Check your account email address ×

Local Newspapers Around The U.S.A. , Wither And Die

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

same path as brick and mortar stores. the internet. 

Not to mention the fact that most halfwits can't read and comprehend anyhow....take a look around here. :lmao:

You are 100% correct though....I used to get up early every Sunday for the Detroit News and spend a leisurely few hours drinking coffee and reading...miss those days.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Local news just can't keep up with they lying sensationalism of the major outlets. 

You like lies.  Like 9000 + :lmao: 

Gave up Detroit news years ago, still get our county paper. the local township paper turned into a  free mailer. 

Seems odd to me that a lot of these papers would rather whither & die than give up their bias reporting to reach a broader base.

A lot of businesses have had to reinvent themselves to stay relevant.   

29 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Gave up Detroit news years ago, still get our county paper. the local township paper turned into a  free mailer. 

Seems odd to me that a lot of these papers would rather whither & die than give up their bias reporting to reach a broader base.

A lot of businesses have had to reinvent themselves to stay relevant.   

I thought the spinal column was a good local paper when I lived in white lake.The local paper where I live now is garbage.

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

I thought the spinal column was a good local paper when I lived in white lake.The local paper where I live now is garbage.

I delivered it for a very short time as a kid. 

We get it  bi weekly in the mail for free, now. The Oakland press is very thin , a shell of what it was. We still take it out of pity.   

Ten years ago I used to get seven newspapers delivered / or by mail . I only pick up the Sunday (d)etroit news now. When I fly , I still like to pick up a local paper at the airports when I wait for a connecting flight.  Sad to say , very little local news is covered anymore in print or on the boob tube at  six or eleven p.m.

9 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Ten years ago I used to get seven newspapers delivered / or by mail . I only pick up the Sunday (d)etroit news now. When I fly , I still like to pick up a local paper at the airports when I wait for a connecting flight.  Sad to say , very little local news is covered anymore in print or on the boob tube at  six or eleven p.m.

Have noticed that local news is trending more towards tabloid style stories. Little difference now between entertainment tonight and  local news. 

12 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

When I was kid my mom read The Free Press...she was a big Bob Talbert “ Out of my Mind on Monday Moanin” fan. :thumbsup:

As I got older I gravitated to the News and then they combined the Sunday editions: