Check your account email address ×

Global warming thread

Anyone who uses one year or one winter data in their area to prove or disprove climate change should leave this conversation. I swear some people are so science illiterate that it’s scary. Thank god you can benefit from science without understanding it or even believing it... 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Anyone who uses one year or one winter data in their area to prove or disprove climate change should leave this conversation. I swear some people are so science illiterate that it’s scary. Thank god you can benefit from science without understanding it or even believing it... 

How about 40 years?  Is that good enough?

This isn’t a question of you needing a PhD. This isn’t having a degree in science. It isn’t a left or right thing. It’s simple. Did you or did you not graduate 6th grade? That’s when they teach simple things like: What is climate? What is weather? How do you measure climate? What is a sampling?  If you don’t understand those, not only are you fucking stupid, you should just shut up. Stupid people should shut up more.... You’re welcome for science and all it’s done...

Edited by xtralettucetomatoe580

8 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Exactly even the last 50 years such a drop in the ocean 

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

How about 40 years?  Is that good enough?

Fucking obviously. I’m not making a case for or against climate change if you’re reading... I’m making a case for at least knowing what it is. Apparently most in this thread don’t know what climate change is. 

2 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Fucking obviously. I’m not making a case for or against climate change if you’re reading... I’m making a case for at least knowing what it is. Apparently most in this thread don’t know what climate change is. 

Agreed. It’s a changing climate. Like it’s always changed 

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

This isn’t a question of you needing a PhD. This isn’t having a degree in science. It isn’t a left or right thing. It’s simple. Did you or did you not graduate 6th grade? That’s when they teach simple things like: What is climate? What is weather? How do you measure climate? What is a sampling?  If you don’t understand those, not only are you fucking stupid, you should just shut up. Stupid people should shut up more.... Your welcome for science and all it’s done...

How about 2000 years ago when the planet was warmer and the tree lines went further north.  That's real science.

Humans are the most adaptive species on the planet and have all kinds of technology to compensate.

to be worried about a couple degree swing in temps is silly. the climate has never been a constant. 

4 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Did anyone say it wasn’t? Please draw up whatever logical fallacy you need to compare then and now... 

Man wasn't the cause then nor is man the main driver of climate change today.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

That the planet is warming is a verifiable fact.  That man is contributing to that warming is also a verifiable fact. 

A control isn't necessary or required for either of those facts.

The issue with anthropic warming isn't that we will destroy the planet.  No one believes that we will do such a thing.  The concern is that we will make much of the current parts of the planet uninhabitable, as it currently is.

Neal

This is a fair and rational statement.

Areas that are habital or not have been changing forever. At the very most were slightly speeding up the process. It will happen inevitably anyway. 

Its been said by scientists that at most were just delaying the next ice age. I’m fine with that 

4 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Areas that are habital or not have been changing forever. At the very most were slightly speeding up the process. It will happen inevitably anyway. 

Its been said by scientists that at most were just delaying the next ice age. I’m fine with that 

Libtards think we should accelerate that.

12 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Man wasn't the cause then nor is man the main driver of climate change today.  

Just because climate didn’t change then due to man doesn’t mean it can’t change now due to man. Thanks for busting out exactly the logical fallacy I thought you would. 

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Just because climate didn’t change then due to man doesn’t mean it can’t change now due to man. Thanks for busting out exactly the logical fallacy I thought you would. 

I didn't say that, however I don't believe man is the main diver today, its happening regardless.  Its the idiots who believe we can stop it.

"Look that glacier is melting due to climate change", yah its always been there.  Next.

4 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Probably the dumbest thought process right now is that a current climate change is man made