Check your account email address ×

Trump floats Obama-like deportation plan, and his fans don't mind

Trump following Barack's lead, but is it too late?

Trump floats Obama-like deportation plan, and his fans don't mind

WASHINGTON _ Donald Trump is backing away from his call for mass deportations of undocumented immigrants, and even some of his rally-going supporters say they're fine with it.

If he wins the November election, the Republican presidential nominee said Monday, he would do "the same thing" as President Barack Obama in prioritizing the removal of criminals residing in the U.S. illegally, but " perhaps with a lot more energy."

Trump appears to be heeding allies' long-standing advice to soften his stance on deportations, which they worry is toxic to Hispanic voters, now that he faces Democrat Hillary Clinton _ and troubling poll numbers _ in a general election fewer than 80 days away.

His move raised the hackles of some conservatives who see it as a step toward amnesty, but it's not clear his bid to broaden support will cost him many core supporters.

"We're going to obey the existing laws. Now, the existing laws are very strong," Trump said on Fox News. "The first thing we're going to do, if and when I win, is we're going to get rid of all of the bad ones. We've got gang members, we have killers, we have a lot of bad people that have to get out of this country."

"As far as everybody else, we're going to go through the process, " he said. "What people don't know is that Obama got tremendous numbers of people out of the country, Bush the same thing. Lots of people were brought out of the country with the existing laws. Well, I'm going to do the same thing."

Obama has deported more people than any prior U.S. president, leading one immigrant rights advocate to label him the "deporter in chief." In 2014, Obama announced executive actions to direct resources to deporting felons, terrorism suspects and new border crossers, while going easier on undocumented people who have lived in the U.S. for years and aren't committing crimes inside the country. (The other part of Obama's plan, work permits for young people and parents of U.S. citizens, has been blocked by the courts.)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-floats-obama-like-deportation-plan-and-his-fans-dont-mind/ar-BBvYujx

• Like 1

Is it too late for what?  Garner his share of the Mexican voters?  He was never going to get those in any real numbers anyway.  Same as negroes.  Very little.  Dems can now, more than ever, count on Blacks, Hispanics, Muslims and unions voting Dem for a long, long time.  The liberal form of thinking works better for their overall lifestyles.  Will it help them long term is the question.  

Oh..."fans".  :lol:

Edited by Zambroski

48 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Is it too late for what?  Garner his share of the Mexican voters?  He was never going to get those in any real numbers anyway.  Same as negroes.  Very little.  Dems can now, more than ever, count on Blacks, Hispanics, Muslims and unions voting Dem for a long, long time.  The liberal form of thinking works better for their overall lifestyles.  Will it help them long term is the question.  

Oh..."fans".  :lol:

He seems very concerned about getting the minority vote now, I'm sure you know that the Republican Party did a study after the 2012 election in which they determined that they would need 44% of the Hispanic vote to win the WH :news:

Inside Donald Trump’s new strategy to counter the view of many that he is ‘racist’

Donald Trump is rapidly trying to turn around his presidential campaign with a vigorous and at times strained effort to shed a label applied to him by a substantial portion of the electorate: racist.

Guided by his new campaign leadership, the Republican nominee has ordered a full-fledged strategy to court black and Latino voters and is mobilizing scores of minority figures to advocate publicly for his candidacy.

Trump is planning trips to urban areas — with stops at churches, charter schools and small businesses in black and Latino communities — and is developing an empowerment agenda based on the economy and education, aides said. Under consideration is an early September visit to Detroit, where retired neurosurgeon and former Republican primary rival Ben Carson would guide him on a tour of the impoverished neighborhoods where he grew up.

Trump’s team also hopes to exploit what the campaign’s internal poll of black voters nationally shows to be a potential vulnerability for Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton once voters are informed of the crime policy record of former president Bill Clinton, according to two Trump associates.

At his rallies, meanwhile, Trump has been spotlighting black supporters and making a blunt pitch to minorities. He has described blacks in sweeping and categorical language, suggesting that they are mired in poverty, living in dangerous neighborhoods and have nothing to lose by giving him a chance. He also has changed his tone on immigration by saying he would swiftly deport “the bad ones” living in the country illegally but would use the existing legal process for others — after vowing for more than a year that he would deport them all.

Asked Tuesday whether he might change his hard-line deportation policy to accommodate immigrants who contribute positively to society, Trump told Fox News Channel anchor Sean Hannity, “There certainly can be a softening because we’re not looking to hurt people.”

For Trump, the objective is twofold, according to his aides and allies. He wants to make inroads with minority voters, who polls show overwhelmingly support Clinton. He also believes that a more measured approach on race can convince white voters now shunning him — especially women — that he is not the racist that his inflammatory rhetoric might indicate.

“What you’re seeing here is the real Donald Trump: Somebody who wants to make sure that his record of inclusion, his views on keeping all Americans safe, on improving the economy of all Americans comes across,” said Jason Miller, Trump’s senior communications adviser. “It’s very much something that he believes in personally and he wants to make sure that folks realize that he will be an inclusive president for all Americans.”

The challenge for Trump is daunting. Sixty-five percent of all American adults believe the word “racist” applies to Trump at least slightly well, and 35 percent say it applies very well, according to an Associated Press-GfK Knowledge Networks poll in July. A Washington Post-ABC News poll this month found that 56 percent of all American adults believe Trump is biased against women and minorities.

Clinton led Trump by 91 percent to 3 percent among blacks and 70 percent to 25 percent among Hispanics in an average of July and August Post-ABC polls.

“After 15 months of denigrating every nonwhite minority in sight, it’s hard to believe that he can actually do significantly better among nonwhites,” Republican pollster Whit Ayres said. “But he may be able to soften his image a bit with some Republican and maybe a few independent whites who have been put off by his harshness thus far.”

The rest of the story:  http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/inside-donald-trump’s-new-strategy-to-counter-the-view-of-many-that-he-is-‘racist’/ar-BBvYl8o

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

He seems very concerned about getting the minority vote now, I'm sure you know that the Republican Party did a study after the 2012 election in which they determined that they would need 44% of the Hispanic vote to win the WH :news:

No, I didn't know that, but could figure as much because I already know that the disenfranchised majority already run the country through our "democracy".  Doesn't really matter much to me anymore if we just want to be a "service industry only" country.  However, it would be nice to keep at least a few things made in the US.  And jobs are a nice perk too for some.

International Business and language majors will be the new college "go to" degrees.  Oh well.  And I told my daughter to learn and become fluent in Mandarin instead of Spanish. Now I'm second guessing my advice.:lol: I guess either would work in the future though.

31 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No, I didn't know that, but could figure as much because I already know that the disenfranchised majority already run the country through our "democracy".  Doesn't really matter much to me anymore if we just want to be a "service industry only" country.  However, it would be nice to keep at least a few things made in the US.  And jobs are a nice perk too for some.

International Business and language majors will be the new college "go to" degrees.  Oh well.  And I told my daughter to learn and become fluent in Mandarin instead of Spanish. Now I'm second guessing my advice.:lol: I guess either would work in the future though.

This is a good read, and I will tell that in the not to distant future that we will cripple sections of China's manufacturing as we are designing and building robotics that will replace what China is doing with humans.

Automation has been huge in shrinking manufacturing jobs and will continue to be for as far out as you can look.

Think nothing is made in America? Output has doubled in three decades

Published: Mar 28, 2016 3:50 p.m. ET

The U.S. manufacturing sector doesn’t get any respect.

Ask a random sample of people on the street and you’re likely to hear that America doesn’t make anything anymore, that China, Mexico and Vietnam took all of our factories, and that the only jobs left in America are flipping burgers and cleaning hotel rooms.

“Throughout history, at the center of any thriving country has been a thriving manufacturing sector,” says presidential candidate Donald Trump. “But under decades of failed leadership, the United States has gone from being the globe’s manufacturing powerhouse — the envy of the world — through a rapid deindustrialization.”

Also read: The one thing Donald Trump gets right

As with all myths, there’s some element of truth in what everyone says.

The number of jobs in the manufacturing sector has declined by about 5 millionsince 2000, falling from 17.3 million at the turn of the century to 12.3 million in 2015.

During World War II, when America was the Arsenal of Democracy, manufacturing provided more than a third of civilian jobs in the U.S., but that share has declined to only 8.7% in 2015. Only one of every 11 jobs is in a factory. Retail, health care, professional and business services, and leisure and hospitality services now employ more workers than manufacturing does.

The decline in manufacturing jobs certainly makes it seem as if America has been deindustrialized, but it’s not so. America still makes lots of stuff, but the number of jobs has shrunk because it doesn’t take nearly as many workers as it used to.

Here are four surprising facts about American manufacturing you may not know.

MW-EI736_gross__20160325123438_MG.jpg?uuid=7766853e-f2a7-11e5-8930-0015c588dfa6

Surprising Fact No. 1: Manufacturing is the largest and most dynamic sector of the U.S. economy.

China became the leading manufacturing economy in the world in 2010, but the United States maintains a strong second-place standing. The value added by U.S. factories is more than $2 trillion a year, equal to the next three countries (Japan, Germany and South Korea) combined. U.S. manufacturing is still the envy of the world.

