Check your account email address ×

Weekend thread!!!!!!!!!!!!11

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Not always.  Know what you are talking about as far as value, new tires , brakes, suspension work recently done. 

Remmber they are not doing you a favor, you paid for coverage.  Personally, I wouldn’t  of let them take  vehicle. They can send  truck , they can send adjuster.

You shouldn’t see additional expenses. Why you go to reputable independent shop. Not where your insurance company wants you to go. 

I'm going to call them...I just went with what they were telling me.

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Not always.  Know what you are talking about as far as value, new tires , brakes, suspension work recently done. 

Remmber they are not doing you a favor, you paid for coverage.  Personally, I wouldn’t  of let them take  vehicle. They can send  truck , they can send adjuster.

You shouldn’t see additional expenses. Why you go to reputable independent shop. Not where your insurance company wants you to go. 

MN allows to take vehicle anywhere.  The truck they "totalled" of mine years ago, they just made me a settlement offer that was worth it.  I don't want to drive wrecked shit.  Even gave me extra for the tires (duratracs) and other upgrades.  

My current truck I took to a friends shop after I hosed a deer at 60 mph and it bounced down the side.  Over 9k in damages...insurance paid for it all to be fixed PLUS the additional grand or so that was "undescovered" when tearing it apart.  I thought they may total it.  The metric the insurance companies use must be pretty interesting.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I totaled a car about ten years ago. They low balled me so we got to negotiating. I did OK in the end. Might be different in Michigan.

35 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Kind of what I was thinking after reading here and next door....if not they  have to haul it back here to be repaired. Never totaled a vehicle so what I can expect from State Farm....lowball bullshit? 

As always, depends on the company.

I never totaled one, but I have daughters.

Had an 07 Murano she put into a telephone pole. Not only was it totaled quickly, the payout was literally $1,000 less than we paid for it 2 years prior. Then she rolled her Altima, same deal..... paid very well.

That's USAA.

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

👍

State Farm is a big company. They can be hard to deal with. Just had a customer where they wanted to tow his vehicle away to “adjust “ . He told them no , car isn’t going anywhere.  He was able to work out a decent deal with them after we got involved. I feel like you put yourself at a dis advantage when they have your car. 

Edited by Cold War

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

MN allows to take vehicle anywhere.  The truck they "totalled" of mine years ago, they just made me a settlement offer that was worth it.  I don't want to drive wrecked shit.  Even gave me extra for the tires (duratracs) and other upgrades.  

My current truck I took to a friends shop after I hosed a deer at 60 mph and it bounced down the side.  Over 9k in damages...insurance paid for it all to be fixed PLUS the additional grand or so that was "undescovered" when tearing it apart.  I thought they may total it.  The metric the insurance companies use must be pretty interesting.

75 % of value . A lot of new adjusters don’t know how to write a hit,.,, everything is a total. 

It is against the law to steer you into a shop, State Farm does it by suggesting your car will sit for weeks waiting for adjuster or could be responsible for additional repairs. Not true! 

11 minutes ago, Snake said:

As always, depends on the company.

I never totaled one, but I have daughters.

Had an 07 Murano she put into a telephone pole. Not only was it totaled quickly, the payout was literally $1,000 less than we paid for it 2 years prior. Then she rolled her Altima, same deal..... paid very well.

That's USAA.

Hopefully she didnt get hurt in those accidents..but holy cow....was it winter when she crashed?

They did say that if it is repairable they will return it to any shop we choose so there was no pressure there but now I feel like I should tell them I want the adjuster to come here and look at it. I've been a customer for a long time and the only other claim was when my wife was rear ended in the same vehicle shortly after we bought it.

Just now, Cold War said:

They want car so it isn’t sitting at shop racking  up storage fees.   That is their motivation for settling your claim quickly. 

Kind of figured that as it was towed to the wrecker yard Friday and they are picking it up on Tuesday.

Last year my car got rear ended and the co operator's wrote it off. They only offered me $6000. I told them the car was worth way more than that and I would not accept the kind of offer. They said I had to prove it was worth more. So I searched Kijiji and such and sent them a list of examples ranging from $8900-12000. I said my car isn't the worth $12000 but it is definitely a lot more than $6000. So we settled on $8000 and I got my car back. $1600 later my car was back on the road and I pocketed $6000

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

She is currently at just over 200/month....hope it doesn't double.

my son was at 13 and change and now 17 and change so about 25%.  Daughter is actually still a few bucks more between them they are about $3600 which is more than I pay for my 2 cars, the bike,  2 sleds, the house and a liability umbrella SMH.  need to remember to call to kill the bike insurance this week. Figured I'd already own another and have done it then but i haven't found one.  

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Hopefully she didnt get hurt in those accidents..but holy cow....was it winter when she crashed?

Stupidity basically.

Nah, she didn't get hurt. I will say, Nissans are tough.

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Jesus! :lol:

I'm down to having 1 kid on the insurance, and that's cuz I told them I would provide them a car so long as they were in school.

She just graduated last month, double major. She of course is the one who totaled the 2.... :fuck:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Stupidity basically.

Nah, she didn't get hurt. I will say, Nissans are tough.

I will agree.  Do a couple a week. 

They use a  bolted on crush zone. Every manufacturer should copy it.  Makes for a nice repair. Good as new when done. 

9 hours ago, Cold War said:

They want car so it isn’t sitting at shop racking  up storage fees.   That is their motivation for settling your claim quickly. 

This . I'm still surprised they didn't send out a field adjuster to at least give it a walkaround first . Although , maybe they did and figured it might total because of the age .  :bc:

8 hours ago, Snake said:

My oldest rear ended 2 cars on same day.

When the old lady gets a new car , I just automatically whip out the spraybomb and whack a # 43 on the drivers door as soon as she pulls in the driveway .  :bc:

• Haha 2