Check your account email address ×

Adult conversation and opinion

jtssrx

32 minutes ago, Highmark said:

My wife and I talked about this last night.   Never have we seen the country so divided.   The only time in our adult lives we feel is even close was during the Rodney King verdict riots and we think they are much worse now.

Without question I think the left thrives on a divided country.  Very concerning all the "taking over" of our police departments by the DOJ.  

stay-vigilant-dont-fall-into-the-governments-plan-to-create-3029237.png

Like I said, the media is pushing this. Working in "the murder Capitol of the world" and watching the BLM on TV you'd think we were on the brink of civil war. 

But I was in the city all morning and yesterday and every black person I crossed said, " good morning" "hello" "have a blessed day" holding doors for people, all with smiles on their faces. 

So you can allow yourself to be consumed by the negativity or you can go on being a positive influence. The choice IS ours...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

jt asked for adult responses. racer gave a change the subject one and you did as well.

My response was given.  But I was trying to keep this thread somewhat on track and good reading before you and your girlfriend fucked it up.  It's occurred to me that you two are the most oblivious of any of the members here.  You two masquerade as intelligent choices but the shit you both throw up is so completely foolish...well......

Eh, that's enough.  Good luck with all your "shtick".  Oh, I never got to comment on your complete ignorance in the "gov't should not be run like a business thread", I'll have to try and circle back to that.  Cuz, damn!  SMH

Edited by Zambroski

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

There are a lot of things I could try and comment on but I am going to focus on one, that manipulates the other to an unbelievable extent:  

The News Media.  They have slowly worked their way into a position over the last 15 years that have drawn most of the uneducated and unintelligent masses to them.  Not saying the people that follow and believe the MSM's are completely incompetent, I just think it's easier for most of them to believe the 15 minute spiel from the talking heads from what is no more in America than a "News Show" and "News Tabloid Papers".  I've been pulling myself away from this form America's "news" for about 4 years now.  I read a lot of foreign media even if the translations isn't perfect and requires a bit of piecing together.  If I watch any news it is local (and ours is free from Nat'l politics) and the BBC.  I can say this without a doubt:  News is not being drawn up worldwide like it is here.  Most of the stories aren't full of opinions written like an editorial piece like ours are.  They are short and to the facts and points.  It makes for less entertainment and sometimes it's like reading data sheets.  But guess what...THAT IS WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE.  And I find myself more informed and able to draw better conclusions than ever in my life because of this path.

Now, "the other", we've become a nation of lazy stupid sheep.  We are looking for the fastest, easiest and less productive way to make decisions.  And what's the best way to do this?  Simple, let somebody else tell you how to think and what to do.  This little concept has never taken hold as fast or as powerful as it has now in America.  The movement and bias of our media toward the more liberal agenda has gone from being subliminal and more of an overtone to full on picking and choosing the stories and comments to fully support the agenda of their party of choosing.  They are all guilty of this now.  News isn't brought to us as "information", it is now brought to us as opinions masked as facts and news.  Certain stories that can change a narrative are overlooked all together or are barely touched on to make the MSM appear "legit".  Other stories are slammed in our faces for days and weeks to a point it's been made fact in our minds.  It's grossly manipulative.  But, it is for sure working for the majority who can only parrot what they just watched or the headline they just got flashed in order to grow recruits to this type of idiocy.

Our media, along with the added "agents", have led us to a point as a nation where it's one lie after another being argued and debated as if either was ever true or real.  Our "heroes" and "villains" are decided for us by a monopoly that has it's own best interest in mind....keeping us ignorant and hanging on their every piece of advice on where to go and what to do.  I'm reminded of the dark ages where the religious power entities kept knowledge, education, and information from the masses in order to build their own empire on top.  I can only hope we'll be able to snap out of it in time to save what little true democracy we have left.

The media has done this over the course of its existence, not just the last 15 years.

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Like I said, the media is pushing this. Working in "the murder Capitol of the world" and watching the BLM on TV you'd think we were on the brink of civil war. 

But I was in the city all morning and yesterday and every black person I crossed said, " good morning" "hello" "have a blessed day" holding doors for people, all with smiles on their faces. 

So you can allow yourself to be consumed by the negativity or you can go on being a positive influence. The choice IS ours...

yeah..but you weren't in the hood trying to get some crack either I bet.

Just now, Capt.Storm said:

yeah..but you weren't in the hood trying to get some crack either I bet.

I work in some of the worst neighborhoods in Chicago and have for the last 27 years. But no, I have never bought crack. But I have paid drug dealers to watch our vehicles so the hood rats wouldn't fuck with them... :bc:

1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

The media has done this over the course of its existence, not just the last 15 years.

