Check your account email address ×

The NFL is killing itself

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The issue is marketplace demographics. 18-29 year olds aren’t watching the NFL any longer. Only 17% have an interest. Like many things, the country is changing. 

That's fine but it has nothing to do with what is being discussed. 

6 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Flag football is coming back with a vengeance around here. When my boys were younger, it was nowhere to be found. The new program in my area has 40 plus teams. It was real popular when I was a kid. Low investment for the parents, the use a smaller field,much easier to hold practices.

we have a flag program 3-5th grade 6-8th and HS with probably 10-15 teams per age group.  it what made my son love the game,  they lost the championship in 3rd grade with him as the #1 receiver and won it in 4th and 5th grade with him playing qb.   he couldn't wait till 6th grade where his mom said he could play tackle but for lots of kids their parents won't let them make the jump

Maybe it's because it's happened twice to my son i notice it more but for all this concussion talk seems the #1 thing taking quality players out is knee/ACL injuries and nothing is going to take that away.  seems like every other day a top player/prospects going down with a torn up knee

59 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That's fine but it has nothing to do with what is being discussed. 

It’s a good point though.  The emasculation of men has been in the works for a decade now.  Contact and adrenaline sports are being dissuaded at an early childhood level.  And we thought “trophies for everyone!!” was a bad idea.  Ooof!

Buncha fancy pants, sissy boys getting their liberal indoctrination and then set free on society to “run, hide and tell”. 

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It’s a good point though.  The emasculation of men has been in the works for a decade now.  Contact and adrenaline sports are being dissuaded at an early childhood level.  And we thought “trophies for everyone!!” was a bad idea.  Ooof!

Buncha fancy pants, sissy boys getting their liberal indoctrination and then set free on society to “run, hide and tell”. 

No it has to do with players realizing that “walking off” a concussion isn’t such a good thing for their health. Only you can turn something so simple into a bunch of nonsensical blather.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No it has to do with players realizing that “walking off” a concussion isn’t such a good thing for their health. Only you can turn something so simple into a bunch of nonsensical blather.

No. It makes perfect sense.  Walk it off or rub some dirt on in it and get back in the show and collect your multi million dollar paycheck.

PS...nobody want to see you take a knee and cry over false outrage. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No. It makes perfect sense.  Walk it off or rub some dirt on in it and get back in the show and collect your multi million dollar paycheck.

Good god you’re a fuckig idiot.

8 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

I haven't followed football for about 10 years now. We have a super bowl party every year and that's about the only game I watch beginning to end mostly because of all of the pools I'm in. 

The wife has a super bowl party at the house for her staff and family  , I set up  , then clean up . Rather see the people and chat with them than watch the game.

41 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lmao: Fuck you’re an idiot....trainers, coaches, parents, players are all more educated - which is beyond your grasp - and people are cognizant of the long term ramifications.  

Chew on this dumbfuck.... 

5C1A3A18-64AE-4787-8AFE-D0BA93A3ADBE.jpeg

5 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

The wife has a super bowl party at the house for her staff and family  , I set up  , then clean up . Rather see the people and chat with them than watch the game.

Pretty much what we do too. Play party games, chat, drink and eat. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

we have a flag program 3-5th grade 6-8th and HS with probably 10-15 teams per age group.  it what made my son love the game,  they lost the championship in 3rd grade with him as the #1 receiver and won it in 4th and 5th grade with him playing qb.   he couldn't wait till 6th grade where his mom said he could play tackle but for lots of kids their parents won't let them make the jump

Maybe it's because it's happened twice to my son i notice it more but for all this concussion talk seems the #1 thing taking quality players out is knee/ACL injuries and nothing is going to take that away.  seems like every other day a top player/prospects going down with a torn up knee

My youngest son got knocked out three times as QB in 8th grade travel foot ball. His team won in the Midwest and could go to Orlando for the super bowl. I was done at that point, Illinois state law made my son done at that point. Exwife and step Dad wanted him to go to Orlando. His coach and myself put our foot down. He had a great coach and that’s why they won every game.  Coaches and parents with this win at no cost shit is also killing sports!