Check your account email address ×

California Becomes First State to Order Solar on New Homes

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

Do seatbelts save you money on your electric bill?

There are plenty of things that government has mandated that were very beneficial that people would not have implemented on their own. That is a fact

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

They can. Wearing one is a good idea. Telling someone else they have to wear one is a terrible idea.

Bullshit......driving is a privilege and wearing a seatbelt not only saves lives but it saves money for everyone. Building a home n Cali is a privilege as well and they can mandate any type of construction practice they like.

If retards like you had their way there would be no grounding conductors in home wiring and no hurricane strapping on hurricane zones etc etc etc 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Hey if you want to live in a world where you are told everything to do and everyone makes your decisions for you , have at it. I prefer to make my own choices.

That being said you cannot legislate human behavior.

NH dosnt have a seatbelt law . 74 % of drivers wear one. Mass has a seatbelt law , 75% of drivers use one.

NH dosnt have an auto ins law , 7 % of drivers don't have auto ins. NJ does have an auto ins law . 8 % of drivers drive without ins.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

There are plenty of things that government has mandated that were very beneficial that people would not have implemented on their own. That is a fact

Well, in general laws were to prevent someone from infringing on the rights of others.  This is about freedom, not safety.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Hey if you want to live in a world where you are told everything to do and everyone makes your decisions for you , have at it. I prefer to make my own choices.

That being said you cannot legislate human behavior.

NH dosnt have a seatbelt law . 74 % of drivers wear one. Mass has a seatbelt law , 75% of drivers use one.

NH dosnt have an auto ins law , 7 % of drivers don't have auto ins. NJ does have an auto ins law . 8 % of drivers drive without ins.

DERP

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Well, in general laws were to prevent someone from infringing on the rights of others.  This is about freedom, not safety.

DERP

Dumbasses :lol: 

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yes but when it financially benefits people they generally will migrate to that position on their own instead of it being mandated. Solar does make sense in Cali and with trumps solar tariff it’ll be good for the USA. But in other situations it would be stupid like here where we hardly get any sun for a few months of the year and we have piles of hydro electricity 

CA has electricity shortages all the time . The enviornment is being destroyed to create hydro dams to produce electricity .  When blackouts occur due to electricity shortages , the blacks run wild and pillage until the sun comes out the next morning .    These reasons make this a viable building code .

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Yes but when it financially benefits people they generally will migrate to that position on their own instead of it being mandated. Solar does make sense in Cali and with trumps solar tariff it’ll be good for the USA. But in other situations it would be stupid like here where we hardly get any sun for a few months of the year and we have piles of hydro electricity 

So you're saying it doesnt make sense to mandate solar where the sun doesnt shine :lol: great point snowrider 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

Did you know they have electricity shortage issues there? Solar water heaters have been a requirement there for years now. 

No they don’t.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Should we pass a law that no used sled can be sold without a toolkit and fuse changing directions included in the sale? Ya know , to protect the consumer. 

I bet at least one brain dead imbecile here thinks so.

• Gold Member

I think mandated solar in Cali is a good idea.  I plan on slapping some solar on my house and getting a plug in suv for my wife.  Just got to do it by next year cause the federal subsidy expires at the end of 2019

Thank god we have this law. God forbid someone stocks up during a sale.

Three beer cases per transaction the limit in Indiana

Protecting everyone who is too stupid to put them in the truck , turn around and walk back in to buy 3 more.

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I think mandated solar in Cali is a good idea.  I plan on slapping some solar on my house and getting a plug in suv for my wife.  Just got to do it by next year cause the federal subsidy expires at the end of 2019

That needs to be extended . If we can afford to piss away trillions to fight the rich mans wars then we can spend a little on promoting energy independence

• Like 1

Just now, Sal Rosenberg said:

That needs to be extended . If we can afford to piss away trillions to fight the rich mans wars then we can spend a little on promoting energy independence

If it is such a good idea why would it need a subsidy?

Just now, steve from amherst said:

You are fucking retarded arent you......do you understand how scaling up production of a product works and how that impacts costs? If you mandate it the costs will come down while the production increases

• Gold Member
Just now, Sal Rosenberg said:

US is pretty much 100% electricity independependent.....  we do a little electricity trade with Canada.  But we are independent if need be with electricity.  

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Some things need to be helped along in their infancy , I have no problem with that if it's long term outlook is promising .