Check your account email address ×

Finally had the neighbor over for a drink

He's been saying we need to get together for a drink for year since I been here. We chat and nod all the time. I fixed his roof last year.....

Well today I was outside and since I am listing the house next week and might be gone soon I said......."Red , lets have that drink today"

Well ......Red stopped by today at 4pm.....he had told me he likes "Blackheart spiced rum" so I had the old lady pick up a liter

We chatted me and Red and my dad for 2 hours.......we drank a whole liter of that 93 proof rum :lol:

Red is 98 years old and was in WW2 vet and we talked all about that....I have a great respect for the man and my dad and I really enjoyed his company for a couple hours. We walked him home and his wife was pulling up as we got in the yard. I delivered her crocked 98 year old husband back to her with a smile on his face.

My wife also made spaghetti and meatballs and sent a dinner for 2 home to them and made a plate for our neighbor Betty on the other side who is 93

I am going to miss this place

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

Cool of you, and your wife to do. There’s an elderly lady across the street and we always do things for her 

I live in a great neighborhood or super nice people.....the generosity is palpable. People are always sending my daughter home with veggies from their gardens. We do our best to make salsa and send some back or send smoked treats from the grill back but no one expects anything....

What I really value I how my daughter has been treated by the neighbors....they all no her and look out for her. Its a testament to how many good people there are in the world. 

• Like 2

Just now, f7ben said:

I live in a great neighborhood or super nice people.....the generosity is palpable. People are always sending my daughter home with veggies from their gardens. We do our best to make salsa and send some back or send smoked treats from the grill back but no one expects anything....

What I really value I how my daughter has been treated by the neighbors....they all no her and look out for her. Its a testament to how many good people there are in the world. 

The world is a much better place after you turn the tv off 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Are you going to make any money on the home? Job lined up at home?

Well.....I dumped 5g's this week because another house somewhat similar sold for 230k not far from here. I paid 173 and have put 10k in material plus my time in. I am hoping for a sale around 200k. We'll see. I won't lose anything and its been great living here but I dont think I am going to make much

Basically the realtor said I have the nicest house in town that isnt on the lake and that is a tough position to be in . 

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

He's been saying we need to get together for a drink for year since I been here. We chat and nod all the time. I fixed his roof last year.....

Well today I was outside and since I am listing the house next week and might be gone soon I said......."Red , lets have that drink today"

Well ......Red stopped by today at 4pm.....he had told me he likes "Blackheart spiced rum" so I had the old lady pick up a liter

We chatted me and Red and my dad for 2 hours.......we drank a whole liter of that 93 proof rum :lol:

Red is 98 years old and was in WW2 vet and we talked all about that....I have a great respect for the man and my dad and I really enjoyed his company for a couple hours. We walked him home and his wife was pulling up as we got in the yard. I delivered her crocked 98 year old husband back to her with a smile on his face.

My wife also made spaghetti and meatballs and sent a dinner for 2 home to them and made a plate for our neighbor Betty on the other side who is 93

I am going to miss this place

Good post!  :bc:

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

So is this!  :bc:

Imagine not being able to though?  Some here are clearly in a mental collapse.

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well.....I dumped 5g's this week because another house somewhat similar sold for 230k not far from here. I paid 173 and have put 10k in material plus my time in. I am hoping for a sale around 200k. We'll see. I won't lose anything and its been great living here but I dont think I am going to make much

Basically the realtor said I have the nicest house in town that isnt on the lake and that is a tough position to be in . 

Not sure what you mean by “dumped 5gs” if it isn’t on the market yet. You missed prime home selling season, spring, but hopefully you’ll do well. 

Edited by Snoslinger

Just now, Snoslinger said:

Not sure what you mean by “dropped 5gs” if it isn’t on the market yet. You missed prime home selling season, spring, but hopefully you’ll do well. 

I meant I spent 5'gs .......granite tops throughout and new carpet

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

Oh, gotcha. Money well spent 

For sure......I had a guy that owns a shop in Chicago drive all the way over today. 3.5hours for him. Super nice guy.......from Bosnia and came here 26 years ago

He is doing my kitchen , master bath and guest bath upstairs in Uba Tuba with undermount sinks for $2750 installed. 63 sq ft of granite etc. 

Got to talking to him for a while......he has been putting countertops in since he left Bosnia during the war.......he has done well and now runs a charter fishing boat on weekends out of Racine. I love success stories and this guy was one. 

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Likely an illegal :lol:

is there a typo in that price?

No, counter tops are the biggest scam going. That’s a average price around here. People seem to enjoy getting it stuck up their ass when it comes to kitchens.

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

No, counter tops are the biggest scam going. That’s a average price around here. People seem to enjoy getting it stuck up their ass when it comes to kitchens.

It would have been double had I went with a joint here in ft wayne......I knew to shop Chicago and find someone that would work out here 

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Next house will have stainless and concrete in the kitchen....  hate stone countertops....   but that seems like a great price but then 63 sq ft is not alot

My kitchen is pretty small......its the worst part of this house to be honest. If I was going to stay I could easily make it 10ft bigger but fuck that. 

The price is good......and it will help my selling price

35 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I miss that the most. Neighborhoods where everyone knows everyone, and looks out for each other. 

When we moved here we were the youngest couple on the street,  back in the woods .  Time had stood still.  Now all younger people have moved in . Won’t even give you wave as you drive by, turn their back to you. 

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I miss that the most. Neighborhoods where everyone knows everyone, and looks out for each other. 

When we moved here we were the youngest couple on the street,  back in the woods .  Time had stood still.  Now all younger people have moved in . Won’t even give you wave as you drive by, turn their back to you. 

That sucks.......my hood back in MN is great people too. I have never lived in a place where I didnt know most of the people on the block 

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

My kitchen is pretty small......its the worst part of this house to be honest. If I was going to stay I could easily make it 10ft bigger but fuck that. 

The price is good......and it will help my selling price

Oh for sure.. granite is a great selling point....   when we bought our recent house we put a offer in on another house that we liked the floor plan....  it would of had to need $18K in countertops...  wife of the seller had MS and would constantly drop stuff so the had a rubberized countertop that was ass.....

after looking at many houses I fell in love with concrete and stainless. If we stay where we are at my granite is getting ripped out.

35 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Oh for sure.. granite is a great selling point....   when we bought our recent house we put a offer in on another house that we liked the floor plan....  it would of had to need $18K in countertops...  wife of the seller had MS and would constantly drop stuff so the had a rubberized countertop that was ass.....

after looking at many houses I fell in love with concrete and stainless. If we stay where we are at my granite is getting ripped out.

I really like the various looks possible with polished concrete ........I am having undermount stainless in the kitchen and undermount ceramic done in both upper baths here. The new owners are going to be very happy. 

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

That’s why we dropped cable. Fuck tv. Get outside and make or do something. 

• Thanks 1