Check your account email address ×

In case you faggots were wondering...

Anler

1 hour ago, Dave said:

Riding a procross is like riding an 03 to 07 rev imo

Could very well be the placebo pill doing the talking.  Love it when these "Big Guys" think a machine is going to turn them in a sleek aerodynamic high performance death defying phenomenon.  :lol:

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Could very well be the placebo pill doing the talking.  Love it when these "Big Guys" think a machine is going to turn them in a sleek aerodynamic high performance death defying phenomenon.  :lol:

I think those guys choose the Axys.  At least here anyway...OFDA...we saw some big boys out there really putting those things to the test...suspension wise. Usually we'll jump and give chase, but....we let them slide.  :lmao:

I'm no small dude out there either though.  I'm gonna run all of 225-230 geared.  But, I'm built a bit different.  Although....I feel my poor diet is creeping up on me this last year or so.  I gotta back off my chili!  :lmao:

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

My legs are locked in on a procross...

Just now, f7ben said:

I think it's funny that people assume a turbo sled is slower on trails than lighter sleds. They are not....a little bit more effort is required but not much 

i agree the 4s motor doesn't really weigh much more and most can't tell the diff in handling from a full tank of fuel to a almost empty one and that could be 50 lbs or more .

3 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

i agree the 4s motor doesn't really weigh much more and most can't tell the diff in handling from a full tank of fuel to a almost empty one and that could be 50 lbs or more .

They are heavier but its not much of a penalty on decent trails. Off trail they are useless compared to a 2smoke

Just now, f7ben said:

They are heavier but its not much of a penalty on decent trails. Off trail they are useless compared to a 2smoke

really?

Yamaha Viper M-TX Wins at Jackson Hole Hillclimb

Story by Lucas Cooney Mar. 28, 2014

Yamaha-Hill-Climb.jpg

Gavin Balls rode his 2015 Yamaha SR Viper M-TX to victory in the Improved Stock 700 class at the Jackson Hole World Championship Hillclimb.

23 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I think it's funny that people assume a turbo sled is slower on trails than lighter sleds. They are not....a little bit more effort is required but not much 

A little ? :lol:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It's dependent on how and where you ride.  We've NEVER EVER had a turbo PC able to keep up with us.  And they've all been pretty good riders too.  And I think every damn one had some type of go fast mod on it.  Shit!  Do any turbo guys keep them stock?  

It's the wrong tool for the job on the twisties, but I don't wanna get caught entering a lake or long straight with one.

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Agree they are way heavier that just reality unless people are delusional :lol:  I have a 54lb 2stroke twin engine with 148hp including the primary,carbs,cdi. Thats like 1/3 or more of the weight of a 1100turbo engine+battery and xyz fluids to make it go.

I would never say that 4s are "slower" on the trails just more work to throw it around. I would ride one off trail but id make sure i had a big lug track and WFO because getting it stuck would suck.

I just like the more nimble feel of a light sled for the riding i do currently lots of surprises and i like to be able to walk at the end of the day. I dont doubt a turbo trail sled with 200+hp wouldn't be a straight line riot.

2 hours ago, Wildcat said:

Agree they are way heavier that just reality unless people are delusional :lol:  I have a 54lb 2stroke twin engine with 148hp including the primary,carbs,cdi. Thats like 1/3 or more of the weight of a 1100turbo engine+battery and xyz fluids to make it go.

I would never say that 4s are "slower" on the trails just more work to throw it around. I would ride one off trail but id make sure i had a big lug track and WFO because getting it stuck would suck.

I just like the more nimble feel of a light sled for the riding i do currently lots of surprises and i like to be able to walk at the end of the day. I dont doubt a turbo trail sled with 200+hp wouldn't be a straight line riot.

The hyper sleds are more fun to ride in every circumstance on the trail aside from the tightest goat paths.....there is nothing like coming out of a corner at 30 and getting your arms torn out of their sockets and then mashing the breaks so you can get back down below 100 to enter the next corner. 

Honestly ...if you've never ridden a 250+ hp sled you have no idea just how violent and smile inducing they can be :lol:

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The hyper sleds are more fun to ride in every circumstance on the trail aside from the tightest goat paths.....there is nothing like coming out of a corner at 30 and getting your arms torn out of their sockets and then mashing the breaks so you can get back down below 100 to enter the next corner. 

Honestly ...if you've never ridden a 250+ hp sled you have no idea just how violent and smile inducing they can be :lol:

TD tuned procross was fun :bc:  Way too much sled though for around here.... :lol:

6 minutes ago, dz246 said:

TD tuned procross was fun :bc:  Way too much sled though for around here.... :lol:

You don't have to use it all ......all of the time ya know.... :lol: its enough sometimes just to know that you got it if you want it !!!!!!!!

24 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You don't have to use it all ......all of the time ya know.... :lol: its enough sometimes just to know that you got it if you want it !!!!!!!!

Was fun tearing across a field and hoping you got stopped before the fence at the end... :lol: I never got to ride it much so sold it.

Just now, dz246 said:

Was fun tearing across a field and hoping you got stopped before the fence at the end... :lol: I never got to ride it much so sold it.

Its a different way to ride for sure ....all that hp doesnt make the brakes work any better :lol: