Check your account email address ×

California Becomes First State to Order Solar on New Homes

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Hey if you want to live in a world where you are told everything to do and everyone makes your decisions for you , have at it. I prefer to make my own choices.

That being said you cannot legislate human behavior.

NH dosnt have a seatbelt law . 74 % of drivers wear one. Mass has a seatbelt law , 75% of drivers use one.

NH dosnt have an auto ins law , 7 % of drivers don't have auto ins. NJ does have an auto ins law . 8 % of drivers drive without ins.

It’s a secondary offense in mass. Can’t be pulled over for not wearing one. Connecticut you can be

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ATOMIC PUNK said:

It’s a secondary offense in mass. Can’t be pulled over for not wearing one. Connecticut you can be

Almost better not to wear one. Then when ya get pulled over for speeding they will usually give ya the $25 belt tix and let the speeding fly. 

2 hours ago, sledderj said:

15 year return on investment??  :lol:   

Try and get any bean counter to sign off on that if you are requesting a capital expenditure.  It needs to be 2 or 3 years.  Maybe 5 if it's for some progressive feel good initiative for the brain dead.  

This is the world I live in. 

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

If you have that kind of disposable income don’t you think it would be better off being used to help the poor rather than being wasted to satisfy your smug arrogance? 

Y not both

3 hours ago, sledderj said:

15 year return on investment??  :lol:   

Try and get any bean counter to sign off on that if you are requesting a capital expenditure.  It needs to be 2 or 3 years.  Maybe 5 if it's for some progressive feel good initiative for the brain dead.  

Gov projections of ROI... :lol:  Only a moron embraces more regulation after living through Obamacare.  

It's fascinating the folks who think Gov "solutions" help anyone, net.  :suicide: 

2 hours ago, Im4snow said:

Gov projections of ROI... :lol:  Only a moron embraces more regulation after living through Obamacare.  

It's fascinating the folks who think Gov "solutions" help anyone, net.  :suicide: 

" I'm from the gvmt and I'm here to help" 

Go fuck yourself.

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I just love how the Librulz back every single peice of idiocy from the G'ment like good little sheep.  "For the greater good"....ahhhh, liberal fascism!  Excellent.

I know this was a thread on HCS but I tried to see what solar would cost me on my house.  What a fucking joke.  I NEVER could calculate an investment return with what the solar companies told me to factor in for maintenance, and the upfront costs were STAGGERING.  I don't mean just a few thousand extra....think 10's of thousands...at leas FOUR!  Not to mention...it was recommended I had a solid enough alternative powered generator for the "unforseen down time".  :lol:

"Hello, MN Power, yeah....we're going with plan B...THANKS!!!!!!!!"

OH.....and what fucking ass-watered, wooden head idiot compared this legislation to the seat belt law?  I don't want to go back and check.  I mean COMPLETE FUCKING IDIOCY!!!!!!!!!!!

You poor dumb motherfucker.....I didnt compare the legislation. The comment was made that "if its a good idea the government shouldnt have to mandate it"

You cant see how bringing up seatbelts would be a good example of why the above statement isnt true?

Are you fucking Snowrider?

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

You poor dumb motherfucker.....I didnt compare the legislation. The comment was made that "if its a good idea the government shouldnt have to mandate it"

You cant see how bringing up seatbelts would be a good example of why the above statement isnt true?

It was you?  :lol: Maybe you made sense with the correlation.  I only skimmed it for clear pertinence.  

Let me get back later and read your theories, but it’s probably likely I’m gonna take issue with it.

I’ll alert you as to my findings.  Unless, I lose interest, or forget.

:lol:

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It was you?  :lol: Maybe you made sense with the correlation.  I only skimmed it for clear pertinence.  

Let me get back later and read your theories, but it’s probably likely I’m gonna take issue with it.

I’ll alert you as to my findings.  Unless, I lose interest, or forget.

38 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That’s not what I said. If it were financially a good idea and saved people money then people will gravitate towards it in their own. It has nothing to do with personal safety legislation 

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

That’s not what I said. If it were financially a good idea and saved people money then people will gravitate towards it in their own. It has nothing to do with personal safety legislation 

Mandating efficiency standards always ends up lowering costs of existing tech , saving money and spurring innovation......it is a good idea

10 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

You should go work as a civil engineer or consultant there. You have so many answers that you could be a great asset. Consultant maybe? Bravo. :bc:

well they obviously need new civil engines. how is the tearing out all the over 100yr old   farming water dams and water ways been working out  ? good thing that sand flee was saved though 

2 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Aaaaaaaand that's capitalism folks...

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

There are plenty of things that government has mandated that were very beneficial that people would not have implemented on their own. That is a fact

for the most part seat belts work . I and my bud would deff be dead if we wearing them . both tossed from car when it rolled roof was at door lock height. 

fucking beeper is the main reason I where one now  

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

for the most part seat belts work . I and my bud would deff be dead if we wearing them . both tossed from car when it rolled roof was at door lock height. 

fucking beeper is the main reason I where one now  

Buy a ford, you can shut it off.