Check your account email address ×

Suicide, at 50-year peak, pushes down US life expectancy

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

You saying the article is wrong? :lmao:

Suicide rates are lower in religious countries than in secular ones (1, 2). Some of this difference may be due to underreporting in religious countries because of concerns over stigma (3)

Might want to do a bit more research. In some religious countrues the suicide rate is higher. India for instance. The contributing factors to suicide are well documented. Religion is very low on that list. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Might want to do a bit more research. In some religious countrues the suicide rate is higher. India for instance. The contributing factors to suicide are well documented. Religion is very low on that list. 

That doesn't surprise me, I don't think.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

If you dont want to live I fully support your right to exit stage left. There should be assisted suicide stations on every street corner. Life is not unique or precious. Its not a gift or something to be clung to. Its random and common......if you dont like it why suffer at all. Just get the fuck out

jackkevorkian.jpg_cf.jpg.184fa61f6a80385e9750406ed10a967a.jpg

He tried helping the terminally ill who wanted to end their suffering.  He was charged with 2nd degree murder and got 10-25 years.  He got out in 8.2 years for good behavior and because he was terminally ill himself. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I can't believe Mongo hasn't strangled himself with his own leash by now

That would be auto erotic asphyxiation Crapbox since he's tugging on his Vienna sausage at the same time... :lol:

7 hours ago, f7ben said:

If you dont want to live I fully support your right to exit stage left. There should be assisted suicide stations on every street corner. Life is not unique or precious. Its not a gift or something to be clung to. Its random and common......if you dont like it why suffer at all. Just get the fuck out

X2, eventually all states will allow assisted suicide. I know if I was wasting away from some terribly painful disease with no chance at recovery I'd rather punch my own ticket. :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, GGNHL said:

That would be auto erotic asphyxiation Crapbox since he's tugging on his Vienna sausage at the same time... :lol:

X2, eventually all states will allow assisted suicide. I know if I was wasting away from some terribly painful disease with no chance at recovery I'd rather punch my own ticket. :bc:

x3

12 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

God doesn’t approve. 

Nobody knows that.   Man's interpretation say it and I agree we need to be very strong on the importance of life but take into consideration someone's suffering.  

It also only tells 1/2 a story. Overdoses were also partly responsible for the drop in life expectancy.Between the 2 they lowered the averages. Truth is if you don't OD or eat your gun chances are you will live longer then your folks.

On 11/29/2018 at 9:24 PM, Highmark said:

More doctors telling more people they have mental issues and putting them on meds.  

It’s a wonderful little medicated society we’ve got thriving here, eh?

On 11/29/2018 at 9:49 PM, f7ben said:

One of your better posts.  I still think it’s a selfish action but, meh....I’m tired of the out loud suffering anymore.  Let somebody pull their own damn miserable plug and be gone.  Enough already with the whining.

20 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Suicide is the only way to get your carbon foot print down to zero. 

Clearly you are one that doesn’t give government taxes and fines any chance to succeed in lowering carbon emissions. :lmao:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

It’s a wonderful little medicated society we’ve got thriving here, eh?

One of your better posts.  I still think it’s a selfish action but, meh....I’m tired of the out loud suffering anymore.  Let somebody pull their own damn miserable plug and be gone.  Enough already with the whining.

Clearly you are one that doesn’t give government taxes and fines any chance to succeed in lowering carbon emissions. :lmao:

All of my posts are better