Check your account email address ×

The honourable Jordan Peterson addresses the “not real communism” fallacy

1 hour ago, Killer said:

Surprised it took this long for Peterson to pop up on here.

Oh, it's not the first time, we've got lots of incels and other protofascists skulking around here.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Well in that time, we've seen the rise of the snowflake triggered safe space generation, who have somehow convinced themselves that capitalism is the root of all evil.  They're wrong, and he explains why.

No he doesn't, he sounds just.like you trying to imitate me. Garbled ideas and word salad. He's a dumb asses' idea of a smart guy.

Peterson is the ultimate safe space snowflake. I mean, dude thinks non cisheteronormative people who dare demand respect is infringement upon individual freedom and tantamount to fascim.

:lol:

Edited by motonoggin

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Oh, it's not the first time, we've got lots of incels and other protofascists skulking around here.

No he doesn't, he sounds just.like you trying to imitate me. Garbled ideas and word salad. He's a dumb asses' idea of a smart guy.

Peterson is the ultimate safe space snowflake. I mean, dude thinks non cisheteronormative people who dare demand respect is infringement upon individual freedom and tantamount to fascim.

I just did a search.  Has been brought up a few times with minimal conversation but seems this is the first thread.

You spend too much time on the fringes, which includes this site. A big reason why I found myself disagreeing with people here over the years, to my misfortune was moreso my attestation to the echo chamber than my sheer disagreement with what was being said.

I doubt there are many fascists, some racists for sure but mostly very level headed people, regardless of the echo chamber or monolith (99% middle age white straight guys). Echo chambers are an easy target, and rightly so.

It is pretty clear though you haven't done your due diligence and study.

But tell me you are calling him the stupid man's smart person because you read this:

http://www.macleans.ca/opinion/is-jordan-peterson-the-stupid-mans-smart-person/

1 minute ago, Killer said:

I just did a search.  Has been brought up a few times with minimal conversation but seems this is the first thread.

You spend too much time on the fringes, which includes this site. A big reason why I found myself disagreeing with people here over the years, to my misfortune was moreso my attestation to the echo chamber than my sheer disagreement with what was being said.

I doubt there are many fascists, some racists for sure but mostly very level headed people, regardless of the echo chamber or monolith (99% middle age white straight guys). Echo chambers are an easy target, and rightly so.

But tell me you are calling him the stupid man's smart person because you read this:

Cool! I see that I'm not the first to realize that. It's kind of low hanging fruit, tbh. The right loves guys like him. 

I mean the intentional conflation of cultural marxism with postmodernism, nihilism, communism, and stalinism would give anyone who actually knows what those things are a clue as to how of the rails the dude is.

But because he made a principled stand against an imaginary boogeyman he's lionized and worshipped. 

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Ironic post...again.  Are you trying to piss off the volcano?

8 minutes ago, Killer said:

I kinda like you so far.  Do more here.  

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

I mean the intentional conflation of cultural marxism with postmodernism, nihilism, communism, and stalinism would give anyone who actually knows what those things are a clue as to how of the rails the dude is.

But because he made a principled stand against an imaginary boogeyman he's lionized and worshipped. 

“Word Salad”.

2 hours ago, Killer said:

How so?  Haven't seen it yet but I've listened to him and Sam harris now a few times.  They are getting together in Vancouver very soon I believe. 

From what I can gather Peterson doesn't believe most atheists are actually atheist and he loaths nialism. He makes strong arguments for both and I'm being very brief on my interpretation.

I watched it. Was an interesting debate. Nobody really won anything. Matt is basically an anti theologian in the most simplest sense of his core and Pederson really is more of a current social issues debator based on observations and emperical evidence. Dr Pederson made matt sweat at his own game whereas matt would get crushed on current social issues 

5 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Like, the lobster and Prozac stuff should have been everyone's first clue that dude is a weirdo. 

You appear intellectually frustrated by him. He breaks down why he does that to the extreme left like you first thing in this vid 

Edited by Rod Johnson

19 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

You appear intellectually frustrated by him. He breaks down why he does that to the extreme left like you first thing in this vid 

Dont let your kids do things that will make you dislike them 

4 hours ago, Killer said:

That is in reference to YouTube where all his videos are posted and has something like 80% male audience.

His audience now is far more diverse since his book launched.   Have you read it or watched many of his lectures/videos?

The funny thing about Peterson is if he was this popular 10 years ago you'd call him a bore. 

I've seen more than enough to know he's a psuedo-intellectual...

5 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Because he rips apart all your false narratives with facts?

7 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I think you are confused on what "facts" means friend. Better have a look oops wow

13 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

What is pseudo intellectual about him?

Do you realize how ignorant that is?.  He may be a lot of things but that's not 1.

Just now, f7ben said:

I think you are confused on what "facts" means friend. Better have a look oops wow

Then dissect the vid in the OP with facts then oops 

1 minute ago, Killer said:

Do you realize how ignorant that is?.  He may be a lot of things but that's not 1.

He openly subscribes to naturalistic fallacy. 

He also appears to not know what cultural marxism and post modernism are even though either term comes out of his mouth 3-4 times a minute.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

He's a walking false narrative dummy 

2 minutes ago, Killer said:

He's basically just spreads propaganda. He's like a meme page with a doctorate...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

He's a walking false narrative dummy 

He's basically just spreads propaganda. He's like a meme page with a doctorate...

Except he always uses facts and evidence to back up his claims :lol: