countries military?   Even allies?  Been that way since the beginning of conflicts.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

If if's and but's were candy and nuts it would be Christmas every day of the year.

Just not something I think or worry about happening from sovereign country right now.   Natural resources are just not that tight.   Much more likely to come from a terrorist organization.  

yeah and IF a terrorist got a hold of a jetliner. Its not something I think about everyday either, but IF you are going to have a conversation about it..............

1 minute ago, Skidude600 said:

yeah and IF a terrorist got a hold of a jetliner. Its not something I think about everyday either, but IF you are going to have a conversation about it..............

That's what's happening and IMHO a sovereign country attacking the US in any manner is highly, highly unlikely.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Nobody is going to invade the US, that is a foolish idea. These guys are way smarter than that. 

I don't disagree. There are better ways to neuter the U.S. and our population is too well armed. I was just offering it in opposition to a nuclear scenario.

XYea so in other news Russia may get the delivery of their very first production stealth plane this year after about a twenty year delay. Of course it is really only stealthy from the front and it's weapon systems are at least one generation in the rear.