Check your account email address ×

HOLY SHIT! F7Ben and Trump were right!

My industry has been a big part of making the USA more efficient, Trump and @f7ben are mired in a mid 20th Century economy, don't look now but here comes the 2020's.

My great paternal grandfather made a living at Wisconsin Steel as a laborer foreman because he was an immigrant that could speak broken english, my paternal grandfather worked there as crane operator, my dad worked during HS summers and as a young man, my maternal grandfather worked in the office IH which owned Wisconsin Steel, my father had more than one old timer who told him that the steel business wasn't long for a man his age.

The haydays

Image result for wisconsin steel

Image result for wisconsin steel today

Related image

• USA Contributing Member

I worked for a company that made "machines for electronics".  They were known for a semiautomatic through hole machine that was used to populate small batches of circuit boards and was the benchmark of the industry.  From there they followed the industry into surface mount and were successful for a while.  This was a small American company, competing with names like Universal Equipment, Juki, Samsung...  The big guys went to China and setup factories with cafeterias and dorms for its cheap labor source  They built lots of machines, many of which stayed there to be used to build boards for cell phones and other large quantity electronic products.  We had a plan to sell a machine for small companies in the US and Europe that were looking to do small board batches with quick changeovers.  One machine that could do all components.  Again they were successful for a couple years.  The industry got saturated and pretty soon the big players came down to our level and killed us on price with their cheap labor.  They were almost selling machines at cost, we couldn't compete.  It wasn't automation that ended this company.

45 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

My industry has been a big part of making the USA more efficient, Trump and @f7ben are mired in a mid 20th Century economy, don't look now but here comes the 2020's.

My great paternal grandfather made a living at Wisconsin Steel as a laborer foreman because he was an immigrant that could speak broken english, my paternal grandfather worked there as crane operator, my dad worked during HS summers and as a young man, my maternal grandfather worked in the office IH which owned Wisconsin Steel, my father had more than one old timer who told him that the steel business wasn't long for a man his age.

The haydays

Image result for wisconsin steel

Image result for wisconsin steel today

Related image

Hey....we can get Chinamen to do simple electrical buildouts for pennies on the dollar in Chicago if you like? Sound good to you??? I mean the quality of the end product wont be there but who gives a fuck....right ballsack?

• Thanks 1

Great article...thanks for posting. You'd have to be a fucking idiot not to understand that manufacturing is the basis of a strong middle class. Service sector jobs are universally low wage. 

16 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

I worked for a company that made "machines for electronics".  They were known for a semiautomatic through hole machine that was used to populate small batches of circuit boards and was the benchmark of the industry.  From there they followed the industry into surface mount and were successful for a while.  This was a small American company, competing with names like Universal Equipment, Juki, Samsung...  The big guys went to China and setup factories with cafeterias and dorms for its cheap labor source  They built lots of machines, many of which stayed there to be used to build boards for cell phones and other large quantity electronic products.  We had a plan to sell a machine for small companies in the US and Europe that were looking to do small board batches with quick changeovers.  One machine that could do all components.  Again they were successful for a couple years.  The industry got saturated and pretty soon the big players came down to our level and killed us on price with their cheap labor.  They were almost selling machines at cost, we couldn't compete.  It wasn't automation that ended this company.

I was a surface mount operator for a pcb electronics company while going to college. We didn't make a ton of money and still couldn't compete with slaves making the same shit for pennies on the dollar and having zero regs or standards to follow. That place closed up shop soon after I left and several hundred people were out of jobs

If you don’t think what we are doing isn’t the long overdue correction in trade deficits and sat by as our companies went off shore at record numbers during your idiot king’s reign, you really should just be silent.  You are bringing nothing but ass-hurt idiocy to the conversation.

39 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

If you don’t think what we are doing isn’t the long overdue correction in trade deficits and sat by as our companies went off shore at record numbers during your idiot king’s reign, you really should just be silent.  You are bringing nothing but ass-hurt idiocy to the conversation.

Both parties are the same. Started with NAFTA and has been accelerating since

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Both parties are the same. Started with NAFTA and has been accelerating since

Well, no matter.  A correction is way past due.  Just because nobody has had the balls before, doesn't make it right...it makes them career politicians afraid to rock the boat.  Cowardly faggots.

• Like 1

Automation is one component but we remediated hundreds of old factories after nafta was passed. And most of them moved operations out of country. Mind you these old factories were antiquated and would not compete today, the manufacturing and assembly operations left the country. That's a big part of the problem too. Don't be fooled here. We have been getting fucked on trade and it seems like it's been intentional ...

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Automation is one component but we remediated hundreds of old factories after nafta was passed. And most of them moved operations out of country. Mind you these old factories were antiquated and would not compete today, the manufacturing and assembly operations left the country. That's a big part of the problem too. Don't be fooled here. We have been getting fucked on trade and it seems like it's been intentional ...

Damn right it's been intentional. Those factories could have been replaced with new. Investment in our middle class works if the laws and regulations support it. These ducks incentivize companies to offshore and make it damn tough to invest in the us manufacturing sector.

4 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

This is where Ross Perot was spot on back in early 90’s and people thought he was nuts and shrug it off. 

"You here the giant sucking sound?"

He was spot on

15 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

This is where Ross Perot was spot on back in early 90’s and people thought he was nuts and shrug it off. 

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

He was spot on

Nearly everything he said came true . :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
33 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

28 minutes ago, f7ben said:

He was spot on

18 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Another good read is his biography...smart guy.

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

Hey....we can get Chinamen to do simple electrical buildouts for pennies on the dollar in Chicago if you like? Sound good to you??? I mean the quality of the end product wont be there but who gives a fuck....right ballsack?

You do know that China is bleeding mfg jobs? They have been for a few years. 

22 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You do know that China is bleeding mfg jobs? They have been for a few years. 

Right.....because they started to develop and middle class of their own right and manufacturers have sought out other markets for their slave production .......that is what the TPP was all about 

1 hour ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Ross Perot is a smart man but he was short and has big ears. Can't be president like that. 

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Ross Perot is a smart man but he was short and has big ears. Can't be president like that. 

W is short and has big ears!

49 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Right.....because they started to develop and middle class of their own right and manufacturers have sought out other markets for their slave production .......that is what the TPP was all about 

Yes. It’s the reason China is spending so much time and money in Africa.