Check your account email address ×

Cooking deer ribs

On 5/26/2018 at 8:23 PM, Polaris 550 said:

I'll try that. Mine actually came out ok, but I got unexpected company and I let them cook to cinders in the grille. 

I'll try your recipe though, 'cause I think if they are done right they can be OK. 

They're delicious, the first time I had deer ribs was in friends ice shack about 15 years ago and I was surprised how good they were and then I was thinking why the fuck haven't I ever had them before :dunno:

5 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

They're delicious, the first time I had deer ribs was in friends ice shack about 15 years ago and I was surprised how good they were and then I was thinking why the fuck haven't I ever had them before :dunno:

One butcher I used a few years ago would throw the entire ribs into the trash can. I'll try them your way next time. 

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

One butcher I used a few years ago would throw the entire ribs into the trash can. I'll try them your way next time. 

Just Google 3-2-1 method. It's the most idiot proof way to get good rib results

5 hours ago, f7ben said:

Just Google 3-2-1 method. It's the most idiot proof way to get good rib results

Are you inferring that I'm an idiot?????? 

3 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Are you inferring that I'm an idiot?????? 

Nope.....just saying that if you havent cooked a lot of ribs the 3-2-1 method always yields acceptable results. You obviously havent got a lot of experience cooking meat hence you thinking boiling the fuck out of any tough protein was going to make a tasty meal :lol: 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Nope.....just saying that if you havent cooked a lot of ribs the 3-2-1 method always yields acceptable results. You obviously havent got a lot of experience cooking meat hence you thinking boiling the fuck out of any tough protein was going to make a tasty meal :lol: 

The reason I boiled the bastids is because they sat in the fridge for a few days after I thawed them out from the freezer. So I wanted to make sure they were OK, so I boiled them to soften them up, and they did have quite a bit of SCUM come to the top. They actually were OK, but I had to leave and they burned on the grille. I was eating them riight off the grille earlier, they were fairly good. 

I'm gonna' try that recipe MILEAGE pSYCHO posted. Is that Vinny Boombahtz? I sure do like him. He's a bud.   :bc:

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

The reason I boiled the bastids is because they sat in the fridge for a few days after I thawed them out from the freezer. So I wanted to make sure they were OK, so I boiled them to soften them up, and they did have quite a bit of SCUM come to the top. They actually were OK, but I had to leave and they burned on the grille. I was eating them riight off the grille earlier, they were fairly good. 

I'm gonna' try that recipe MILEAGE pSYCHO posted. Is that Vinny Boombahtz? I sure do like him. He's a bud.   :bc:

Yah.....never boil meat :lol: rinse it if its not clean and then cook it properly you meathead 

Just now, f7ben said:

Yah.....never boil meat :lol: rinse it if its not clean and then cook it properly you meathead 

About 55 years a ago a guy from Maine told me the people up there boil the deer meat until it comes off the bone, because they can't afford to lose one bit of meat. 

My ribs were tough before I boiled them, but they did soften up after boiling. 

Don't forget, this is a nasty old buck in the rut. This is not prime beef from a meat specialty store!!

If I didn't boil them I think they would have been too tough to eat. 

Ok, I'm gonna' try different ways, maybe I'll just rinse them next time. 

I have so much fuckin' hard work to do here, I can't concentrate on my cooking. 

The road to my woodlot and my woodlot, looked like a fucking Joplin, Missouri tornado came through here. Me and my helper were cutting bent trees all day. I'm so fuckin' tired I can barely move.

I should have taken before/after pics. 

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

About 55 years a ago a guy from Maine told me the people up there boil the deer meat until it comes off the bone, because they can't afford to lose one bit of meat. 

Don't forget, this is a nasty old buck in the rut. This is not prime beef from a meat specialty store!!

The road to my woodlot and my woodlot, looked like a fucking Joplin, Missouri tornado came through here. Me and my helper were cutting bent trees all day. I'm so fuckin' tired I can barely move.

Yah rinse it and then cook them in a slow cooker or in the over on about 225 or in a smoker......its take time to break down tough meat but you dont want to remove all the flavor from it. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Yah rinse it and then cook them in a slow cooker or in the over on about 225 or in a smoker......its take time to break down tough meat but you dont want to remove all the flavor from it. 

OK, I'll try them on low heat in the grille. If they don't come out good,  STAY AWAY FROM THE GARY 7-11!!!!!!! 

3 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

OK, I'm an idiot, and you're gay. I'd rather be an idiot. 

That sucks because your both !!!

Just now, The One said:

That sucks because your both !!!

Nope, too late, you had your chance to post that. You got " OWNED " on that one, Dragqueen!!! 

5 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Nope, too late, you had your chance to post that. You got " OWNED " on that one, Dragqueen!!! 

From what I have been reading your the drag queen!!!!

Edited by The One

6 minutes ago, The One said:

From what I have been reading your the drag queen!!!!

Oh Draggy, STFU!! You're the " SITE FAG ", get used to it. 

4 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Oh Draggy, STFU!! You're the " SITE FAG ", get used to it. 

Lmfao , run you may get sand in your vag again LOT LIZARD !! 

• Platinum Contributing Member
39 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Maybe you should get rid of those girly saws and pick up a real saw that a real man would use to cut a tree

2 hours ago, The One said:

Lmfao , run you may get sand in your vag again LOT LIZARD !! 

You were named " SITE FAG " of FS1, over 6 years ago!! 

LMAO!! Hanlon posted it. It's your HERPES FOR LIFE!!! LMMFAO!! 

You were also declared " OFFICIA:LLY OWNED " by MACHZNOT on FS1 years ago. I think it was Yami 123 that posted it.

More HERPES FOR LIFE for YOU!!! LMAO! 

SITE FAG, and OFFICIALLY OWNED BY MACHZNOT. 

Just kill yerself!!! LMAO! 

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Maybe you should get rid of those girly saws and pick up a real saw that a real man would use to cut a tree

Maybe I should just pick you up, and stack you with the rest of my shitty logs. :ass: 

41 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Everyone shoots a big stinky buck but I’d rather take a fat doe

That's just what I was thinking. I'm only gonna' go for a young doe.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

That's just what I was thinking. I'm only gonna' go for a young doe.  

Do you buy unit m anterless permits? You can buy 2 , and that's on top of a buck. or doe , whatever your first deer is.

Edited by steve from amherst