Check your account email address ×

Cooking deer ribs

7 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Do you buy unit m anterless permits? You can buy 2 , and that's on top of a buck. or doe , whatever your first deer is.

I usually just go wth the muzzle-loader, I have about 10 days to get a doe on that in unit M. Then you can also get a doe for a week or so during the regular season.    ( only one )

No more bucks for me, my garage wall is covered with racks/mounts. Thre last one i did cost a fuckin' fortune! If I had known I would not have had it mounted, but just done the rack myself for $20.00. I have one rack in the barn from last year that I have to send to Bass Pro for the placqe to do myself. 

The only buck that I think that I might shoot from now would have to be a monster from way up country in NH or Maine. That is not likely. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I usually just go wth the muzzle-loader, I have about 10 days to get a doe on that in unit M. Then you can also get a doe for a week or so during the regular season.    ( only one )

No more bucks for me, my garage wall is covered with racks/mounts. Thre last one i did cost a fuckin' fortune! If I had known I would not have had it mounted, but just done the rack myself for $20.00. I have one rack in the barn from last year that I have to send to Bass Pro for the placqe to do myself. 

The only buck that I think that I might shoot from now would have to be a monster from way up country in NH or Maine. That is not likely. 

The area around oxbow has some real monsters. Patten has a lot more deer but they are smaller.

On 5/28/2018 at 7:27 PM, f7ben said:

Nope.....just saying that if you havent cooked a lot of ribs the 3-2-1 method always yields acceptable results. You obviously havent got a lot of experience cooking meat hence you thinking boiling the fuck out of any tough protein was going to make a tasty meal :lol: 

I just watched a couple of Youtube vids on deer rib cooking................................they BOTH boiled them first to get them cleaned up and some fat removed!! 

I swear to GOD, I'm gonna' get in my fuckin' truck and drive out to Gary, and beat you like a rented mule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 5/29/2018 at 5:35 PM, steve from amherst said:

The area around oxbow has some real monsters. Patten has a lot more deer but they are smaller.

The biggest deer EVAh in MAine was shot northwest of Bingham in 1955, and field-dressed at 355 lbs. 

That's an area I'd like to try. Probably won't happen.  

Measured 9 feet from tip of nose to hind feet.

Estimated live weight was 485 lbs.   

32 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Sure it wasn't a Hereford?

LOL!!! 

The only bigger one was shot in Minnesota, this was the second-heaviest deer shot.  

Edited by Guest