Agreed.  It's "sensationalism" and "sway value" has been around since the talking pictures.  ("talking pictures" :lol:).  But it has never been as directional as it has become now.  I use the last 15 years as really, I've only been involved in "real world" ideological issues for about 25 or so years.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Agreed.  It's "sensationalism" and "sway value" has been around since the talking pictures.  ("talking pictures" :lol:).  But it has never been as directional as it has become now.  I use the last 15 years as really, I've only been involved in "real world" ideological issues for about 25 or so years.

I hear what you're saying. Historically it's been, maybe not worse but at least as bad. Still, it's absolutely unacceptable. Fuck the media!

• Platinum Contributing Member
59 minutes ago, Anler said:

True but what part of the city were you in?  Don't you think the govt and media work hand in hand and influence or manipulate each other in a lot of ways?   I do.  

No different than radical islam I think race relations in this country have a wide range.   For example.

You have muslims that are radical terrorists, you have muslims that believe completely in what the radicals are doing and that infidels should conform or die yet would never participate in jihad and you have have those don't agree but "understand" why and those that completely disagree.

Same could be said about race relations, probably both sides. 

Edited by Highmark

• Platinum Contributing Member

The simple truth is there are millions of ignorant Americans who are uncomfortable, scared, and unsure of anyone who doesn't look or believe like they do.  Fear is the driver of the ignorance.  It's black people.  It's Muslims.  It's Hispanics.  It's gay people. It's atheists.  The list goes on.  

Remember when gay marriage was becoming legal in a handful of states and the right wingers told us the moral fabric of society, the sanctity of marriage, and our children are all going to be at risk because gay people are getting married..:news:. It's an example of fear and ignorance of the unknown.

The cultural and racial make up of our society is changing and most of it is for the better.  Millions of Muslim, brown, black, gay, non believers,, etc get up and go to work, take care of their families, and volunteer in their communities everyday.  Yet - like it has always been - the focus is on the outliers and those who fit into the preconceived notions and prejudices many people have.  Peaceful protests and demonstrations are as American as Apple Pie and there is absolutely nothing wrong with them.  In fact it's part of our fabric and should be encouraged.  I don't condone violence or looting as demonstrations turn to riots...but I also don't allow my perceptions to be controlled by fear.  

Vinvce made an excellent point about the access to video as more questionable behavior is exposed.  Often times the general population has video evidence of the situation and the local authorities can no longer frame the info to support their cause.  Coupled with the fact many people believe they are treated unfairly - for example length of incarceration based on the same charge- the circumstances are ripe for demonstrations.  

Many people on here like to believe they have a 'fuck the government' attitude but almost always rush to defend the governments enforcement agencies - cops and the military.  It's contradictory. 

Edited by SnowRider
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

The simple truth is there are millions of ignorant Americans who are uncomfortable, scared, and unsure of anyone who doesn't look or believe like they do.  Fear is the driver of the ignorance.  It's black people.  It's Muslims.  It's Hispanics.  It's gay people. It's atheists.  The list goes on.  

Remember when gay marriage was becoming legal in a handful of states and the right wingers told us the moral fabric of society, the sanctity of marriage, and our children are all going to be at risk because gay people are getting married..:news:. It's an example of fear and ignorance of the unknown.

The cultural and racial make up of our society is changing and most of it is for the better.  Millions of Muslim, brown, black, gay, non believers,, etc get up and go to work, take care of their families, and volunteer in their communities everyday.  Yet - like it has always been - the focus is on the outliers and those who fit into the preconceived notions and prejudices many people have.  Peaceful protests and demonstrations are as American as Apple Pie and there is absolutely nothing wrong with them.  In fact it's part of our fabric and should be encouraged.  I don't condone violence or looting as demonstrations turn to riots...but I also don't allow my perceptions to be controlled by fear.  

Vinvce made an excellent point about the access to video as more questionable behavior is exposed.  Often times the general population has video evidence of the situation and the local authorities can no longer frame the info to support their cause.  Coupled with the fact many people believe they are treated unfairly - for example length of incarceration based on the same charge- the circumstances are ripe for demonstrations.  

Many people on here like to believe they have a 'fuck the government' attitude but almost always rush to defend the governments enforcement agencies - cops and the military.  It's contradictory. 

Well done.  Do this more.

I like the fact that you actually have a cognitive response on a subject for once, but FFS can you show your blatant bias against white Christians any more bluntly than with your very first sentence.  You're the exact reason why I can't stand the liberal mind. 

Edited by racer254

17 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

When was the last time cops and the military sold us down the road to the Saudis? Passed around confidential info like candy? Give out posh appointments to their cronies based on monetary contributions? 

You cant lump the cops and military in with the legislative and presidential branches like that. I see no contradiction at all. :dunno: 

48 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

then you should be ok with me butt fawking you then!