Check your account email address ×

hey dave!

had my 6 month follow up with my cardio doc yesterday. blood pressure was 110/77, and no changes in my gradient (related to my heart valve performance). so things are steady which is good. I told him to send you my medical records so we can keep your expertise in the loop. :lol:

:bc:

Edited by Snoslinger

4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

had my 6 month follow up with my cardio doc yesterday. blood pressure was 110/77, and no changes in my gradient (related to my heart valve performance). so things are steady which is good. I told him to send you my medical records so we can keep your expertise in the loop. :lol:

Decent BP.....good to hear...

I realize I tell you to die in a fire almost daily but this is good news !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111 

Is the procedure to fix the valve still a guaranteed to be needed or is a monitor it and go from there situation?

You can pretty much get yourself off of BP meds by just eliminating caffeine and table salt (sea salt is ok). I did it years ago. Havent had high blood pressure since. Table salt has aluminum in it(anti caking agent), cause all kinds of health issues. 

14 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I can't stand you either, but that is good news for you.

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I realize I tell you to die in a fire almost daily but this is good news !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111 

Is the procedure to fix the valve still a guaranteed to be needed or is a monitor it and go from there situation?

TAVR?

Just now, racer254 said:

TAVR is a valve replacement procedure.  Just wondering if that was what you were talking about when you asked about the procedure to fix the valve.

slinger mentioned needing a valve

19 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

You can pretty much get yourself off of BP meds by just eliminating caffeine and table salt (sea salt is ok). I did it years ago. Havent had high blood pressure since. Table salt has aluminum in it(anti caking agent), cause all kinds of health issues. 

All salt came from the sea.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I rarely salt anything but love my coffee....my BP upticked some since I quit drinking....SMH.

decaf bro. Eventually you will get addicted to the decaf so its not even like quitting! :lol: 

Just now, XCR1250 said:

All salt came from the sea.

Table salt has aluminum in it as an anti caking agent. It wreaks havoc on your arteries causing high cholesterol and high BP. The aluminum, not the salt. 

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Table salt has aluminum in it as an anti caking agent. It wreaks havoc on your arteries causing high cholesterol and high BP. The aluminum, not the salt. 

Do you take an iodine supplement?

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I rarely salt anything but love my coffee....my BP upticked some since I quit drinking....SMH.

Lots of sodium in everything. Then causes water retention making one fatter. 

7 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Not all table salt has aluminum hydroxide in it, we buy it AH free but with Iodine.

Edited by XCR1250

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Do you take an iodine supplement?

Yes. I take a few supplements. My liver loves glutathione. Alot of supplements are bullshit but I can feel the difference that stuff makes

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Yes. I take a few supplements. My liver loves glutathione. Alot of supplements are bullshit but I can feel the difference that stuff makes

I also started taking supplements quite a few years ago.........they come in a box of 24 and are made from pure rocky mountain water !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I also started taking supplements quite a few years ago.........they come in a box of 24 and are made from pure rocky mountain water !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Haha! Thats why my liver needs the glutathione! :lol: 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

:lol:he's guessing several years before i need a new one. I'm still looking at some form of open heart surgery to have the valve replaced. likely a robot assisted, smaller incision process, as opposed to the traditional method of open chest cavity. so as long as things don't worsen, i can postpone the surgery. i attribute the "no-changes" to significant reduction in alcohol, more exercise, less table salt, and meds. one of the meds limits water retention, and when combined with drinking alcohol (which also dehydrates the body) I'd get massive hangovers. i asked the doc what i could do about that problem :lol: and he said i could try stopping the med and monitor my BP. if it rises, try every other day dosage.

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol:he's guessing several years before i need a new one. I'm still looking at some form of open heart surgery to have the valve replaced. likely a robot assisted, smaller incision process, as opposed to the traditional method of open chest cavity. so as long as things don't worsen, i can postpone the surgery. i attribute the "no-changes" to significant reduction in alcohol, more exercise, less table salt, and meds. one of the meds limits water retention, and when combined with drinking alcohol (which also dehydrates the body) I'd get massive hangovers. i asked the doc what i could do about that problem :lol: and he said i could try stopping the med and monitor my BP. if it rises, try every other day dosage.

Where are you retaining water?