Check your account email address ×

Pain in my neck

No I'm not talking about @DAVE . I woke up with a stiff neck yesterday and it just seems to be getting worse instead of better. Anyone have any tips as far as neck exercises?  Heat or ice?

• Platinum Contributing Member

3 ibuprofen, 4 hours later take 2 more,..everyone body is different, my body does not respond well to heat, makes it worse, cold packs work for me, freeze a water bottle, have the wife roll it on the muscle

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

3 ibuprofen, 4 hours later take 2 more,..everyone body is different, my body does not respond well to heat, makes it worse, cold packs work for me, freeze a water bottle, have the wife roll it on the muscle

I took 2 Aleve already. They definitely helped dull some of the pain :thumb:

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I took 2 Aleve already. They definitely helped dull some of the pain :thumb:

My chiropractor has this little magic machine he hooks up probes and pulses electricity to the area you’re having a problem with. Stimulation therapy. They sell small units at the drug store as well you can hang on your belt. My back gets messed up and that treatment gets me back to normal every time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

No I'm not talking about @DAVE . I woke up with a stiff neck yesterday and it just seems to be getting worse instead of better. Anyone have any tips as far as neck exercises?  Heat or ice?

:lol:

Try inversion.

Worked for me a few years ago when I got injured playing rugby.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Oh man I feel your pain....been happening to me more and more....usually pop some ibuprofen and hope it goes away. 

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Try reverse sear.

:lol:

Sounds like a pinched nerve.  Try lying on the floor with a small pillow under your neck that will extend the spinal column.  

Dr. Zambro Van Helsing. :lol:

IMG_4079.thumb.JPG.5174da01016d1687c3440702d6bad8af.JPG

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Yep. Just went through it 2 weeks ago. Took a week for it to feel better. Like most have said ibuprofen works best. Fuck it hurt bad.

12 minutes ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

One of my favorite movies. Classic 

It really is.....awesome cast. 😂

Stupid shit like this just cracks me up. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

My chiropractor has this little magic machine he hooks up probes and pulses electricity to the area you’re having a problem with. Stimulation therapy. They sell small units at the drug store as well you can hang on your belt. My back gets messed up and that treatment gets me back to normal every time.

I bought the wife one of those Dr Ho machines for xmas one year . She uses it for everything from migraines to pulled or twisted muscles.  I tried it on my ankle after I buggerd it up, worked awesome 

1 minute ago, xcr700 said:

I bought the wife one of those Dr Ho machines for xmas one year . She uses it for everything from migraines to pulled or twisted muscles.  I tried it on my ankle after I buggerd it up, worked awesome 

There is so much I could say but I'm a gentleman. 😂

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It really is.....awesome cast. 😂

Stupid shit like this just cracks me up. 

Right there with you. Stroker Ace is another one of my favs as well as Smokey and the bandit.

1 minute ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

Right there with you. Stroker Ace is another one of my favs as well as Smokey and the bandit.

Smokey and The Bandit is in my Top 5 all time.:thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Smokey and The Bandit is in my Top 5 all time.:thumbsup:

I only liked the first one . Totally awesome.   Then I saw the other movie where they had to move an elephant or some shit  ,and they were using an 80 trans am or something like that.  What a pos movie 

Edited by xcr700