Check your account email address ×

2020 arctic cat riot released!!

Rod

44 minutes ago, Edmo said:

How much lipstick can you put on this procross? Come out with something new already. Maybe the spring check only thing is to clear out the pipeline for something big next year. :dunno: 

That's the only thing that makes any sense to me.  This lineup is lame for the non-mountain riders.

4 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

they may have more,to come i have a,bud in Tahoe now at a,dealer event and he was,texting me that the new mountain cat has a lot more midrage than the 19 that is there 

fuck crossovers good at nothing compromise on every level. built for guys who can't afford 2 sleds for them self or just don't know any better 

Don't tell @Anler that.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Anler said:

Looks like Arctic Cat's answer to the switchback assault. Those are some pretty big shoes to fill. :news: 

The thing is the SBA has a full 42.5" ski-stance. The idiots at Doo and Cat think these "crossover" riders want a narrow ski-stance so they can actually sidehill... The real market for SBA is trail riders who like to carve some turns in a farmer's field they're not supposed to be riding on so they can pretend they can boondock.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Wildboer said:

The thing is the SBA has a full 42.5" ski-stance. The idiots at Doo and Cat think these "crossover" riders want a narrow ski-stance so they can actually sidehill... The real market for SBA is trail riders who like to carve some turns in a farmer's field they're not supposed to be riding on so they can pretend they can boondock.

There is a thread on HCS wondering if the Crossover Sled Trend is ruining the sport and causing trails to be lost....some are blaming Mfgs. For building and marketing these sleds as offtrail and some buyers are too stupid to know where offtrail is permitted....makes some sense IMO. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Have to be honest I've watched an sba get stuck between 2 trees playing off trail so there is value there esp with the new quick adjust. 

4 hours ago, Anler said:

The Assault is the bomb diggity. Does everything good

wrong dose it all 1/2 ass.

Will trail ok but nothing like a,pro r 

Will go in Midwest deep snow ok but nothing like a,rmk 

Will hold a,side hill like a 15 yr old rmk at best. 

compromise at every thing. every so called crossover is but it is what the sheep want 

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Of course they are....fucking Swiss cheese brain.

really used sled boy .

so are the cross countery racers running a 144? why not ? how, about well any one who rides deep snow are they buying cross overs ? why not they are tbe bomb right ?

just get back to Craigs list looking for clapped out shit you can afford 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

There is a thread on HCS wondering if the Crossover Sled Trend is ruining the sport and causing trails to be lost....some are blaming Mfgs. For building and marketing these sleds as offtrail and some buyers are too stupid to know where offtrail is permitted....makes some sense IMO. 

I heard the Mfgs were pushing for more off-trail opportunities in the Northeast, here in NY it's just not possible. I see guys riding Freerides and Backcountrys with the narrow skis and I just think, "Is it really worth riding a tippy ass sled all day so it's more nimble during your 15 minutes of illegal boondocking?" There's literally nowhere to ride off trail that doesn't risk causing a trail closure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

actualy you can get a regular xf with tve wide stance and a xf highcountrry with the wide stance and a mountain skid .

and both are pretty much worthless.  I would prob buy the zr136 if I wanted a trail sled that could Handel a corn field or blown in ditch 

4 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I heard the Mfgs were pushing for more off-trail opportunities in the Northeast, here in NY it's just not possible. I see guys riding Freerides and Backcountrys with the narrow skis and I just think, "Is it really worth riding a tippy ass sled all day so it's more nimble during your 15 minutes of illegal boondocking?" There's literally nowhere to ride off trail that doesn't risk causing a trail closure.

the biggest risk of trail closing is the total lack of people joining club's and doing the needed work to keep them open and establish new routs when old ones are closed .

if you own a,sled and use the fucking thing and are not at least a member of a club paying dues you are a worthless fuck stain and are not adult enough to even own toy 

25 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I dont disagree with that premise. Trails get crowded and beat to fuck guys head for the fresh stuff and sometimes where they shouldnt. Especially if they have a sled they feel can "go anywhere". I ride mostly trails so I think my next sled will probably be that. Although the assault is a great trail sled. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

actualy you can get a regular xf with tve wide stance and a xf highcountrry with the wide stance and a mountain skid .

and both are pretty much worthless.  I would prob buy the zr136 if I wanted a trail sled that could Handel a corn field or blown in ditch 

Exactly, I'd go to a 137 with a 1.75" lug before I went to a 146" length. I get so few chances to do any real off-trail boondocking type shit I said fuck it and went back to a shorty. Hell, we started riding Renegades for on-trail stability in the first place. Slightly smother through washboarded trials, they track a little more confidently, etc. 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

the biggest risk of trail closing is the total lack of people joining club's and doing the needed work to keep them open and establish new routs when old ones are closed .

if you own a,sled and use the fucking thing and are not at least a member of a club paying dues you are a worthless fuck stain and are not adult enough to even own toy 

Here in NY you have to prove you are a club member in order to register your sled, trail conditions have improved greatly since they made that a law.

19 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

wrong dose it all 1/2 ass.

Will trail ok but nothing like a,pro r 

Will go in Midwest deep snow ok but nothing like a,rmk 

Will hold a,side hill like a 15 yr old rmk at best. 

compromise at every thing. every so called crossover is but it is what the sheep want 

Nope, I ride with a proS and the assault keeps up just fine. And is faster. No compromise. Maybe to a 129" XC but really all that is, is a shorter version of the assault. 

It does off trail as good as I need it to, and better than any other "crossover sled". I dont ride at high elevations in the mountains so I would never need an RMK. No compromise whatsoever.

Side hilling. Cant remember the last time I had to do that. :handjob:

As far as Im concerned every other sled is a compromise. :bigfinger:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I dont disagree with that premise. Trails get crowded and beat to fuck guys head for the fresh stuff and sometimes where they shouldnt. Especially if they have a sled they feel can "go anywhere". I ride mostly trails so I think my next sled will probably be that. Although the assault is a great trail sled. 

You should see what these dipshit do in New York dude. Out on Tug Hill you ride through a lot of farm fields, clearly marked "stay on trail" with fuckin neon poles demarcating the path you're supposed to be taking... The assholes will ride parallel with the trail 20 feet outside the trail markers, they'll cut straight across a field when the trail clearly aims to skirt you around the side of it. The most infuriating and fucked up part, 90% of the time these fuckers aren't even carving turns or anything!!! They're just riding in a straight line through the powder.

23 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

really used sled boy .

so are the cross countery racers running a 144? why not ? how, about well any one who rides deep snow are they buying cross overs ? why not they are tbe bomb right ?

just get back to Craigs list looking for clapped out shit you can afford 

14 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Such an angry meth head....I'm a member of our club even though due to low numbers and change in property ownership our trail was lost. I've also joined clubs in the past in areas I didn't even rode just because I wanted to support them..you're a big mouth Ezra so GFY.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, Wildboer said:

You should see what these dipshit do in New York dude. Out on Tug Hill you ride through a lot of farm fields, clearly marked "stay on trail" with fuckin neon poles demarcating the path you're supposed to be taking... The assholes will ride parallel with the trail 20 feet outside the trail markers, they'll cut straight across a field when the trail clearly aims to skirt you around the side of it. The most infuriating and fucked up part, 90% of the time these fuckers aren't even carving turns or anything!!! They're just riding in a straight line through the powder.

That is not exclusive to New York. Snowmobilers are fucking ignorant assholes. I am ashamed to say it but it is 100% true.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Nope, I ride with a proS and the assault keeps up just fine. And is faster. No compromise. Maybe to a 129" XC but really all that is, is a shorter version of the assault. 

It does off trail as good as I need it to, and better than any other "crossover sled". I dont ride at high elevations in the mountains so I would never need an RMK. No compromise whatsoever.

Guy is a fucking brain damaged fucktard...don't bother with him. 

1 minute ago, Wildboer said:

Exactly, I'd go to a 137 with a 1.75" lug before I went to a 146" length. I get so few chances to do any real off-trail boondocking type shit I said fuck it and went back to a shorty. Hell, we started riding Renegades for on-trail stability in the first place. Slightly smother through washboarded trials, they track a little more confidently, etc. 

Here in NY you have to prove you are a club member in order to register your sled, trail conditions have improved greatly since they made that a law.

good the way it should be .

I have been asking guys for 3 weeks around the house what club they are in .most just look at me like I am crazy . ask where they live then tell them what club in in there town what the web page is and the times of the meeting .

I bet 1/2  of the guys say oh I don't have time .

so last week I started calling them out on there bullshit . a d tell I g them what I think . fuck em I don't give a fuck sick of all the ass hats with 12k sleds 2k in gear who can't afford 40 bucks to join or put in 1 fucking afternoon a yr to keep this shit going . 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

you ride a compromise and that is ok as long as you like it 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Guy is a fucking brain damaged fucktard...don't bother with him. 

I am really not sure what he likes. He dogs the fuck out of skidoo and then goes and buys one and then complains about it. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Such an angry meth head....I'm a member of our club even though due to low numbers and change in property ownership our trail was lost. I've also joined clubs in the past in areas I didn't even rode just because I wanted to support them..you're a big mouth Ezra so GFY.

well go out and reestablish new routs .

it can be done if you want . I live 14 min out of down town Minneapolis. 

we have 're opened old routs and new trail over the last 7 yrs that people all said coyks not be done .

we started our own new club just to get this shit done . now all western burb trails are reconnected and we even got our own tucker. 

angry yeah a bit when all this shit falls on 15 guys because some fuck thinks because he bought a new sled he is good to go and my fav is when same ass clown then starts to bitch about grooming 

1 hour ago, Wildboer said:

Isn’t that the fucking truth