Check your account email address ×

***OFFICIAL NHL CUP PLAYOFFS THREAD***

36 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'll give 2-1 odds and take the Jets over Vegas ......any dollar amount anyone wants to bet :lol: 

What about Washington and Tampa? Id like to see ovi win a cup but I think Tampa will win imo 

28 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

What about Washington and Tampa? Id like to see ovi win a cup but I think Tampa will win imo 

I think that is a tossup. I'd pick TB just because they have the home ice. Its going to be a great series for sure. Probably boils down to Vas vs Holtby

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I think that is a tossup. I'd pick TB just because they have the home ice. Its going to be a great series for sure. Probably boils down to Vas vs Holtby

Very true.  I was surprised at how Tampa routed the bruins.  I think we will have a good 3rd round from both east and west and the cup final. 

6 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Very true.  I was surprised at how Tampa routed the bruins.  I think we will have a good 3rd round from both east and west and the cup final. 

I agree......but I think we finally all get to see the real Knights. I would not be one bit surprised if they get swept and I would be shocked if it went 6

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I agree......but I think we finally all get to see the real Knights. I would not be one bit surprised if they get swept and I would be shocked if it went 6

Agreed the jets seem like the real deal this year.  I love their play style 

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

Agreed the jets seem like the real deal this year.  I love their play style 

They have been pretty much this good as a group the last few years but had absolutely no goaltending. That aint the case this year and Stastny was a nice addition 

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

They have been pretty much this good as a group the last few years but had absolutely no goaltending. That aint the case this year and Stastny was a nice addition 

Yup I hope they go all the way.  I'm sure as fuck glad pitts is out 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Hey dumbass.......do you have any idea how fucking weak the Pacific division is? Vegas is written off because they have played the 2 worst playoff teams in the West and not been tested by anyone at all. A completely decimated Wild team still would have cleaned up on LA and SJ

You crack me up, and you call me a dumbass. :lame: Question for you. Do you think Brendan Shanahan will handing out more suspensions/fines this next series from the Dept of Player Safety if things get out of hand. :lol:

Here is why Vegas will beat Winnipeg and likely go all the way to the Cup Final and win it. 

Vegas Golden Knights — Points Total, 25.4

Roster breakdown: 16 Canadians, 4 Americans, 2 Swedes, 1 Czech, 1 Slovak, 1 Swiss, 1 Finn, 1 French - 61.5% Canadian roster
Starting Goaltender: Marc-Andre Fluery, Canadian
Leadership: Captain: None, Alternates: Deryk Engelland, James Neal, David Perron, Reilly Smith - Canadians & Luca Sbisa, Swiss.
General Manager: George McPhee, from Guelph, Ontario.
Head Coach: Gerard Gallant, from Summerside, PEI.
Ownership: Bill Foley, from Austin, Texas and the Maloof Family of Las Vegas, Nevada.
Proximity to Canada: 1,800 kilometers to the border at Roosville, BC.

OHHHHHHHHHH DAMN. Ladies and Gentlemen, children of all ages, Canadians having strokes right now. You’re official team to cheer for as Canadians is the one year old, expansion to the desert, team in a place where no one thought hockey would succeed, Vegas Golden Knights!

SIXTEEN Canadians on the roster. A Canadian starting goalie. Canadian coach. Canadian GM. FOUR Canadians on the leadership team. We couldn’t make them more Canadian if we pelted them with timbits and dropped the team into the Thunder Bay.

Do you find it odd Vegas is doing so well and that American owners chose more CDN's than Americans? Even if they didn't believe they'd go all the way, they knew they'd at least be competitive and not be a first year embarrassment. :news:

7 minutes ago, irv said:

You crack me up, and you call me a dumbass. :lame: Question for you. Do you think Brendan Shanahan will handing out more suspensions/fines this next series from the Dept of Player Safety if things get out of hand. :lol:

Here is why Vegas will beat Winnipeg and likely go all the way to the Cup Final and win it. 

Vegas Golden Knights — Points Total, 25.4

Roster breakdown: 16 Canadians, 4 Americans, 2 Swedes, 1 Czech, 1 Slovak, 1 Swiss, 1 Finn, 1 French - 61.5% Canadian roster
Starting Goaltender: Marc-Andre Fluery, Canadian
Leadership: Captain: None, Alternates: Deryk Engelland, James Neal, David Perron, Reilly Smith - Canadians & Luca Sbisa, Swiss.
General Manager: George McPhee, from Guelph, Ontario.
Head Coach: Gerard Gallant, from Summerside, PEI.
Ownership: Bill Foley, from Austin, Texas and the Maloof Family of Las Vegas, Nevada.
Proximity to Canada: 1,800 kilometers to the border at Roosville, BC.

OHHHHHHHHHH DAMN. Ladies and Gentlemen, children of all ages, Canadians having strokes right now. You’re official team to cheer for as Canadians is the one year old, expansion to the desert, team in a place where no one thought hockey would succeed, Vegas Golden Knights!

SIXTEEN Canadians on the roster. A Canadian starting goalie. Canadian coach. Canadian GM. FOUR Canadians on the leadership team. We couldn’t make them more Canadian if we pelted them with timbits and dropped the team into the Thunder Bay.

Do you find it odd Vegas is doing so well and that American owners chose more CDN's than Americans? Even if they didn't believe they'd go all the way, they knew they'd at least be competitive and not be a first year embarrassment. :news:

Didn't you also say kessel was a poor player in the Ont thread? :dunno: 

3 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Didn't you also say kessel was a poor player in the Ont thread? :dunno: 

Not that recall? IIRC, we were talking about Phaneuf and how you thought he was a great defenseman, which I disagreed with. 

1 minute ago, irv said:

Not that recall? IIRC, we were talking about Phaneuf and how you thought he was a great defenseman, which I disagreed with. 

I said he was a decent defence man.  Toronto was a death sentence for he and kessel.  Which both are doing well in non top positions 

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

I said he was a decent defence man.  Toronto was a death sentence for he and kessel.  Which both are doing well in non top positions 

I wouldn't say Kessel is in a "non top position. He has flourished since he left Toronto, which is not surprising for both of us. 

1 minute ago, irv said:

I wouldn't say Kessel is in a "non top position. He has flourished since he left Toronto, which is not surprising for both of us. 

Not at all.  Toronto has turned it around now though or working on it. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Best part about Vegas is the head coach....loved him when he played in Detroit....good old Spuds!  :thumbsup:

Fucking Bolts come out at home flat as fuck...SMH.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

10 things that define the incredible Vegas Golden Knights. Maybe they'll get blown out by Winnipeg, who knows, but with no longer having a dog in the race, (hockey pool) I hope they go all the way. 

http://torontosun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/10-things-that-define-the-incredible-golden-knights/wcm/18477d27-9c65-4550-a9dc-8e8230a24d64