Check your account email address ×

Hurricane Florence...Cat 5

• Platinum Contributing Member

Reports are all over the place.   Last night I heard one report of storm surge of 9-13 feet while another guy was saying 25 ft.   Both destructive but damn big difference in opinions.   This was not for 2 different places but highest storm surge from the storm in any area.  

10 minutes ago, ckf said:

Check this one out. Turn down volume 1st.

This live ocean cam is situated on a former coast guard observation tower on the Outer Banks off the coast of North Carolina.

current screen shot of live video. haha weather channel was just showing this cam live.

image.png

3 hours ago, 2strokemerc said:

Our local weather guy says that most people don't die from the winds. Almost 50% of deaths will be from storm surge and another 30% will be from the rains. This storm is going to linger and bring a lot of rain. 

The flooding has started in NC....this is going to be bad.

Don't bash me, I know I'm a bad person for saying this but, anybody that wakes up and has their morning coffee while overlooking their ocean-view, can suck off. 

They wanna' live the glorious life of an ocean front home, then they can get bent!!! 

NO BASHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So basically, a lot of these places in NC are literally only  10-15 feet above sea level. 

That's almost as fucked as NEW ORLEANS Negroville, which is BELOW SEA LEVEL!!!  

LMAO!!! Imagine living below Lake Pontchartrain and depending on earthen berms to protect you from flooding................WRONG!!

Hey, wanna' live next to the Mississippi Drainage Area, then fuck off when an Asian Carp is in your living room. 

It's already a nightmare in New Bern, NC, and Flo-Jo has just started. 

I get a kick out of some of the fucktards they interviewed that said they were gonna' stay put. Show how fukken tough you are now, assholes!!  

21 hours ago, Highmark said:

Reports are all over the place.   Last night I heard one report of storm surge of 9-13 feet while another guy was saying 25 ft.   Both destructive but damn big difference in opinions.   This was not for 2 different places but highest storm surge from the storm in any area.  

It’s 7-12 feet above the normal high tide. Add the 5 to 15 foot waves on top and you get the surge. 

9 hours ago, F3600 said:

So it’s a Cat 2, certainly not what the tv networks hoped for and the wind damage will be low.  Will the rain estimates pan out or come up short as well?

They have already gotten over 20" in some places.

5 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

I had to laugh, this afternoon there was a reporter on CNN wearing a helmet and life jacket reporting during the storm. Then this.

https://twitter.com/gourdnibler/status/1040678572262916096

Haha.....😂😂😂😆