Gross output of U.S. manufacturing industries — counting products produced for final use as well as those used as intermediate inputs — totaled $6.2 trillion in 2015, about 36% of U.S. gross domestic product, nearly double the output of any of the other big sectors: professional and business services, government and real estate.

Manufacturing is at the center of the economy; it’s highly connected with most other sectors, such as transportation, retail, mining, utilities and business services.

Manufacturing companies also account for about 77% of what the private sector spends on research and development each year. If it weren’t for manufacturing, there would be very little innovation in the United States.

MW-EI733_output_20160325121729_MG.jpg?uuid=12753a28-f2a5-11e5-908d-0015c588dfa6

Surprising Fact No. 2: Manufacturing output is a near a record high.

Technology and new ways of organizing work have revolutionized the American factory since the Golden Age of the 1980s. Today, U.S. factories produce twice as much stuff as they did in 1984, but with one-third fewer workers.

Total production of U.S. factories peaked in 2007 before falling by 18% during the Great Recession, according to the Federal Reserve’s industrial production report, which measures the volume of goods produced rather than the market value of those goods. The manufacturing sector has nearly recovered from the recession; output in 2015 was within 3% of the 2007 level.

But factory output has now stalled, with a strong dollar boosting demand for foreign-made goods at the expense of things made in the USA. It may take a few more years of growth to beat that record.

The output of durable goods was at an all-time high in 2015, more than triple what it was in 1980 and double what it was 20 years earlier. The production of electronics, aerospace goods, motor vehicles and machinery are at or close to all-time highs.

On the other hand, the production of nondurable goods is still down 7% from the peak. The output of the food and petroleum industries are at record highs, but the output of the chemicals, paper and printing industries are all off significantly from the pre-recession peak.

And, of course, other industries have nearly disappeared. The output of the apparel industries is down more than 80% since the heydays in the 1980s, while the output of textile mills is down about 50% since 2000. Those are the factories and jobs that are really gone for good.

MW-EI737_gasoli_20160325124500_MG.jpg?uuid=ea4a873e-f2a8-11e5-9bc4-0015c588dfa6

Surprising Fact No. 3: Refined oil is America’s top manufactured good.

Most Americans use something every day that’s made in America without ever thinking about where it’s made: gasoline.

The crude oil may come from Canada, Saudi Arabia or North Dakota, but it’s refined right here in America.

Refined petroleum products — such as gasoline, fuel oil, jet fuel and liquefied refinery gases — are America’s top manufactured product, with a value of shipments going out the factory door of nearly $700 billion in 2014, more than four times as much as the No. 2 product: light trucks.

America’s other top manufactured products are pharmaceuticals, airplanes and automobiles. Rounding out the top 10 are iron and steel, animal slaughtering, plastics, organic chemicals and petrochemicals.

MW-EI734_boeing_20160325122359_MG.jpg?uuid=fafa051c-f2a5-11e5-8782-0015c588dfa6

Surprising Fact No. 4: America also exports a lot of gasoline.

Despite what the haters say, the U.S. exports a lot of manufactured goods: $1.3 trillion worth in 2015. Last year, the leading exported manufactured good was civilian airplanes worth $63 billion, followed by auto parts ($58 billion), pharmaceuticals ($55 billion), autos ($55 billion), and gasoline, diesel and other refined oil distillates ($46 billion).

Other top exports include semiconductors, telecommunications equipment, medical equipment, plastics and airplane engines.

In 2014, before the price of gasoline tumbled along with the price of crude oil,refined oil was America’s biggest exported good, worth $62 billion.

Conclusion

American manufacturing isn’t dead by any means. But the loss of good-paying manufacturing jobs has devastated the working class, and made reaching the American dream more difficult. Technological advancements and the rise of low-skilled manufacturing in China and other developing nations mean that fewer Americans work in factories, just as technological advancements 100 years ago meant that fewer Americans worked on farms.

Most Americans now work in service-producing industries, where inequalities in opportunities, skills and incomes are more apparent. Recreating an economy that provides equitable growth won’t be easy, especially if we pine for the good old days when a third of us worked at the factory.

Those days are gone for good, even if U.S. factories still churn out lots of items that are Made in the USA.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-manufacturing-dead-output-has-doubled-in-three-decades-2016-03-28

Edited by Mileage Psycho

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

This is a good read, and I will tell that in the not to distant future that we will cripple sections of China's manufacturing as we are designing and building robotics that will replace what China is doing humans.

Automation has been huge in shrinking manufacturing jobs and will continue to be for as far out as you can look.

Agreed.  However, what China is doing with humans is what we should be doing (well, you know the difference of course); putting them to work.  Automation manufacturing is what started the disappearance of our manufacturing jobs.  Not saying it wasn't a good call getting rid of the human element as far as quality, dependability and of course union crap, but it hardly puts working asses in the seats.  Going back to my point about service.  Robotics and automation need advanced service technicians.  I can for see a big jump toward tech colleges again.  And rightfully so....I think we've got enough business degreed "managers" looking for work already.  Human resources departments are just plain underwater trying to sort though these fucking resumes.  At one point, our team just started to throw them out (delete them) by the hundreds.  Enough already with the "looking for a entry or mid level management position where I can grow my dynamic, highly motivated, self starting and highly refined mentoring and leadership skills."   ...........................worked at Applebee's on Saturday while working on his 6 year system of attaining a B.S. degree on mom and dads dime.

:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member

The "deportations" deception.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2014/04/21/lies-damned-lies-and-obamas-deportation-statistics/

Somehow, the Obama administration is simultaneously responsible for the highest rate of deportation in 20 years and a 26 percent drop in deportation. What is going on here? As it turns out, changes in immigration law, terminology and classification are causing this confusion.

One problem is the continued use of “deportation” in virtually all media reporting. In actuality, that category has been obsolete in immigration law since 1996. Prior to 1996, immigration law distinguished between immigrants who were “excluded,” or stopped and prevented from entering U.S. territory, and those who were “deported,” or expelled from the United States after they had made their way into U.S. territory. After 1996, both exclusion and deportation were rolled into one procedure called “removal.” At that point, the term “deportation” no longer had any meaning within the official immigration statistics. Its continued use in media reports is part of the confusion.

The large number of immigrants who are apprehended, usually but not exclusively along the southwestern border, and prevented from entering the country were part of a category called “voluntary departure” before 2006. Now that is called “return,” which also includes the subcategory of  “reinstatement.”  There is also a large category of “expedited removals” of persons that do not appear before an immigration judge but the procedure carries all the sanctions as a judge ordered removal.

These would-be immigrants accept this sanction that forgoes a court appearance before an immigration judge because formal removal — in which the U.S. government runs them through legal proceedings and pays for their return to their home country — would result in a multi-year bar (five to 20 years) on their eligibility to legally reenter the United States. Critics deride this policy “as catch and release.” The consequences of a return are much less harsh than a formal removal because the returned immigrant could come back legally, and presumably illegally, at any time.

Thus, comparing the deportation statistics across different presidential administrations is dicey because it is unclear what categories of people are actually being counted and categorized. Moreover, different administrations choose to emphasize different statistics. Dara Lind notes that the Bush administration seems to have reported removals and returns together, but Obama’s administration has emphasized only its number of removals.

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Momo the FSCE leader of the Trump followers :bc: 

You are the default leader of the DemonCUNT ball lickers since Taintrider go banned you penis headed socialist dago sack of steaming shit :bigfinger:

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, Rw06GT said:

Kinda like his unemployment numbers. Only complete morons take them at face value.

Bingo!

6 hours ago, Rw06GT said:

Kinda like his unemployment numbers. Only complete morons take them at face value.

6 hours ago, Highmark said:

Bingo!

5 hours ago, Capt.Storm said:

smoke and mirrors to make the numbers say what you want them to say...yep.

I have to tell you guys, Momo is your leader :lol: 

7 hours ago, Momorider said:

You are the default leader of the DemonCUNT ball lickers since Taintrider go banned you penis headed socialist dago sack of steaming shit :bigfinger:

Huh,    sr is banned? 

2 hours ago, Cold War said:

Huh,    sr is banned? 

No.his posting privileges were suspended for 72 hrs for a comment he made about Momo's wife. That expired earlier this evening :bc: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

No.his posting privileges were suspended for 72 hrs for a comment he made about Momo's wife. That expired earlier this evening :bc: 

:bc:

Seemed a little quiet.

I don't bother with the momo is a liar threads, wasn't sure if I missed something.

20 minutes ago, ckf said:

Wow that was quick hopefully he stayed the fuck away :nuts: 

25 minutes ago, ckf said:

I missed it but good .   I stopped reading SR's posts quite awhile ago but from what I remember he was pretty respectful about that shit unless someone came at him with something similar first  :dunno:

Just now, Sal Rosenberg said:

I missed it but good .   I stopped reading SR's posts quite awhile ago but from what I remember he was pretty respectful about that shit unless someone came at him with something similar first  :dunno:

The only reason I noticed it was because Momo reported it :dunno:

27 minutes ago, ckf said:

Probably a shit ton of broken light bulbs.