Check your account email address ×

Trump's bumpstock ban...

Is Trump's Bumpstock Ban Good for Citizens?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Is Trump's Bumpstock Ban Good for Citizens?

2. 2. Is it a violation of the 2nd?

It's just another pick axe swing by The Man to erode away at our rights. Or a political ploy by the administration, so they can claim they have made larger progress on a critical issue to please the majority voters.

27 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

So Trump is officially responsible for more gun control than Obama...

What's the difference? Anyone proficient with a firearm can bump fire w/o the use of this cheesy accessory.

46 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

get rid of those things, surprised it took this long

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, motonoggin said:

honestly there really is no tactical advantage to having an automatic, unless it's like squad assault weapon or something like that.

I think it would be fun at the range once or twice 

Just now, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

:goodpost: now, shut the fuck up before they put their sights on that too!!! :finger:

:lol2: 

Furthermore, the idea that the Vegas shooter was able to shoot more rounds due to his bump stock is laughable. He was less accurate due to it. Bump stock at that range is silly. I could see it in a close range situation where people are packed in like sardines. Even then, shit still shoots fast pulling the trigger one by one.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

I think it would be fun at the range once or twice 

:lol2: 

No doubt

Just now, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

I agree, though it is fun as fuck. What do you have against fun?

Nothing. 

I'm just waiting for the day they ban tannerite

3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Furthermore, the idea that the Vegas shooter was able to shoot more rounds due to his bump stock is laughable. He was less accurate due to it. Bump stock at that range is silly. I could see it in a close range situation where people are packed in like sardines. Even then, shit still shoots fast pulling the trigger one by one.

Think man, you're brighter than that.

fired more than 1,100 rounds from his suite on the 32nd floor of the nearby Mandalay Bay hotel, killing 58 people and leaving 851 injured (

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Las_Vegas_shooting

• Gold Member

It crazy to think rate of fire increasers are legal while a muffler on the end of the barrel takes a bunch of scrutiny.  I don’t like a ban....  but should be put in the same category that suppressors are and require the same scrutiny.

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

It crazy to think rate of fire increasers are legal while a muffler on the end of the barrel takes a bunch of scrutiny.  I don’t like a ban....  but should be put in the same category that suppressors are and require the same scrutiny.

Don't suppressors require an FFL stamp? Isn't that the same FFL stamp that is required to possess and automatic sear?

Or no?

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Think man, you're brighter than that.

Alright, I’m going to have to learn you here. The Vegas shooter shot 1100 rounds because there was no one able to stop him. He had time. The 1100 rounds was a result of opportunity not of rate of fire. Rate of fire, while effective in certain situations and with certain weapons is wholly ineffective with a light barrel weapon at that distance. It degrades the shooter’s ability to accurately control there fire at both point and area targets. While he was able to fire a lot and kill a lot, that was in spite of the fact that he used an improper shooting technique and setup. An AR-15 shot in a controlled manner would have resulted in a much more effective outcome (As sad as that is to say). The bump stock effectively runs rounds up and to the right for a right handed shooter. He was using scopes which would make those scopes unusable at that range. Furthermore, with his time allowed, controlled firing at a sustained rate of fire would have netted him more accuracy. 

I suggest you think. You are brighter than to question my knowledge on this subject as not only a sniper but as an Advanced Rifle Marksman trainer. Please feel free to retract your statement. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

The people should at minimum have the right to the same weapons as local, state and federal law enforcement.   JMHO.  

Trump fucked up here.   He will lose votes over this.  

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Alright, I’m going to have to learn you here. The Vegas shooter shot 1100 rounds because there was no one able to stop him. He had time. The 1100 rounds was a result of opportunity not of rate of fire. Rate of fire, while effective in certain situations and with certain weapons is wholly ineffective with a light barrel weapon at that distance. It degrades the shooter’s ability to accurately control there fire at both point and area targets. While he was able to fire a lot and kill a lot, that was in spite of the fact that he used an improper shooting technique and setup. An AR-15 shot in a controlled manner would have resulted in a much more effective outcome (As sad as that is to say). The bump stock effectively runs rounds up and to the right for a right handed shooter. He was using scopes which would make those scopes unusable at that range. Furthermore, with his time allowed, controlled firing at a sustained rate of fire would have netted him more accuracy. 

I suggest you think. You are brighter than to question my knowledge on this subject as not only a sniper but as an Advanced Rifle Marksman trainer. Please feel free to retract your statement. 

wince:groin:xlt