Check your account email address ×

For the UFO lovers in the crowd.

3 hours ago, BOHICA said:

I fed it...  I dumped my apple harvest salad with vinigarette out in a box from the grocery store for it.  Was by the same place the next day and the salad was gone. Prolly ate by a family of squatch or something.

Probably... :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
56 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

:lmao:Looks like they needed a little attention.  

SETI is kind of like the MMGW research.   Without results there is no funding so sometimes you have to make them up or embellish them.  

Edited by Highmark

On 2016-08-30 at 9:34 PM, SmeeAgain said:

Yes.  My wife and I were driving back from the Detroit area in the evening.  It was a clear night in the winter.  We were traveling North on M53 in my Chevy Avalanche.  I saw what I thought was a falling star out of the corner of my eye to the east.  I watched it go from as far as I could see from the east to as far as I could see to the west.  It was a point of light similar to a bright star.  It appeared to be in the area of 5000 to 10,000 feet high I would say. It took about 3 seconds to traverse the entire sky.  I've seen all kinds of aircraft and have never seen anything that moved even 10% as fast at that did. I sat forward in my seat just to make sure it wasn't some sort of reflection on the windshield - it wasn't.   :bc:

Could have been a satellite. Lately when I leave for work (5am) I take a minute and look up at the sky if it's clear. I usually see at least one every morning.

"Surprisingly there are a large portion of manmade satellites that can be seen with the naked eye. Sightings can number up to a hundred in a single night if you have good viewing conditions.

To identify a satellite you are looking for a star that looks like it is slowly moving across the night sky. On average they are visible for several minutes although some can be present for longer. The important thing to note is that unlike a plane, most satellites do not ‘blink’ or flash (unless they reflect the light of the Sun directly towards Earth, such as an Iridium flare). They remain a steady brightness and follow consistent speed and direction across the sky. Occasionally they can disappear if they move into Earth’s shadow. So next time you find yourself away from a city in a dark rural area, study the sky for these slow moving objects and see how many you can spot."  From this link,

https://www.spaceanswers.com/astronomy/how-many-manmade-satellites-can-you-see-with-the-naked-eye/

1 minute ago, 2strokemerc said:

Could have been a satellite. Lately when I leave for work (5am) I take a minute and look up at the sky if it's clear. I usually see at least one every morning.

"Surprisingly there are a large portion of manmade satellites that can be seen with the naked eye. Sightings can number up to a hundred in a single night if you have good viewing conditions.

To identify a satellite you are looking for a star that looks like it is slowly moving across the night sky. On average they are visible for several minutes although some can be present for longer. The important thing to note is that unlike a plane, most satellites do not ‘blink’ or flash (unless they reflect the light of the Sun directly towards Earth, such as an Iridium flare). They remain a steady brightness and follow consistent speed and direction across the sky. Occasionally they can disappear if they move into Earth’s shadow. So next time you find yourself away from a city in a dark rural area, study the sky for these slow moving objects and see how many you can spot."  From this link,

https://www.spaceanswers.com/astronomy/how-many-manmade-satellites-can-you-see-with-the-naked-eye/

I've seen many satellites and this moved as fast as a falling star.  In fact, I thought it was a falling star when i first saw it coming.  It took 3 to 4 seconds to traverse the entire sky.