Check your account email address ×

Great seeing people work hard to do it right and get in

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I'm not but he is using some small family run business in the backwoods of Wisconsin as a basis for making the argument that there are plenty of legal Americans that will do all the snotty work across the whole country.

Who does those jobs now without all the Illegals? Many high school kids are looking for part time/seasonal jobs, we don't need any Illegals to do those jobs, ZERO!

Edited by XCR1250
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well if they are doing it for votes how come Trump won? 

Because he was up against Hillary Clinton

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Seriously...who wants to come to canada though :lol:

Lots.  They don't want to work those shitty jobs for gringos when they can come here and get a lot of free stuff.

5 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Who does those jobs now without all the Illegals? Many high school kids are looking for part time/seasonal jobs, we don't need any Illegals to do those jobs, ZERO!

You have no idea what you are talking about. 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I'm not but he is using some small family run business in the backwoods of Wisconsin as a basis for making the argument that there are plenty of legal Americans that will do all the snotty work across the whole country.

They will if they make decent money, If I need help on a job I pay my friends $20/hr cash,  and still kill it, people that need $5-8/hr employees are only exploiting them. 

• Thanks 1

One article of many that I found in a quick search not to mention the help wanted signs I see everyday. Also every contractor I talk to that can't find workers, etc......

http://www.hollandsentinel.com/news/20180422/west-michigan-construction-companies-feel-worker-shortage

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

They will if they make decent money, If I need help on a job I pay my friends $20/hr cash,  and still kill it, people that need $5-8/hr employees are only exploiting them. 

see, I knew we always worked too cheap!!

I talked to a friend today who makes hay.  He claims he got two 16 year old nephews to help unload this year and bale.  Paid them $20/hour the first day.  Called them a few days later needing help again, and none showed up.  :lol:When I was 16 I did it mostly for 5, but I did a hell of a lot for a simple thanks.  

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

One article of many that I found in a quick search not to mention the help wanted signs I see everyday. Also every contractor I talk to that can't find workers, etc......

http://www.hollandsentinel.com/news/20180422/west-michigan-construction-companies-feel-worker-shortage

Put up a help wanted sign, see what comes and fills it out, at my normal job,..it's a shit show,..had a guy spell his last name 3 different ways, yep, he was already collecting unemployment, another app, name and email address, all that was filled out on a 3pg app, hired 3 different people, they never showed up for the first day of work..

Don't be nieve, once they are on unenjoyment, it's extremely hard to get them off...I see it daily

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It's the same here.  Everyone wants to start at the top.  "What will you do for me" before they even fill out the application.  And the second they're sent for a drug test, only about 20% are still interested.  That's fucking sad.  

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Put up a help wanted sign, see what comes and fills it out, at my normal job,..it's a shit show,..had a guy spell his last name 3 different ways, yep, he was already collecting unemployment, another app, name and email address, all that was filled out on a 3pg app, hired 3 different people, they never showed up for the first day of work..

Don't be nieve, once they are on unenjoyment, it's extremely hard to get them off...I see it daily

That long overdue hiatus of unemployment a few years back really put a stifling on morale.  I fucking knew it would.  You sit around long enough, all you want to do is sit around.

• Like 1

The whole thing is, I bet out of the 14k peeps that were made American citizens today, 2% will struggle to get ahead, the other 98% worked their ass off to get into this country, and will continue to do so to get ahead. 

When you steal something... Citizenship...you tend not to appreciate it as much... Just like anything given, stolen, or handed to someone..rather than busting your ass for it..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, hayward said:

see, I knew we always worked too cheap!!

I talked to a friend today who makes hay.  He claims he got two 16 year old nephews to help unload this year and bale.  Paid them $20/hour the first day.  Called them a few days later needing help again, and none showed up.  :lol:When I was 16 I did it mostly for 5, but I did a hell of a lot for a simple thanks.  

Honest truth here, I worked on 3 Farms while I was in grade school, 50 cents a day for MC Chopper, Sickle  Bar mowing  Raking, and operating a AC pulling a Baler. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Thanks Don....but those people helped to build this country and it’s how our country was founded...by people escaping oppression and poor living conditions.

who also  had to fill out the paperwork and come through the front door 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

so do you think the extremely generous welfare in America has anything to do with why people won't take a job that a iligal will?

It has been hard to find quality guys for a few yrs now . if you do they want 25 bucks and a truck with 3 weeks and insurance.  reality is if they are worth a shit they already work for them self and bill out at 80 to 130 and have no reason to work for some one else 

Edited by Ez ryder

29 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

so do you think the extremely generous welfare in America has anything to do with why people won't take a job that a iligal will?

It has been hard to find quality guys for a few yrs now . if you do they want 25 bucks and a truck with 3 weeks and insurance.  reality is if they are worth a shit they already work for them self and bill out at 80 to 130 and have no reason to work for some one else 

No I don't think that and I always hear that same shit yet nobody ever tells me how much this baller welfare system pays.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No I don't think that and I always hear that same shit yet nobody ever tells me how much this baller welfare system pays.

depends on how many dependents you have .

single mom 3 kids . well section 8 will pay up to 2200 a mo for a 4 bedroom then you also automatically qualify for energy assistance and with that aplianc insurance they offer that most leases require you to carry. then there is the phone and now data that you qualify for .

then there is snap for food up to 1300 a mo for said family.  then there us the public transportation passes you also automatically qualify for .

the medical insurance with zero deductible. 

do the math why take a 12 buck job? 

pretty sure ss disability is also over 2g now and with that you also qualify for most above benys.

good thing is food stamp participants are way down in the last 9 mo with the booming job market . pretty much any one still on the dole is generational shit or a recent pile of shit or ligit disabled at this point 

OK....so reform welfare and hopefully you guys feel better getting that off your chest.  Now since that is going to take some time what’s about the labor shortage now? I mean Dons stories from 60 years ago when he as a lad are cute and all but what about today? 

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

Maine is hardly a bastion of illegals. How do we manage to get the work done here?

I don’t know and I don’t care. Now about the rest of the country and the labor shortage.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I don’t know and I don’t care. Now about the rest of the country and the labor shortage.

I'll tell you how.

When it was potato harvesting time, school let out for 3 weeks and the fucking kids picked potatoes.

"Don't know don't care" = Fuck your example.

Edited by Snake
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

I'll tell you how.

When it was potato harvesting time, school let out for 3 weeks and the fucking kids picked potatoes.

"Don't know don't care" = Fuck your example.

Cool story Uncle Remus....tell me another one! :lol: