Check your account email address ×

The Oil Giant That Outsmarted Trudeau

2 minutes ago, Momorider said:

:lies: complete :bullshit:

Unemployment-Rate-Change2.png

• The economy gained a net 11.6 million jobs. The unemployment rate dropped to below the historical norm.
  • Average weekly earnings for all workers were up 4.0 percent after inflation. The gain was 3.7 percent for just production and nonsupervisory employees.
  • After-tax corporate profits also set records, as did stock prices. The S&P 500 index rose 166 percent.
  • The number of people lacking health insurance dropped by 15 million. Premiums rose, but more slowly than before.
  • The federal debt owed to the public rose 128 percent. Deficits were rising as Obama departed.
  • Home prices rose 20 percent. But the home ownership rate hit the lowest point in half a century.
  • Illegal immigration declined: The Border Patrol caught 35 percent fewer people trying to get into the U.S. from Mexico.
  • Wind and solar power increased 369 percent. Coal production declined 38 percent. Carbon emissions from burning fossil fuel dropped 11 percent.
  • Production of handguns rose 192 percent, to a record level.
  • The murder rate dropped to the lowest on record in 2014, then rose and finished at about the same rate as when Obama took office

1. Stephen Harper has steered Canada’s economy to its lowest levels of growth in 69 years

With an average annual real GDP growth rate of 1.6%, under Stephen Harper’s tenure the Canadian economy grew by nearly half the rate it did for his predecessors in the decade before he took office. It was nearly three times worse than Canada’s growth rate during the 1950s and 1960s.

36 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Don’t let F7ben anywhere near that.  He’ll light himself up like the 4th of July.

Good you’re doing well.

:bc:

" AHHGGRRR , SOMEBODY FUCKED THIS ALL UP , LET ME SHOW YOU HOW TO FIX THIS SHI"   ....ZZZZZAAAAPPPPP!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol:  the economy was growing a year before Trump was elected :lol:  

but go with TAX breaks created this :lol: 

FACT is you are doing well THANKS TRUDEAU :lol: You never did this well under Harper did you :lol:

so sad 

not even close to the pace it us now . business knew oboma was out they knew the R would keep control of the house .only unknown was if it would be Hillary or some one else.  every one knew Hillary could be bought of and would be .so invest .as soon as Trump was elected owners knew it was hot to hit the gas and go full speed and make it when you can . Canada is deff seeing residuals from that foolish to think otherwise 

3 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Harper unlike Obama posted the worst numbers on all accounts in 100 years, while Obama posted the best numbers in 1/2 century 

Funny how it works 

Trumpster logic: 8 years of Clinton’s great economic gains has nothing to do with Clinton, Bush crashing the economy after 8 years was all Clinton’s fault. The economy recovering over 8 years with Obama was because of Bush.  6 Months into Trump’s term:  all gains are because of Trump, debt doesn’t matter.

2 years into Trudeau’s term. “A roaring economy and low unemployment rate has nothing to do with him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

Trumpster logic: 8 years of Clinton’s great economic gains has nothing to do with Clinton, Bush crashing the economy after 8 years was all Clinton’s fault. The economy recovering over 8 years with Obama was because of Bush.  6 Months into Trump’s term:  all gains are because of Trump, debt doesn’t matter.

2 years into Trudeau’s term. “A roaring economy and low unemployment rate has nothing to do with him.

Spot on , stupid . :bc:

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

not even close to the pace it us now . business knew oboma was out they knew the R would keep control of the house .only unknown was if it would be Hillary or some one else.  every one knew Hillary could be bought of and would be .so invest .as soon as Trump was elected owners knew it was hot to hit the gas and go full speed and make it when you can . Canada is deff seeing residuals from that foolish to think otherwise 

I rather think Governments have little to do with it, if so why does the economy almost always crash under Republican's :dunno:  and Thrive under Democrats - going by historical numbers.

Your Economy was on fire long before Trump was elected, he is enjoying the ride, and when the Economy Crashes (soon) it will be Obama's fault at that point 

Canada has record numbers right now so not sure what the comment was about

3 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

wow - our dollar at time of election was 68 cents it rose to 80 within the first year of Trudeau 

worst PM in History as the numbers don't lie 

If you are going to hate please get the fact correct 

Arctic Trumpster can't make up his mind.  When it was $1.35 he complained that it would cost $1.40 CDN for a US dollar and it would be all Trudeau's fault. When it went the other way and only cost $1.25 for a US dollar after Trump, he flip flopped and claimed that it was a sign Trump was doing a good job.  

3 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I rather think Governments have little to do with it, if so why does the economy almost always crash under Republican's :dunno:  and Thrive under Democrats - going by historical numbers.

Your Economy was on fire long before Trump was elected, he is enjoying the ride, and when the Economy Crashes (soon) it will be Obama's fault at that point 

on fire lol  I think not . it was doing ok despite king Baracks best efforts to fuck small business and big business    

6 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Wynne has done a shitty job of running Ontario. Her latest employment rules are completely fucked.

Everyone said there would be huge unemployment when they raised minimum wage.

We have been trying to hire people for over a month. No luck.  

Two years ago I had 50 applications for one job. Now I have 3 shitty applicants for 2 jobs. 

We pay well above minimum wage plus profit sharing and benefits.

For the first time ever we are considering cutting summer vacation short in order to keep up.

Our new business venture is offering 18-$20.00 per hour for summer hires and pickings are slim.

Granted we want specialized skills but I'm shocked.  (Not F7Ben licking live wire shocked, but surprised)

4 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Wynne has done a shitty job of running Ontario. Her latest employment rules are completely fucked.

Two years ago I had 50 applications for one job. Now I have 3 shitty applicants for 2 jobs. 

For the first time ever we are considering cutting summer vacation short in order to keep up.

Our new business venture is offering 18-$20.00 per hour for summer hires and pickings are slim.

Granted we want specialized skills but I'm shocked.  (Not F7Ben licking live wire shocked, but surprised)

What is well above min wage?

We hire new elec engineering grads and they make nothing for us for the first two years.

Try that for size.

43 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

on fire lol  I think not . it was doing ok despite king Baracks best efforts to fuck small business and big business    

Unemployment went from 10.1% down to 5.4% in 8 years, sounds booming to me. 

I was always surprised at how high US business tax rate was and that gift hasn't even kicked in yet :lol: Don is like Santa 

45 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

nice going

tough when things are good in Ontario :lol:  Don't worry Doug is going to get this stale economy rolling 

3 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

nice going

tough when things are good in Ontario :lol:  Don't worry Doug is going to get this stale economy rolling 

Doug just got sued for 16 million by Rob’s widow and kids.

:lol: