Check your account email address ×

How many miles on 600 e-tech before top end rebuild?

ckf

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

id run a 600 etech to 10k miles without thinking twice,  guessing my 09 had 6-7k on it when i sold it.  didn't think twice about the one i bought for james going over 4k miles on our canada trip last winter.  

I told him I thought they would go 10K without any issues. Thanks :bc:

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I told him I thought they would go 10K without any issues. Thanks :bc:

I sold mine with 6k on it and it ran better than when it was new. Easy to start, easy on gas, great motor.

• Like 1

Well, 600etec is pretty solid but Capt. Obvious tells me it's not just the miles but it's how it was ridden.  I'm of the thinking that once any 2-stroke gets to around 6K...time for a real good exam or really, new slugs anyway.  Dirty zooks I'd still replace at 8k-ish no matter what.  What I'd worry about more with the etecs is the crank run-out.  Mine was within a couple of hairs of being out of spec at close to 5k miles.  These things run dry especially in the earlier models.

Somebody getting 10 or 20k out of a two stroke? Sure.  Granny Hawkins that rides it to church and back every Sunday.  Something is almost guaranteed to fail on them no matter what.  My stator blew out at just over 5k miles and I sold the whole sled for parts.  :lmao:

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Zambroski said:

Well, 600etec is pretty solid but Capt. Obvious tells me it's not just the miles but it's how it was ridden.  I'm of the thinking that once any 2-stroke gets to around 6K...time for a real good exam or really, new slugs anyway.  Dirty zooks I'd still replace at 8k-ish no matter what.  What I'd worry about more with the etecs is the crank run-out.  Mine was within a couple of hairs of being out of spec at close to 5k miles.  These things run dry especially in the earlier models.

Somebody getting 10 or 20k out of a two stroke? Sure.  Granny Hawkins that rides it to church and back every Sunday.  Something is almost guaranteed to fail on them no matter what.  My stator blew out at just over 5k miles and I sold the whole sled for parts.  :lmao:

What about dopey fuckers playing Ricky Racer 30 miles a pop to Culver's!!!!!  😂😂😂😂😂😂

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Basically what I said..!!!

32 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I had around 12K on my 600sdi without any issues. I think @Angry ginger had around 10K on his. Another buddy had 13K on his.  A lot of the guys that had trouble had backed the oil injection off because the were pigs on oil. We left ours alone and spent a few more $$$ a year on oil.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ckf said:

I had around 12K on my 600sdi without any issues. I think @Angry ginger had around 10K on his. Another buddy had 13K on his.  A lot of the guys that had trouble had backed the oil injection off because the were pigs on oil. We left ours alone and spent a few more $$$ a year on oil.

I wonder how much oil I have saved running 4 strokes over the past 13 years.....

Just now, Snake said:

I wonder how much oil I have saved running 4 strokes over the past 13 years.....

Do the math...what did it cost you changing the oil twice a yr on your nytro...

Just now, Snake said:

A lot, lol   My next sled will be a 4 stroke. I think the 900 Ace would work well for where I ride.

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Do the math...what did it cost you changing the oil twice a yr on your nytro...

I think when we used to ride hard we would go through a gallon of Ipone a weekend  $36/gallon at the time. Does that sound about right @Angry ginger

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Alot. These faggot ass Manus are charging up to $50 a gallon for this shit. 

Fact is....if you ride a 600 and your buds all ride 800s and up you will be rebuilding it at a normal 5k mile interval. When you have to ride the fucking thing rung out 100% of the time just to stay near the back of the pack it ain't gonna live long

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

I think when we used to ride hard we would go through a gallon of Ipone a weekend  $36/gallon at the time. Does that sound about right @Angry ginger

The 600 etec is good on oil...its gets thirsty for fuel when ridden harder...