Check your account email address ×

New Congress

Pete

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Not much of the nations business getting done.  Lots of huff and bluster about how evil Trump is.  Another 3-5 trillion in debt.  Lots of shiny objects.  The usual.

Trump already added 2 trillion to the debt, and is projected to add as much to the deficit in 4 years as Obama did in 8.

I'm sure you already know this, as it will have an effect on the stock market. 

LOL,

Damn trump just can't do anything right.  It's laughable that congress is immune and it's all the POTUS fault, no matter what.  IMO it is only the fault of the POTUS when it comes to the executive orders.  The rest lies with the 535 dumbasses that are elected.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

Trump already added 2 trillion to the debt, and is projected to add as much to the deficit in 4 years as Obama did in 8.

I'm sure you already know this, as it will have an effect on the stock market. 

I’m sure you also know what they say about projections 4 years out too, right?  I understand why Trump enacted the tax cuttoo, yet you guys are still arguing how stupid it was to give Joe 6 pack more of his paycheck back.  Because now all of a sudden debt matters.

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I’m sure you also know what they say about projections 4 years out too, right?  I understand why Trump enacted the tax cuttoo, yet you guys are still arguing how stupid it was to give Joe 6 pack more of his paycheck back.  Because now all of a sudden debt matters.

If the tax cuts gave Joe 6 pack the bulk of the cut, ( like Trump promised) and actually had people in Trumps position paying more like he said, you would have a point. Wait until Joe six pack gets his taxes done this year.

The reality is the ones who bitched most about debt in the previous 8 years are now silent.  Look how much the deficit has grown in 2 years, with all three branches under R control.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

If the tax cuts gave Joe 6 pack the bulk of the cut, ( like Trump promised) and actually had people in Trumps position paying more like he said, you would have a point. Wait until Joe six pack gets his taxes done this year.

The reality is the ones who bitched most about debt in the previous 8 years are now silent.  Look how much the deficit has grown in 2 years, with all three branches under R control.

And look how much guys like you continue to ignore the stimulative effect of the tax cuts.  Sure we can debate it until the cows come home, what’s annoying as fuck is how cocksure some of you guys are against everything this president does or doesn’t do, along with ignoring all that he Has already accomplished.

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

And look how much guys like you continue to ignore the stimulative effect of the tax cuts.  Sure we can debate it until the cows come home, what’s annoying as fuck is how cocksure some of you guys are against everything this president does or doesn’t do, along with ignoring all that he Has already accomplished.

just because... its trump

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

And yet with all this  stimulative  effect, we have 2 trillion added to the debt and nearly doubled the rate the deficit is increasing.

Second sentence describes you perfectly with the prior admin.

Look what Trump started with, longest bull market in history, low unemployment, low inflation, record emerging market 2017, and a strong world economy, not to mention not having 2 wars he didn't start to deal with.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

Guaranteed when the tax cuts are set to expire 2025 all parties will make them permanent....  why???  cause it will be the largest tax increase ever on the non wealthy/rich to let it expire.

27 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Guaranteed when the tax cuts are set to expire 2025 all parties will make them permanent....  why???  cause it will be the largest tax increase ever on the non wealthy/rich to let it expire.

Or make new tax cuts for the middle class and corporate, and allow the top 1% to pay more, like Trump said originally.

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Or make new tax cuts for the middle class and corporate, and allow the top 1% to pay more, like Trump said originally.

Top 1% taxes are likely in business income...  those are permanent.  The tax cuts that will expire in 2025 are all pretty much outside the top 1 percent.  Guaranteed no democrat or republican will let the cuts expire as it would be an extreme tax increase on the poor up to the upper middle class.

guaranteed!

48 minutes ago, racer254 said:

FFS, During Obama, it was the only time history to have our credit lowered.  Let that fucking sink in real hard.

Because the Tea Party was willing to let the US default on its obligations.

Why because of deficit spending.

Is the rate of deficit spending higher or lower now?

Edited by 1jkw

36 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

they should extend it on everyone making under $150k then ramp up rates on those over $400k and ratchet back up the estate tax.  Although i would prefer they be able to make a COLA adjustment to the rates don't see that ever changing even though 400k in NYC is worth less than $250k in a rural flyover state.  

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

they should extend it on everyone making under $150k then ramp up rates on those over $400k and ratchet back up the estate tax.  Although i would prefer they be able to make a COLA adjustment to the rates don't see that ever changing even though 400k in NYC is worth less than $250k in a rural flyover state.  

Your figures....  single or couple????

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Your figures....  single or couple????

couple.  And i've been the guy deep into the 39.6 tax bracket and while it sucks to pay i certainly could afford it.  Even then i never cleared an effective rate much over 30 after deductions.  My old man and i had a conversation the other day-  he thinks it's crazy he'll have 85k in retirement income this year and will pay next to nothing but he will take it while he can and certainly pumps it back into the economy as I've told them to spend it all and they are trying hard.  

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

couple.  And i've been the guy deep into the 39.6 tax bracket and while it sucks to pay i certainly could afford it.  Even then i never cleared an effective rate much over 30 after deductions.  My old man and i had a conversation the other day-  he thinks it's crazy he'll have 85k in retirement income this year and will pay next to nothing but he will take it while he can and certainly pumps it back into the economy as I've told them to spend it all and they are trying hard.  

So singles at 75k a year get a tax increase as well?

Edited by BOHICA

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, racer254 said:

LOL,

Damn trump just can't do anything right.  It's laughable that congress is immune and it's all the POTUS fault, no matter what.  IMO it is only the fault of the POTUS when it comes to the executive orders.  The rest lies with the 535 dumbasses that are elected.

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

FFS, During Obama, it was the only time history to have our credit lowered.  Let that fucking sink in real hard.

So which is it?

:lmao: 

Typical Doe Dumber :lol: