Check your account email address ×

Frail, Old and Dying, but Their Only Way Out of Prison Is a Coffin

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

I'd say release them if there was a way to save money but reality is there is not since when they are out they will still be a burden to the taxpayer so fuck em do the crime do the time.  

Nutshell.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I'd say release them if there was a way to save money but reality is there is not since when they are out they will still be a burden to the taxpayer so fuck em do the crime do the time.  

this is true in fact a bigger burden .in prison the doctors are already on payroll . hospice is the in house priest keep him in his shot cot keep the beds open in 1/2, way house for a person who stands a chance at making a,life and contributing to society when out 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

this is true in fact a bigger burden .in prison the doctors are already on payroll . hospice is the in house priest keep him in his shot cot keep the beds open in 1/2, way house for a person who stands a chance at making a,life and contributing to society when out 

Chronically ill prisoners in jail or prisons are transported on a regular basis to civilian hospitals and clinics. It’s seems as though you have little insight into how the system works. For instance prisoners on dialysis can be transported several times weekly for treatment. The cost and distance depends on the location of the prison and what healthcare facility DOC contracts with. It’s one of the largest expenses for DOC. It requires two guards, prison vehicle, etc. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Bingo. :bc: 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Chronically ill prisoners in jail or prisons are transported on a regular basis to civilian hospitals and clinics. It’s seems as though you have little insight into how the system works. For instance prisoners on dialysis can be transported several times weekly for treatment. The cost and distance depends on the location of the prison and what healthcare facility DOC contracts with. It’s one of the largest expenses for DOC. It requires two guards, prison vehicle, etc. 

Are you surprised......it’s par for the course on here. 

9 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

10 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Bingo. :bc: 

:lol: Stroking each other off and oblivious to the facts.

Edited by SnowRider

9 hours ago, racer254 said:

Please, show your how you figured it was 1/7th the cost of prison.

Annual cost per year varies depending on the state  in Wisconsin it’s approx $40,000 per inmate. One month at a TLP is $400-500/mo. That’s with GPS monitoring.  

11 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:lol: Stroking each other off and oblivious to the facts.

The stupidity here is outstanding to watch. Republicans have never been good at looking at the whole picture. Emotions over facts is how they function. 

30 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Annual cost per year varies depending on the state  in Wisconsin it’s approx $40,000 per inmate. One month at a TLP is $400-500/mo. That’s with GPS monitoring.  

Does that include food?  $400 Seems a bit low. 

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

well I know people who have worked in a big mn prison for over 20 yrs,and I know they have a in house hospital with most of the amenity they need so there is no risk of transport issues 

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Does that include food?  $400 Seems a bit low. 

no because most of the 1/2 way houses and after treatment houses use the huge warehouse food shelf for food and soaps and cleaning stuff. they all make you get on welfare or ss . they take the check as payment  gor your room and board . just 1 of the little costs being left out of this 

13 hours ago, spin_dry said:

This says nothing, I want to see your comparison to prove how exactly letting a criminal out a prison costs 1/7th of what it does if you kept him or her in prison.  I laugh because the people who say shit like this really have no way to prove it without using blatantly incorrect assumptions.  If you can prove it, then lets see it.  Just like the death penalty cost more than putting them in prison for life.  It's just another disingenuous bullshit argument.  They are all based on assumptions, lets see a true real cost comparison.

Edited by racer254

40 minutes ago, racer254 said:

This says nothing, I want to see your comparison to prove how exactly letting a criminal out a prison costs 1/7th of what it does if you kept him or her in prison.  I laugh because the people who say shit like this really have no way to prove it without using blatantly incorrect assumptions.  If you can prove it, then lets see it.  Just like the death penalty cost more than putting them in prison for life.  It's just another disingenuous bullshit argument.  They are all based on assumptions, lets see a true real cost comparison.

STFU.  You ignore facts even when they slap you over the head.  Any fact that contradicts your opinion is met with a similar response as you just posted.  That’s why you’re dumber than dogshit and should not be allowed to vote.  I’d take most undocumented people over you’re stupid ass. 

41 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You have your mind made up. 

17 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Factual information tends to do that to a mind.

Seems to me his request was reasonable.

C’mon Spinner!  Fight TDS!!!!  FIGHT IT!!!!!

23 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Until you can prove the opposite using facts and actual numbers rather than assumptions.

Sometimes it just takes common sense to prevail.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Until you can prove the opposite using facts and actual numbers rather than assumptions.

Sometimes it just takes common sense to prevail.

Again....STFU.  You ignore facts when they do not support your opinion.  :thumbsup: