Check your account email address ×

What kind doodoo is this

Interesting.  I've never seen that model before.  I did a little research and I can't find anything that looks like that.

If I were to guess I would say a 1975 440 FA of some sort.  

Someone over on the DooTalk vintage page could probably tell us what that is.  

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Interesting.  I've never seen that model before.  I did a little research and I can't find anything that looks like that.

Yeah I haven’t either. It’s definately some kinda 440 free air but I’ve never seen that hood before 

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

Yeah I haven’t either. It’s definately some kinda 440 free air but I’ve never seen that hood before 

77 340 TNT free air complete Junk  :flush:

Edited by Momorider
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Yah it says on the tunnel :dunno:

That was my first clue.  It's impossible to tell by looking at the top of the cylinder heads.  340 and 440 have the same bolt pattern.  

Prolly has a colony of mice living in every orifice of that old girl.  That hood style doesn't look familiar at all to me, but free air tells me she was once in a pretty aggressive state of tune.  Old man back in the day went from a 72 tnt 640 to a 73 TNT FA400, that was so much lighter faster better it wasn't even funny, revolutionary machine for ski doo.   This is my uncle rednecking it down the side of the road on his 74 fa.  Old boy is in his 80s now and still helps my cousin with his asphalt racer vmax4.4876.jpg.7ad0e75dbd25856544761457ef5584eb.jpg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Prolly has a colony of mice living in every orifice of that old girl.  That hood style doesn't look familiar at all to me, but free air tells me she was once in a pretty aggressive state of tune.  Old man back in the day went from a 72 tnt 640 to a 73 TNT FA400, that was so much lighter faster better it wasn't even funny, revolutionary machine for ski doo.   This is my uncle rednecking it down the side of the road on his 74 fa.  Old boy is in his 80s now and still helps my cousin with his asphalt racer vmax4.4876.jpg.7ad0e75dbd25856544761457ef5584eb.jpg

The hood style is definitely from a '77 TNT F/A.  Modified of course but thats what year sled it is. 

I have a '73 TNT F/A 400.  It's incredible how light and fast these sleds are.  The Factory Blizzard versions were even more impressive.  

Pistons for the 400 sure are hard to find.  

Edited by AKIQPilot
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

It’s a 75 440FA. The Everest looked the same but had a fanner with a closed hood.

i has a few 73 and 74 FA’s. 

Edited by Mainecat

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

That was my first clue.  It's impossible to tell by looking at the top of the cylinder heads.  340 and 440 have the same bolt pattern.  

Buddy cut that hood open trying to prevent that POS motor from burning down every time he rode it :guzzle:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

It’s a 75 440FA. The Everest looked the same but had a fanner with a closed hood.

i has a few 73 and 74 FA’s. 

Nope.  Not a '75.  Totally different in so many ways.  

43 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The hood style is definitely from a '77 TNT F/A.  Modified of course but thats what year sled it is. 

I have a '73 TNT F/A 400.  It's incredible how light and fast these sleds are.  The Factory Blizzard versions were even more impressive.  

Pistons for the 400 sure are hard to find.  

Nice.  Now you need a 3 cylinder Yam to fill out your collection.