Check your account email address ×

Fuck Yeti Coolers

34 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That is completely incorrect. Those at the far right of the curve are extremely rare and are responsible for much of the innovation we enjoy. No Hawking? No Blackholes...Capiche?

And to add. Technology grows exponentially, without the initial breakthrough, resulting discoveries would take longer, if ever to be realistic.

39 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

This brings up a very interesting aspect of technological advancement. You see, if a person who would have cured cancer 6 months from now dies, someone else will cure cancer in 8-12 months. Inventions come from available technology and understanding, not individual innovation.

A good example is Antonio Meucci and Alexander G. Bell...

:pan:

40 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That is completely incorrect. Those at the far right of the curve are extremely rare and are responsible for much of the innovation we enjoy. No Hawking? No Blackholes...Capiche?

You can believe that all you want.

...https://www.wnycstudios.org/story/101024-idea-time-come

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

And to add. Technology grows exponentially, without the initial breakthrough, resulting discoveries would take longer, if ever to be realistic.

:pan:

It grows exponentially at a steady pace... not at the pace geniuses are born. If it was dependent on individual innovation there wouldn't be constant exponential growth...

Just now, Wildboer said:

It grows exponentially at a steady pace... not at the pace geniuses are born. If it was dependent on individual innovation there wouldn't be constant exponential growth...

No Tesla......no modernization of the world. Nobody was going to do what he did for decades or millenium 

Just now, f7ben said:

No Tesla......no modernization of the world. Nobody was going to do what he did for decades or millenium 

Completely wrong. Someone else would've done it not long after.

3 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

So if it weren't for modern technological developments, Steven Hawking wouldn't have been able to live as long as he did to discover other theories to propel technology further. Had he been born 300 years ago, he wouldn't have survived to share the theories with the world. You're welcome.

Just now, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

You're delusional... :pan:

He's completely incorrect ....average people do average things.........those are the facts. I am of above average intelligence and I could not do even the most basic math involved in complex physics if Hawking was trying to teach me himself. .......very few people are able to function on that level. We arent talking about the printing press or cotton gin here

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

He's completely incorrect ....average people do average things.........those are the facts. I am of above average intelligence and I could not do even the most basic math involved in complex physics if Hawking was trying to teach me himself. .......very few people are able to function on that level. We arent talking about the printing press or cotton gin here

Correct, I agree. 

Jury's still out on this... :thumbsup:

Just now, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Correct, I agree. 

Jury's still out on this... :thumbsup:

:lol: no its not. I'm not much above average but certainly enough. I think I am right in the goldilocks zone of smarts !!!!!!11

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yeti products were way over priced to begin with. Throw in this and its an easy decision to avoid them all together.

Pelican coolers are just as good and dont come with the political agenda.  

Both excellent coolers, my issue with Pelicans is that they are so damn heavy and I certainly don't have to tell you that weight is always an issue flying into the back country, and then getting around the back country whether by water or on foot.

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Yeti really transformed in the last year and shifted their target market. Makes sense from a business standpoint. I bet the majority of their customers for high end coolers and such aren’t gun toting NRA members. They would have been better off not openly supporting them and just let the sponsorship not renew. Meh. Still going to buy their mugs. Things rock. 

They really do!

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Fuck Yeti....make a bunch of money selling their overpriced coolers to NRA Members and then suddenly decide to be PC when the heat is on and not contribute.

After the NRA boycotts all or their former contributors, what will NRA members be able to buy when only gun manufacturers contribute to the NRA? :dunno: 

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

After the NRA boycotts all or their former contributors, what will NRA members be able to buy when only gun manufacturers contribute to the NRA? :dunno: 

shame on you 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

So if it weren't for modern technological developments, Steven Hawking wouldn't have been able to live as long as he did to discover other theories to propel technology further. Had he been born 300 years ago, he wouldn't have survived to share the theories with the world. You're welcome.

Well other scientists work led to Hawking's work. He was proved wrong a fair amount. And people have advanced well beyond his discoveries already... Sooo, what the fuck are you on about? Sure his work was important, but he was working in a community of scientists all tackling the same problems.

44 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You just wanna believe you're a special snowflake, not surprising :lol: 

1 minute ago, Wildboer said:

You just wanna believe you're a special snowflake, not surprising :lol: 

Are you high or retarded? Everything I have typed is the exact opposite of what you just attempted to put on me :lol: