Check your account email address ×

AP Poll: 78 Percent Say Public School Teachers Aren't Paid Enough

Mainecat

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I live in a neighborhood with 5 teachers in my  2 block dog walk . 

I know them all pretty well not 1 is hurting at all . most are 2 teachers in 1 home . all have nice cars 3 have cabins all have boats all have summer off.

every one got there masters on the tax dime .

not a bad life at all 

2 are closet republicans . 

What entitles a contractor/slum lord who can’t spell or put a coherent sentence together to a higher standard of living...:snack:

5 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

What entitles a contractor/slum lord who can’t spell or put a coherent sentence together to a higher standard of living...:snack:

Talent and work ethic.

Now, STFU and hope your wifey's pension plan will cover you in retirement in 20 years.  Fucking moron.

In just a bit, you can wipe off the kitchen table and it will be your "office desk" again.  :lol:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

There are certain people that think Minimum Wage  is too much for teachers...these threads always go the same way and always will and it clears from your tone where you stand.

I think what this comes down to is two things: The supply and demand scenario and, overall, we just aren't happy with our public education sector any longer.  Teachers aren't the enemy. Like all endeavors, some are great, some are good, and some simply just shouldn't be there but you can't get rid of them.  It's yet another broken government system.  Liberal indoctrinating of the children and political biases isn't what schools are supposed to be teaching.  Being in the high 20's in world eduction rankings doesn't help either.  It's not all the teacher's fault, our system is still working off of methods in the 1950's.  Even my daughter gets the program, memorize items most likely to be on the test, pass the test..bam!  4.0 GPA  What did she learn?  Not much.

Being and educator is a honorable and respected profession...for those that are worth honoring.  Problem now is, some are really showing their true colors and it really taints a system that is already in question and Private School Vouchers are gaining momentum.   My run ins with some of these "educators" in the last few years has been enlightening to me.  Not in a good way either.  It's sad.

Look at the liberals praising this trash, and that other pile of shit that called military personnel "stupid"........and we wonder why we are attacking our school system.  It's just sad.

Image result for teacher bashes bush

24 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

They're on their own and will get what they can get, what a dumb comparison.  Why are all teacher's paid the same regardless the subjects they teach?  The private sector certainly would not treat them the same.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

They're on their own and will get what they can get, what a dumb comparison.  Why are all teacher's paid the same regardless the subjects they teach?  The private sector certainly would not treat them the same.

What about Section 8 housing....many slumlords are collecting taxpayer provided rent.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I think what this comes down to is two things: The supply and demand scenario and, overall, we just aren't happy with our public education sector any longer.  Teachers aren't the enemy. Like all endeavors, some are great, some are good, and some simply just shouldn't be there but you can't get rid of them.  It's yet another broken government system.  Liberal indoctrinating of the children and political biases isn't what schools are supposed to be teaching.  Being in the high 20's in world eduction rankings doesn't help either.  It's not all the teacher's fault, our system is still working off of methods in the 1950's.  Even my daughter gets the program, memorize items most likely to be on the test, pass the test..bam!  4.0 GPA  What did she learn?  Not much.

Being and educator is a honorable and respected profession...for those that are worth honoring.  Problem now is, some are really showing their true colors and it really taints a system that is already in question and Private School Vouchers are gaining momentum.   My run ins with some of these "educators" in the last few years has been enlightening to me.  Not in a good way either.  It's sad.

Look at the liberals praising this trash, and that other pile of shit that called military personnel "stupid"........and we wonder why we are attacking our school system.  It's just sad.

Image result for teacher bashes bush

The kids today are wired to technology and are considered 21st century learners.  The main problem they have today is they are still being taught at a 19th century environment.  The education system is boring the crap out of them as most educators can't or refuse to adapt to new technologies.  So the results of the education system do not necessarily relate to future success or potential for these kids.  Who can memorize best to prepare for a test has little bearing in the real world but will make a big difference in high school, who gives a fuck.

45 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

You’re not happy....you’re pissed you’re paying taxes.  You’re not fooling anyone with your sarcasm so STFU :thumbsup:

I am still waiting on what job and salary you think these teachers should be comparable to.  You and many others have failed to answer this one simple question. 

Edited by racer254

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

What about Section 8 housing....many slumlords are collecting taxpayer provided rent.

So?  Would you want to be a slumlord dealing with those deadbeats?  Plus they have invested their livelihood into that and most returns are still pretty shit compared to what they would make in the markets headache free.  Nobody is saying they should not be paid well, but what should that be? 

8 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Indeed, parents not giving a fuck is why we have to have teachers that do, and that is going to be expensive.

Neal

It already is.   In fact the most expensive in the world but meh we all know the only way to solve problems in this country is throwing money at it.   God knows that methods track record is superb.  :lol: 

I find it hilarious.   

Doctors are paid too much!   We can get the same quality HC for much less money.

We must spend more money on teachers if we are to improve education.   Who cares if our system is already the most expensive in the world.  

I'm not against teachers being paid what their education level deserves, even if they get 2-3 months off but to think they deserve way more than what a typical 4 year BA degree gets in the market is absurd.  

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It already is.   In fact the most expensive in the world but meh we all know the only way to solve problems in this country is throwing money at it.   God knows that methods track record is superb.  :lol: 

It should be, we should be proud to spend the most on education.  We should expect our system to produce top tier students.  Our results on that front are decent, but should be improved.

Neal

Edited by NaturallyAspirated

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

It should be, we should be proud to spend the most on education.  We should expect our system to prodouce top tier students.  Our results on that front are decent, but should be improved.

Neal

See my edit.

38 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So?  Would you want to be a slumlord dealing with those deadbeats?  Plus they have invested their livelihood into that and most returns are still pretty shit compared to what they would make in the markets headache free.  Nobody is saying they should not be paid well, but what should that be? 

No...would you want to be a teacher dealing with  parents that don’t give a fuck that expect you to work miracles?

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, Highmark said:

See my edit.

We can indeed produce the same level of heathcare with spending less, and we can also do the same with education.  However the process of squeezing the turnip for blood may be more damaging than spending more and increasing efficiency.

Personally I see our public education as above average, roughly average in efficiency (placement of monies).  There is lots of room to improve, but we certainly do not have a horrible system overall.

Neal

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No...would you want to be a teacher dealing with  parents that don’t give a fuck that expect you to work miracles?

You have to really want to teach. The crap they put up with would be unbearable to me. 

Just now, Edmo said:

You have to really want to teach. The crap they put up with would be unbearable to me. 

I’ve been there....these guys that think it’s a cakewalk don’t get it and never will.

5 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

We can indeed produce the same level of heathcare with spending less, and we can also do the same with education.  However the process of squeezing the turnip for blood may be more damaging than spending more and increasing efficiency.

Personally I see our public education as above average, roughly average in efficiency (placement of monies).  There is lots of room to improve, but we certainly do not have a horrible system overall.

Neal

If I recall isn't your wife a teacher?

Our test scores would be much higher in world rankings if we had more 2 parent households and parents that get involved in their kids education at an early level.  Personally I don't see making education more efficient is "squeezing the turnip for blood."   There already is more than enough money there.  

I'm not sure any amount of money can fix the failures of our country or society when it comes to way too many parents who are not involved in their kids lives.  

Edited by Highmark

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No I wouldn't want to be one, but often it is the teachers who just aren't doing what they are legally obligated to do and clearly in their job description.  It goes both ways.

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

If I recall isn't your wife a teacher?

Our test scores would be much higher in world rankings if we had more 2 parent households and parents that get involved in their kids education at an early level.  Personally I don't see making education more efficient as "squeezing the turnip for blood."   

I'm not sure any amount of money can fix the failures of our country or society when it comes to way too many parents who are not involved in their kids lives.  

Para. She works with the difficult kids.

I totally agree, on 2 parent (caring) households.  Fixing that issue is expensive, teacher wise.

As I said before, I think our primary education system is fairly good.  We need to up the efficiency a bit, but that can be managed I think.

Neal

Edited by NaturallyAspirated

Para.

I totally agree, on 2 parent (caring) households.  Fixing that issue is expensive, teacher wise.

As I said before, I think our primary education system is fairly good.  We need to up the efficiency a bit, but that can be managed I think.

Neal

:bc:  

BTW, she makes less than the $15 per hour Bernie wage...  :bc:

Neal

Per Bernie wage?

How's the bennie's package?

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Para. She works with the difficult kids.

Neal

Here the kids with LD's are the ones who are neglected by the education system the most.  The supports are in place with IEP's, but often they do not get implemented and unless the kids either advocate for themselves or parents speak up, they usually get left behind.  These are kids with mild learning deficiencies in say one subject that can easily be brought back.