Check your account email address ×

Bussman, Vince, and ZamBRO Find out About Cat Recall

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, f7ben said:

We will get to a point where they datalog engine parameters for warranty and if someone is retarded enough to cold seize an engine abusing like this they will get their warranty denied

Won't have to get there but I wouldn't blame them if they did.   They can and will control the engine parameters until proper temps are reached.   Somewhat doing that now.  

5 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

At this point you are probably right. When polaris owned the sales title a significant amount of their sales were rental units. The rental market isnt what it once was in the states, especially with Yellowstone on the ins and outs with riding in the park and shitty winters in the midwest, liability, etc... In Canada skidoo will always own the rental market. Looks like right now skidoo makes the most reliable snowmobiles anywhere so its not a surprise people buy them. :news: 

We've had this argument on HCS multiple times.  We did the math of what it would take for Poo to overcome Doo sales...it would literally take Doo to stop porducing.  Simple fact is this:  Doo is THE benchmark for reliability and performance out of the box.  Resale numbers reflect this easily.  Poo and Cat both sit at the same on depreciation.  Doo resale is stupud high and has been for 7-8 years.  For the overall vast majority of riders, it really is the best choice.  Hey, loved mine and really wore it out good.  When I blew the stator, I sold it to a parts buddy of mine and he gave me over $5k for it with 5000 miles on it...and I took my clutching and skis off of it!  I mean...WUT??????  Resale market for Doo and Doo parts is just nuts.

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Won't have to get there but I wouldn't blame them if they did.   They can and will control the engine parameters until proper temps are reached.   Somewhat doing that now.  

I dont like the limp mode until engine is warm features......what if you need to move your sled in a hurry. Like on a river or lake and something happens 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I dont like the limp mode until engine is warm features......what if you need to move your sled in a hurry. Like on a river or lake and something happens 

Or avy.   I agree there needs to be a balance.  Reality is as riders we need to use a bit of common sense on where we park and for how long.  I don't think that's asking too much.  

Edited by Highmark

13 minutes ago, Highmark said:

To some extent yes.  Not as tough if people would simply leave them alone.  :lol:  

That and building an engine that can handle the average jackass that sits in a bar for 3 hrs, starts his sled and immediately does a 2 mile cold pull across the lake with shitty gas is not exactly easy to build for.   There is a huge difference in types of customers that sled mfg's have to account for.   

Yep.  And there is only so much you can do with people that don't understand the stresses a 2s already has on it.  

12 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Thats the issue right there. 

It is.  But what most don't realize is that before the dome gets popped, there is so much that can be done without having to mess with the powerplant than can still give them the power they want without messing with "inards".  Gearing and clutching makes a world of difference and it can be done to give the rider whatever they want.

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yes the etecs feel very refined.....the Poo motor feels completely raw compared to them ....I havent ridden new Cat ......because I dont like BURNING TO DEATH !!!!!!!!11111111

Don't be a pussy.  :lmao:

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I hated that shit.  I let mine warm up no matter what but I think Doo really shot for "perfect" and it was unnescessary.  It's fucking embarrassing when everybody has to wait on your sled to take off after a prolonged stop.  I mean.  Stare at the guage and slowly shake your head type of embarrassing.  Ughhh....

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Was that done for warrenty reasons?

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yep.  And there is only so much you can do with people that don't understand the stresses a 2s already has on it.  

It is.  But what most don't realize is that before the dome gets popped, there is so much that can be done without having to mess with the powerplant than can still give them the power they want without messing with "inards".  Gearing and clutching makes a world of difference and it can be done to give the rider whatever they want.

Bro... I have done all of that head mod, dial a dome, pipe therms, etc... I dont have time to fuck around with that shit and dont even have the slightest desire to rebuild anything after it blows up, thats why I buy new with a warranty. Ill do clutching and driveline efficiency upgrades but thats about it. 

18 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

We've had this argument on HCS multiple times.  We did the math of what it would take for Poo to overcome Doo sales...it would literally take Doo to stop porducing.  Simple fact is this:  Doo is THE benchmark for reliability and performance out of the box.  Resale numbers reflect this easily.  Poo and Cat both sit at the same on depreciation.  Doo resale is stupud high and has been for 7-8 years.  For the overall vast majority of riders, it really is the best choice.  Hey, loved mine and really wore it out good.  When I blew the stator, I sold it to a parts buddy of mine and he gave me over $5k for it with 5000 miles on it...and I took my clutching and skis off of it!  I mean...WUT??????  Resale market for Doo and Doo parts is just nuts.

Duh. 

29 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Duh. 

Uhhh....well, you were the one that said Poo was gonna overtake doo so, "duh" yursef!  :lol:

Here, if sales numbers matter to you...which they do for some weird reason...cuz your choice makes no sense if they do..

From press release:

As of the first week of December, Arctic Cat is now the No. 2 snowmobile manufacturer in North American retail sales volume. We reached this position through the performance of new products like the ZR 200 youth sled and our new, St. Cloud-built C-tec2 800 powerplant, and a strong Spring Guarantee sales program. But we also owe this achievement to the hard work and dedication of our dealers, and we are excited to share it with you. Let’s keep climbing the mountain together.

