Check your account email address ×

What I've been saying about Trump the whole time.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Typical politics are meetings and memo's and come up with a strategy that usually is already a compromise by the time its announced to the public.   Trump does just the opposite.   Announces a very strong position then lets staff negotiate to a compromise.   To his fault it might be helpful to let staff know this before, I wouldn't argue that.   Very different from how politics has worked for a long, long time but it still doesn't mean it can't be effective.   This is a better way of ending to a position that was determined to be in the middle ground before it was announced.   If the compromise is immediately announced then you have to hold dead firm on that position accepting nothing less, otherwise the compromise hurts your position even more.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/06/trumps-shoot-first-style-panned-by-press-may-not-be-so-crazy.html

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

You would make a great Fox News Commentator! :lol: 

Maybe if I was blonde and had great legs.  :lol:  

Howard is pretty middle of the ground.   By no means has he been a all in pro Trump guy.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Typical politics are meetings and memo's and come up with a strategy that usually is already a compromise by the time its announced to the public.   Trump does just the opposite.   Announces a very strong position then lets staff negotiate to a compromise.   To his fault it might be helpful to let staff know this before, I wouldn't argue that.   Very different from how politics has worked for a long, long time but it still doesn't mean it can't be effective.   This is a better way of ending to a position that was determined to be in the middle ground before it was announced.   If the compromise is immediately announced then you have to hold dead firm on that position accepting nothing less, otherwise the compromise hurts your position even more.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/06/trumps-shoot-first-style-panned-by-press-may-not-be-so-crazy.html

I completely agree. It makes meeting in the middle so easy. 

Just now, JEFF said:

I completely agree. It makes meeting in the middle so easy. 

The other part of it is Trump isn't use to the slow, mind numbing way things get done in politics.   

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The other part of it is Trump isn't use to the slow, mind numbing way things get done in politics.   

No he isn't. Politics in the last 40 years has become a huge bogged down bureaucracy designed to wear down by apathy anyone  brave enough to try and make it efficient. Trumps sledgehammer style of dealing with issues has proven quite effective. What the liberals don't understand is trump is pretty much doing it on his own. The repubs in congress and the senate dislike him almost as much as they do. But they are forced to lend a hand. 

Just now, JEFF said:

No he isn't. Politics in the last 40 years has become a huge bogged down bureaucracy designed to wear down by apathy anyone  brave enough to try and make it efficient. Trumps sledgehammer style of dealing with issues has proven quite effective. What the liberals don't understand is trump is pretty much doing it on his own. The repubs in congress and the senate dislike him almost as much as they do. But they are forced to lend a hand. 

Whether you like how or what Trump gets or wants done he is shaking the fuck out of DC right now.   That's all good in my books.  Why would anyone be shocked that the establishment hates this?

41 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Whether you like how or what Trump gets or wants done he is shaking the fuck out of DC right now.   That's all good in my books.  Why would anyone be shocked that the establishment hates this?

Yes, I absolutely love this.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

yet he has done more in his short time in office than any POTUS has in a term or two :bc: 

4 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Busy as hell these days

:bc:

:thumbsup:  Good for you.  You can thank Trump later.  :poke:  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark