Check your account email address ×

How about that stock market?

• Platinum Contributing Member

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Yep, Its going to work too. 

Yep.   Trump keeps his head and gets things done with NK and China he very could go down as the best POTUS ever.  

Trump gets things done because countries know he's got the balls to do what he says he is going to.   Effect Reagan had on foreign leaders.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Yep, Its going to work too. 

But slinger says he’s swatting the hornet’s nest!!!!!!!!!!1111

:lol: 

Trumpy is definitely different but WGAF as long as it’s effective. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Highmark said:

Yep.   Trump keeps his head and gets things done with NK and China he very could go down as the best POTUS ever.  

Certainly a successful one on this issue 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Certainly a successful one on this issue 

Come on man, its not just this one.  Yeah he's got baggage but damn he knows how to get things done.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Come on man, its not just this one.  Yeah he's got baggage but damn he knows how to get things done.  

He fucked us raw on the 4th amendment......he is exploding the budget. What other issue is he doing anything of positive substance on?

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Could end up being the best President for the American worker in a LONG time.

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

I am good with my holdings for a while or until this thing bottoms out fully. 80% cash as of last thursday morning. Fuck this market .....its played out 

How'd you do that?

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

He fucked us raw on the 4th amendment......he is exploding the budget. What other issue is he doing anything of positive substance on?

Agree on the 4th.  Major disappointment.

Budget is still a wait and see.  He can only input on discretionary spending.  That battle isn't over yet.  POTUS executes what congress gives him.   Doesn't have to spend it all.  

Illegal immigration.   Even without a wall his hardliner stance is working.

Cracking down on sanctuary cities.  Cracking down on illegal who are criminals.

NATO.   Countries are increasing their military budgets or will.

Tax cuts putting more money in peoples hands, raising wages and companies investing in America.

NK is looking to talk.   When's the last time that happened.  

Moving the embassy to Jerusalem shows strength and resolve for allies.  Suppose to happen by LAW in 1999 and every POTUS since just kicks the can down the road.  

HC.   Obamacare was a disaster.   Gives people more choices on what care they can buy.  

While the swamp is by no means drained he is at least putting Drano in to try and unclog some of it.  

Last and not least...puts America first.   

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, s pump said:

How'd you do that?

We have a Stable Value fund that is 99.5% cash or something......I shifted 80% of my account into that and will leave it there until I see some buying opportunities start to come back 

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

We have a Stable Value fund that is 99.5% cash or something......I shifted 80% of my account into that and will leave it there until I see some buying opportunities start to come back 

The market is for big men like myself, who can tolerate the risk, and potential loss. It is not for small, scrawny, nervous, TYVEK-LIVIN' lightweights like you. Now, do ya' think ya' might STFU!!!

15 hours ago, f7ben said:

Calm down Ben.

14 hours ago, f7ben said:

No Ben.  Its not 99.5% cash.  Maybe 5-20%, rest in bonds and fixed income investments, which have also been taking it on the chin with higher interest rates.  Put your money into a 65/35 equity/fixed income or 80/20 if you have some balls.  Then forget about it for 20 years.  This timing thing is not smart investing.  What you're in is for completely risk averse types, and someone nearing retirement, and even then I wouldn't recommend it.

Edited by DriftBusta

3 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

The market is for big men like myself, who can tolerate the risk, and potential loss. It is not for small, scrawny, nervous, TYVEK-LIVIN' lightweights like you. Now, do ya' think ya' might STFU!!!

How much can you bench?

45 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Calm down Ben.

No Ben.  Its not 99.5% cash.  Maybe 5-20%, rest in bonds and fixed income investments, which have also been taking it on the chin with higher interest rates.  Put your money into a 65/35 equity/fixed income or 80/20 if you have some balls.  Then forget about it for 20 years.  This timing thing is not smart investing.  What you're in is for completely risk averse types, and someone nearing retirement, and even then I wouldn't recommend it.

No...it is 90 something percent cash. I can read you know

Just now, f7ben said:

No...it is 90 something percent cash. I can read you know

Whats stable about not keeping up with inflation?  Not sure who manages your 401ks but thats a pretty shitty stable value fund.

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Whats stable about not keeping up with inflation?  Not sure who manages your 401ks but thats a pretty shitty stable value fund.

It is not a public fund....it is privately offered and as of this morning is 100% cash and in a NY Life Guaranteed Int account. What part of moved 80% of my money to the sidelines dont you get. This market is shit and I dont trust it and I dont want my money exposed to it right now. I will get back in when I feel like it. 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It is not a public fund....it is privately offered and as of this morning is 100% cash and in a NY Life Guaranteed Int account. What part of moved 80% of my money to the sidelines dont you get. This market is shit and I dont trust it and I dont want my money exposed to it right now. I will get back in when I feel like it. 

Aren’t you in your 30’s? You’re not going to need that money for a long time. I’m less than 10 away from retiring and still have the pedal to the metal. We’ll see some corrections and turbulence but I don’t see it crashing anytime soon. I know a guy that runs a mutual fund, has always given me great advise, and he is saying stay in right now.