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Uhhh....well, you were the one that said Poo was gonna overtake doo so, "duh" yursef!  :lol:

Here, if sales numbers matter to you...which they do for some weird reason...cuz your choice makes no sense if they do..

From press release:

As of the first week of December, Arctic Cat is now the No. 2 snowmobile manufacturer in North American retail sales volume. We reached this position through the performance of new products like the ZR 200 youth sled and our new, St. Cloud-built C-tec2 800 powerplant, and a strong Spring Guarantee sales program. But we also owe this achievement to the hard work and dedication of our dealers, and we are excited to share it with you. Let’s keep climbing the mountain together.

Is this the same source Dump used to say he’s more popular than Obama and to ignore his disapproval rating.....:snack:

:lmao: 

6 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Is this the same source Dump used to say he’s more popular than Obama and to ignore his disapproval rating.....:snack:

:lmao: 

Do you ever get tired of being so pathetically stupid and irrelevant?  No..no you don't.

SR Pot.png

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Do you ever get tired of being so pathetically stupid and irrelevant?  No..no you don't.

SR Pot.png

Lol that’s a good new one hahaha. But he’s right. He curb stomped you. Your “facts” are a press release from AC... Bahahaha oh yeah, real objective. Sit down POG.

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Lol that’s a good new one hahaha. But he’s right. He curb stomped you. Your “facts” are a press release from AC... Bahahaha oh yeah, real objective. Sit down POG.

So what if it's a press release?  You think they just make it up?  Poor poo guys.  

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

So what if it's a press release?  You think they just make it up?  Poor poo guys.  

Are you dumb? Do you not know how PR works? Hahahahaha... Post real, unbiased numbers. What baseline did they use? Time period? How does that differ from other manus? It’s simple. You can make a press release read anything depending on how you frame it. Come on... Be better. 

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Are you dumb? Do you not know how PR works? Hahahahaha... Post real, unbiased numbers. What baseline did they use? Time period? How does that differ from other manus? It’s simple. You can make a press release read anything depending on how you frame it. Come on... Be better. 

Dude.  For one....I don't care about sales numbers.  And for two...if you are going to start an argument for which sled is better based on sales numbers, get behind Doo.  This is stupid as fuck and always has been by the "little brother Poo-laiders".  Numbers are numbers.  You think a publicly traded company lies in press releases?  Are you really this dumb?  No...say it isn't so...but I am starting to wonder.

:lol:

2 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

I heard it took them 6 years to release this one. :dunno: Why do they have such a hard time developing an 800 when they already have a 600 with the technology? Skidoo never did come out with a 800 sdi. :dunno:

doo had an 800 sdi it was unreliable and could not put the HP out of a carbs one and stay safe and they canned it. think it was a 1 year motor only in the Legend touring sleds  

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Dude.  For one....I don't care about sales numbers.  And for two...if you are going to start an argument for which sled is better based on sales numbers, get behind Doo.  This is stupid as fuck and always has been by the "little brother Poo-laiders".  Numbers are numbers.  You think a publicly traded company lies in press releases?  Are you really this dumb?  No...say it isn't so...but I am starting to wonder.

:lol:

Omg hahahahahahahahahhaaha... Stop. Seriously? There is a huge difference between skew/cherry pick and an outright lie. It’s called PR... would a publicly traded company do that. Yes, they’d be fucked up not to. They are selling their future growth not what they already did. Bahahaha sit down MC.

Edited by xtralettucetomatoe580

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Omg hahahahahahahahahhaaha... Stop. Seriously? There is a huge difference between skew/cherry pick and an outright lie. It’s called PR... would a public ally traded company do that. Yes, they’d be fucked up not to. They are selling their future growth not what they already did. Bahahaha sit down MC.

Holy shit.  Smh.  

18 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

So, you got nothing. Go to bed Abe. 

Nothing?  For what?  It’s clear you don’t know what you are talking about.  

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

Trannyboy :groin: Facts :lmao: 

More proof. :lol:

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

From press release:

No I didnt. 

43 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

doo had an 800 sdi it was unreliable and could not put the HP out of a carbs one and stay safe and they canned it. think it was a 1 year motor only in the Legend touring sleds  

yeah I remember that thing. 

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

No I didnt. 

He’s spiraling. Cat is the bottom brand, their sleds are flame throwers, the cat 800 gets beat by polaris’s 600, they went through pistons at Cain’s Quest like a fat boy eating shrimp kobiachi, he’s getting roughshoded by SnowRider, and the new sled looks like a three week old plum. It’s not looking good for ol TransZam.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

He’s spiraling. Cat is the bottom brand, their sleds are flame throwers, the cat 800 gets beat by polaris’s 600, they went through pistons at Cain’s Quest like a fat boy eating shrimp kobiachi, he’s getting roughshoded by SnowRider, and the new sled looks like a three week old plum. It’s not looking good for ol TransZam.

Thats the worst part. :lol: