Check your account email address ×

Bussman, Vince, and ZamBRO Find out About Cat Recall

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Maybe Cat had learned a lesson then from the 8-9 EFI's.   I know those had issues of riding the midrange and burning down or after a hard pull not coming all the way off but back to midrange right into a hot spot.  This could have been mainly caused by aftermarket pipes as well.  Maybe stock sleds weren't having that issue.  

03 f7's were really lean in the midrange too......you had to watch them there and if you got one that had 1-2 psi less fuel pressure than the average you had a meltdown on your hands 

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

:lol: “Forcaston the global market”.

I love this shit from Poo laiders.  You post up all kinds of shit that clearly shows you should have bought Doo according to your argument. :lol:

Moronic.  Poor little brother.  Can’t win in sales and can’t win on the track.

:lol:

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, those extra ponies are gonna be felt in the seat for sure.  Not.  I’d just do some slight clutching in the 800 and wait and see how the 850 works out.  That extra 50cc seems stupid to me on a two stroke.  I’ve long said (as have others) that 800 cc’s is the maximum that a two stroke motor can work reliably.  And even then, “iffy”.  Depends on the rider though and the level of punishment.  

The longer stroke of this new 840 is gonna be felt seat of the pants for sure......it will make a measurable amount more tq and in a broader range. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, f7ben said:

03 f7's were really lean in the midrange too......you had to watch them there and if you got one that had 1-2 psi less fuel pressure than the average you had a meltdown on your hands 

Yep.   

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

He called you a liar. Now you must defend yourself. :lol: 

No.  He’s a lying coward.  When he wants to man up and settle up, I’ll consider his posts.

Until then, just an idiot weakling with a big mouth.

Look at you white knighting for him!!!!

:lol: Slow down on that poo laid. Go pull a clutch....take a video.  I don’t think you can do it.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

:lol: “Forcaston the global market”.

I love this shit from Poo laiders.  You post up all kinds of shit that clearly shows you should have bought Doo according to your argument. :lol:

Moronic.  Poor little brother.  Can’t win in sales and can’t win on the track.

Hey fuckstick, I never said skidoo wasnt the sales leader, YOU made the claim that Cat has overtaken Polaris in sales. That clearly is bullshit. But you are the king of bullshit mountain so you just got your nose rubbed in your doo doo by snow rider. How embarrassing!

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The longer stroke of this new 840 is gonna be felt seat of the pants for sure......it will make a measurable amount more tq and in a broader range. 

Do we have numbers on this stuff yet?  I’m curious about the torque curve.

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, those extra ponies are gonna be felt in the seat for sure.  Not.  I’d just do some slight clutching in the 800 and wait and see how the 850 works out.  That extra 50cc seems stupid to me on a two stroke.  I’ve long said (as have others) that 800 cc’s is the maximum that a two stroke motor can work reliably.  And even then, “iffy”.  Depends on the rider though and the level of punishment.  

Nope.  Without question there are things larger CC motors must deal with but it can and has been done.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Hey fuckstick, I never said skidoo wasnt the sales leader, YOU made the claim that Cat has overtaken Polaris in sales. That clearly is bullshit. But you are the king of bullshit mountain so you just got your nose rubbed in your doo doo by snow rider. How embarrassing!

It’s been posted on HCS.  I don’t follow it but it sounded legit.  I don’t buy sleds based on sales numbers.  And either do you.....which is why I find the poo argument for sales numbers so funny.

its pretty common knowledge that whatever lead Poo has on Doo in NA is slight if any over the years based on many publications.

This is an argument for idiots....especially in this forum.  

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Do we have numbers on this stuff yet?  I’m curious about the torque curve.

It just stands to reason.....there were 840 strokers based on the 800HO on the snow for the last 2 years and they were demolishing everything they ran against. Add stroke and you add torque and it really makes a difference. Peak HP will certainly make some additional speed but torque off idle and through the midrange is what you feel 

Listen to me.......I'm talking myself into a raging boner and a 13,000$ bill 

It just stands to reason.....there were 840 strokers based on the 800HO on the snow for the last 2 years and they were demolishing everything they ran against. Add stroke and you add torque and it really makes a difference. Peak HP will certainly make some additional speed but torque off idle and through the midrange is what you feel 

But what about flames and sno x?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It’s been posted on HCS.  I don’t follow it but it sounded legit.  I don’t buy sleds based on sales numbers.  And either do you.....which is why I find the poo argument for sales numbers so funny.

its pretty common knowledge that whatever lead Poo has on Doo in NA is slight if any over the years based on many publications.

This is an argument for idiots....especially in this forum.  

Polaris will never over take Skidoo in Canada. 

I love torque...don't care about top speed.  If that 850 holds together, and somebody does some clutching...holy shit!  I clutched the fuck out of my 800 and it was ridiculous....but way too much for what I needed.  An 850 with a longer stroke, clutched for bear?  Shit!

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I love torque...don't care about top speed.  If that 850 holds together, and somebody does some clutching...holy shit!  I clutched the fuck out of my 800 and it was ridiculous....but way too much for what I needed.  An 850 with a longer stroke, clutched for bear?  Shit!

The etec 850 is no world beater.....I've raced it and not been impressed. But when I rode it I could tell the difference big time between it and the 800 etec. It made so much more linear power through the midrange that it felt more like a 4 stroke than the 800 motor. It makes riding them a lot more fun when the flipper is like a rheostat controlling an electric motor. It reminded me more of a turbo motor on low boost when in the midrange. Just nice linear pull

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

They won't overtake Ski Doo anywhere.  This is a weird dream for Poo guys.  Stop it.  Dream of something more realistic.

At this point you are probably right. When polaris owned the sales title a significant amount of their sales were rental units. The rental market isnt what it once was in the states, especially with Yellowstone on the ins and outs with riding in the park and shitty winters in the midwest, liability, etc... In Canada skidoo will always own the rental market. Looks like right now skidoo makes the most reliable snowmobiles anywhere so its not a surprise people buy them. :news: 

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Just tough to hold them together for mass market consumers.

To some extent yes.  Not as tough if people would simply leave them alone.  :lol:  

That and building an engine that can handle the average jackass that sits in a bar for 3 hrs, starts his sled and immediately does a 2 mile cold pull across the lake with shitty gas is not exactly easy to build for.   There is a huge difference in types of customers that sled mfg's have to account for.   

Just now, Highmark said:

To some extent yes.  Not as tough if people would simply leave them alone:lol:  

That and building an engine that can handle the average jackass that sits in a bar for 3 hrs, starts his sled and immediately does a 2 mile cold pull across the lake with shitty gas is not exactly easy to build for.   There is a huge difference in types of customers that sled mfg's have to account for.   

Thats the issue right there. 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The etec 850 is no world beater.....I've raced it and not been impressed. But when I rode it I could tell the difference big time between it and the 800 etec. It made so much more linear power through the midrange that it felt more like a 4 stroke than the 800 motor. It makes riding them a lot more fun when the flipper is like a rheostat controlling an electric motor. It reminded me more of a turbo motor on low boost when in the midrange. Just nice linear pull

I think the 850 etec only made about 7 more ponnies on average from what I remember????  Not sure I remember it right though.  Doo has always done a great job with their linear power.  Smooooooth.  I'd still prefer do dial it towards a specific range cuz, that suits me better.   The Axys was pretty smooth too.  Just a bit more "grumblier".  My zook was grmbly and nasty.  had great mid range stock....but it didn't stay stock for long.  Not sure what the new cats are like.  

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

To some extent yes.  Not as tough if people would simply leave them alone.  :lol:  

We will get to a point where they datalog engine parameters for warranty and if someone is retarded enough to cold seize an engine abusing like this they will get their warranty denied

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I think the 850 etec only made about 7 more ponnies on average from what I remember????  Not sure I remember it right though.  Doo has always done a great job with their linear power.  Smooooooth.  I'd still prefer do dial it towards a specific range cuz, that suits me better.   The Axys was pretty smooth too.  Just a bit more "grumblier".  My zook was grmbly and nasty.  had great mid range stock....but it didn't stay stock for long.  Not sure what the new cats are like.  

Yes the etecs feel very refined.....the Poo motor feels completely raw compared to them ....I havent ridden new Cat ......because I dont like BURNING TO DEATH !!!!!!!!11111111

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

I heard it took them 6 years to release this one. :dunno: Why do they have such a hard time developing an 800 when they already have a 600 with the technology? Skidoo never did come out with a 800 sdi. :dunno:

Skidoo did have an 800 sdi in 2004 in the ZX Legend, one of my buds had one for a while, thing was a pile of shit compared even to the time bomb 800 carb doos of the time...