Check your account email address ×

No bias here....none at all.

• Platinum Contributing Member
bi·as
ˈbīəs/
noun

1. 1.
    prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.

Resignations, Demotions & Some Details – Complicity at the FBI & DOJ

February 18, 2018 by Jeff Carlson, CFA

Note: A new post – A Listing of Participants – provides a far more comprehensive listing of various players.

This post remains useful in its description of certain individuals – specifically John Carlin & Mary McCord.

There have been numerous resignations and demotions at the FBI and DOJ.

Department of Justice (Non-FBI):

• John Carlin – Assistant Attorney General – Head of DOJ’s National Security Division – announced resignation on September 27, 2016 after filing the Government’s proposed 2016 Section 702 certifications on September 26, 2016. The filing does not disclose known FISA Abuses. Carlin is aware NSA Rogers is conducting a compliance review which will uncover the FISA Abuse. The 2016 certifications are scheduled for Court approval on October 26, 2016. Trump surveillance originated under Carlin’s tenure.
  • Sally Yates – Deputy Attorney General & Acting Attorney General (replacing Loretta Lynch – 10 days) – fired January 30, 2017. Complicit in Flynn Surveillance and surveillance of Trump Campaign.
  • Mary McCord – Acting Assistant Attorney General – Acting Head of DOJ’s National Security Division (replacing John Carlin) – announced resignation on April 17, 2017 – Left on May 11, 2017. Complicit in Flynn Surveillance and surveillance of Trump Campaign.
  • Bruce Ohr – Associate Deputy Attorney General – demoted twice. Stripped of Associate Deputy Attorney General title on December 6, 2017. Removed as head of the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force January 8, 2018. Unofficial liaison between Fusion GPS and FBI/DOJ. Wife worked at Fusion. Long-standing ties to both Christopher Steele and Glenn Simpson/Fusion GPS.
  • David Laufman – DOJ National Security Division, Deputy Asst. Attorney General in charge of counterintelligence – resigned on February 7, 2018. Laufman “played a leading role in the Clinton email server and Russian hacking investigations.”
  • Rachel Brand – Associate Attorney General – number three official behind Deputy AG Rosenstein – resigned February 9, 2018. Takes top legal position at Walmart. Brand “played a critical role in Congress’ re-authorization” of section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

FBI:

• James Comey – FBI Director – fired May 9, 2017. Oversaw all FBI operations – including exoneration of Clinton and Trump-Russia Investigation. Reported to AG Lynch.
  • Peter Strzok – Deputy Assistant Director of FBI’s Counterintelligence – forced off Mueller’s team – demoted August 16, 2017 to FBI’s Human Resources. IG Horowitz discovered texts July 27, 2017. Strzok involved in all facets of Clinton exoneration. Working member of “Insurance Policy” group.
  • Lisa Page – FBI/DOJ Lawyer – forced off Mueller’s team – demoted August 16, 2017 to parts unknown. IG Horowitz discovered texts July 27, 2017. Working member of “Insurance Policy” group.
  • James Baker – FBI General Counsel – demoted and reassigned on December 20, 2017. Working member of “Insurance Policy” group. Senior-most legal counsel at FBI.
  • James Rybicki – Chief of Staff to FBI Director James Comey & successor Chris Wray – resigned/forced out January 23, 2018. Working member of “Insurance Policy” group.
  • Andrew McCabe – Deputy FBI Director – on December 23, 2017 announcedretirement effective March 22, 2018. Forced to resign on January 29, 2018. Involved in all aspects. Reported to Comey.
  • Josh Campbell – Special Assistant to James Comey – resigned on February 2, 2018. Writes op-ed in New York Times on why he is leaving but does not disclose in op-ed that he was Special Assistant to Comey – or that he had been offered lucrative CNN job. Takes job with CNN on February 5, 2018.
  • Michael Kortan – FBI Asst. Director Public Affairs – resigned on February 8, 2018 – effective February 15, 2018. Kortan served as assistant director for public affairs, an influential job that controlled media access.
  • Bill Priestap – Assistant Director – Head of FBI Counterintelligence – Holds same position. Strzok’s boss – reported directly to McCabe.

My listing is not meant to be exhaustive. I’m sure I’ve missed some meaningful former participants. Feel free to post me on any you think noteworthy.

I have not included former Obama officials who are complicit but left their positions on President Trump’s Inauguration (i.e. Loretta Lynch). Nor have I included participants outside the DOJ/FBI.

Watch List:

• David Bowditch (FBI) – expected to replace Andrew McCabe as Deputy FBI Director. Bowditch’s name is featured in emails and Strzok texts.
  • Trisha Anderson (DOJ)  adviser in the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel, was previously an attorney at Attorney General Eric Holder’s former firm, Covington & Burling. Attended two April 25, 2016 White House meetings with FBI Counsel James Baker and several DOJ FISA lawyers  Tashina Guahar, Christopher Hardee, Brad Wiegmann. Anderson’s name appears in Strzok/Page texts.
  • Greg Brower (FBI) – Assistant Director for the Office of Congressional Affairs. FBI’s liaison with Congress. Listed by Devin Nunes as one of the individuals he wants to interview.
  • Sally Moyer (FBI) – Attorney. Listed by Devin Nunes as one of the individuals he wants to interview.
  • Dana Boente (DOJ/FBI) – Acting Head of DOJ’s National Security Division until January 23, 2018 and the US Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia. Replaced Mary McCord. Was briefly Acting Deputy Attorney General until Rosenstein appointed. On January 23, 2018, Boente was named as FBI General Counsel – replacing James Baker who was demoted and reassigned.
  • Edward O’Callaghan (DOJ) – became Acting Assistant Attorney General and Acting Head of DOJ’s National Security Division on January 27, 2018, replacing Dana Boente.
  • https://themarketswork.com/2018/02/18/resignations-demotions-some-details-complicity-at-the-fbi-doj/
Edited by Highmark

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Now you know why Hillary was never investigated for anything

Correct and my point.  Bias can come in the form of helping someone to hurt someone else.  

10 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Now you know why Hillary was never investigated for anything

They don’t call them investigations when Hillary is involved. It’s just a “matter”. :lol: 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Conspiracy!

And then she’s caught red handed and it was all just a big mistake. There was no criminal intent.

Reminds me of the old cheech and Chong bit - My client had merely found these drugs and was on his way to the police station to turn them in!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Edmo said:

And then she’s caught red handed and it was all just a big mistake. There was no criminal intent.

Reminds me of the old cheech and Chong bit - My client had merely found these drugs and was on his way to the police station to turn them in!

I know right. :lol:

Don't kid yourselves it went far beyond protecting Hillary.   If she went down them Obama had to as well.  Sadly this is just a side story.

Most people fail to recognize a large portion of the State Department is in our spy and intelligence network.  Its not like we are going to tell people John and Jane Doe working in the Embassy or Consulate are CIA.  

46 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Don't kid yourselves it went far beyond protecting Hillary.   If she went down them Obama had to as well.  Sadly this is just a side story.

Most people fail to recognize a large portion of the State Department is in our spy and intelligence network.  Its not like we are going to tell people John and Jane Doe working in the Embassy or Consulate are CIA.  

What!! I thought they all were diplomats and support staff. 

46 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It goes far beyond that. Neither Obama or Hillary are the tireless destroyers of America that you all like to think. There is a massive network behind that. Even Hillary cant suicide thousands of govt flunkies. :lol: 

Just now, T1R9sledder said:

What!! I thought they all were diplomats and support staff. 

Yeah and she never sent or received classified information.  :lol:  

58 minutes ago, Highmark said:
bi·as
ˈbīəs/
noun

1. 1.
    prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.

Resignations, Demotions & Some Details – Complicity at the FBI & DOJ

February 18, 2018 by Jeff Carlson, CFA

Note: A new post – A Listing of Participants – provides a far more comprehensive listing of various players.

This post remains useful in its description of certain individuals – specifically John Carlin & Mary McCord.

There have been numerous resignations and demotions at the FBI and DOJ.

Department of Justice (Non-FBI):

• John Carlin – Assistant Attorney General – Head of DOJ’s National Security Division – announced resignation on September 27, 2016 after filing the Government’s proposed 2016 Section 702 certifications on September 26, 2016. The filing does not disclose known FISA Abuses. Carlin is aware NSA Rogers is conducting a compliance review which will uncover the FISA Abuse. The 2016 certifications are scheduled for Court approval on October 26, 2016. Trump surveillance originated under Carlin’s tenure.
  • Sally Yates – Deputy Attorney General & Acting Attorney General (replacing Loretta Lynch – 10 days) – fired January 30, 2017. Complicit in Flynn Surveillance and surveillance of Trump Campaign.
  • Mary McCord – Acting Assistant Attorney General – Acting Head of DOJ’s National Security Division (replacing John Carlin) – announced resignation on April 17, 2017 – Left on May 11, 2017. Complicit in Flynn Surveillance and surveillance of Trump Campaign.
  • Bruce Ohr – Associate Deputy Attorney General – demoted twice. Stripped of Associate Deputy Attorney General title on December 6, 2017. Removed as head of the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force January 8, 2018. Unofficial liaison between Fusion GPS and FBI/DOJ. Wife worked at Fusion. Long-standing ties to both Christopher Steele and Glenn Simpson/Fusion GPS.
  • David Laufman – DOJ National Security Division, Deputy Asst. Attorney General in charge of counterintelligence – resigned on February 7, 2018. Laufman “played a leading role in the Clinton email server and Russian hacking investigations.”
  • Rachel Brand – Associate Attorney General – number three official behind Deputy AG Rosenstein – resigned February 9, 2018. Takes top legal position at Walmart. Brand “played a critical role in Congress’ re-authorization” of section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

FBI:

• James Comey – FBI Director – fired May 9, 2017. Oversaw all FBI operations – including exoneration of Clinton and Trump-Russia Investigation. Reported to AG Lynch.
  • Peter Strzok – Deputy Assistant Director of FBI’s Counterintelligence – forced off Mueller’s team – demoted August 16, 2017 to FBI’s Human Resources. IG Horowitz discovered texts July 27, 2017. Strzok involved in all facets of Clinton exoneration. Working member of “Insurance Policy” group.
  • Lisa Page – FBI/DOJ Lawyer – forced off Mueller’s team – demoted August 16, 2017 to parts unknown. IG Horowitz discovered texts July 27, 2017. Working member of “Insurance Policy” group.
  • James Baker – FBI General Counsel – demoted and reassigned on December 20, 2017. Working member of “Insurance Policy” group. Senior-most legal counsel at FBI.
  • James Rybicki – Chief of Staff to FBI Director James Comey & successor Chris Wray – resigned/forced out January 23, 2018. Working member of “Insurance Policy” group.
  • Andrew McCabe – Deputy FBI Director – on December 23, 2017 announcedretirement effective March 22, 2018. Forced to resign on January 29, 2018. Involved in all aspects. Reported to Comey.
  • Josh Campbell – Special Assistant to James Comey – resigned on February 2, 2018. Writes op-ed in New York Times on why he is leaving but does not disclose in op-ed that he was Special Assistant to Comey – or that he had been offered lucrative CNN job. Takes job with CNN on February 5, 2018.
  • Michael Kortan – FBI Asst. Director Public Affairs – resigned on February 8, 2018 – effective February 15, 2018. Kortan served as assistant director for public affairs, an influential job that controlled media access.
  • Bill Priestap – Assistant Director – Head of FBI Counterintelligence – Holds same position. Strzok’s boss – reported directly to McCabe.

My listing is not meant to be exhaustive. I’m sure I’ve missed some meaningful former participants. Feel free to post me on any you think noteworthy.

I have not included former Obama officials who are complicit but left their positions on President Trump’s Inauguration (i.e. Loretta Lynch). Nor have I included participants outside the DOJ/FBI.

Watch List:

• David Bowditch (FBI) – expected to replace Andrew McCabe as Deputy FBI Director. Bowditch’s name is featured in emails and Strzok texts.
  • Trisha Anderson (DOJ)  adviser in the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel, was previously an attorney at Attorney General Eric Holder’s former firm, Covington & Burling. Attended two April 25, 2016 White House meetings with FBI Counsel James Baker and several DOJ FISA lawyers  Tashina Guahar, Christopher Hardee, Brad Wiegmann. Anderson’s name appears in Strzok/Page texts.
  • Greg Brower (FBI) – Assistant Director for the Office of Congressional Affairs. FBI’s liaison with Congress. Listed by Devin Nunes as one of the individuals he wants to interview.
  • Sally Moyer (FBI) – Attorney. Listed by Devin Nunes as one of the individuals he wants to interview.
  • Dana Boente (DOJ/FBI) – Acting Head of DOJ’s National Security Division until January 23, 2018 and the US Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia. Replaced Mary McCord. Was briefly Acting Deputy Attorney General until Rosenstein appointed. On January 23, 2018, Boente was named as FBI General Counsel – replacing James Baker who was demoted and reassigned.
  • Edward O’Callaghan (DOJ) – became Acting Assistant Attorney General and Acting Head of DOJ’s National Security Division on January 27, 2018, replacing Dana Boente.
  • https://themarketswork.com/2018/02/18/resignations-demotions-some-details-complicity-at-the-fbi-doj/

The Republicans do a shitty job framing things. The Democrats had an entire case built yesterday with pictures of Flynn and others. This was done to frame a narrative. The Republicans needed to build their case the same way. they needed to outline the names above and the case for corruption and show how Stzok was a part of that. They needed to outline how McCabe was fired for leaking, How Comey was fired for Leaking, That Stzok was fired by Mueller and moved to HR. 

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

It goes far beyond that. Neither Obama or Hillary are the tireless destroyers of America that you all like to think. There is a massive network behind that. Even Hillary cant suicide thousands of govt flunkies. :lol: 

Oh no, you don't believe in the deep state do you?  :lol:  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Oh no, you don't believe in the deep state do you?  :lol:  

Its not a deep state its a network. Go to DC sometimes and look at the names on the buildings there. Not the govt buildings, the business names. 

3 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Its not a deep state its a network. Go to DC sometimes and look at the names on the buildings there. Not the govt buildings, the business names. 

Pretty much the same thing.   While some of it is based in ideology mostly its there to protect their income stream......the federal govt.

All you have to do is look at voting records of the DC area to see that something is going on.  

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Pretty much the same thing.   While some of it is based in ideology mostly its there to protect their income stream......the federal govt.

All you have to do is look at voting records of the DC area to see that something is going on.  

Youre not telling me anything.