Check your account email address ×

Arctic Cat issues special Operations Guidelines to prevent sleds from Burning

Well just got the call from dealer. It's a mapping issue and arctic cat is well aware of this issue but as of now they have No fix. They recommend after long speed runs to not come to a fast stop. They said come down to normal speed and to give some gas as to burn off the fuel in the can. Even to use brake and gas at same time so it burns off b4 stopping. I'm gonna make a claim thru cat for new side panel due to the discoloration but they won't cover my wrap that I have on the sled. So expect a service advisory coming up at sometime but not anytime soon. .......???

THEY WANT YOU TO RIDE YOUR BRAKE AND THROTTLE FOR A WHILE BEFORE STOPPING :lol: 

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME  BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Arctic Cat Quality :lol: 

Lake racers everywhere are LOSING THEIR MINDS!!  And who the fuck rides their brake to come to a slow stop?  I rarely even use mine and I'm no tool out there running 8299 on the RPM guage on an 800.  Also, if you don't know to come to a slow stop while burping the throttle after a long run on a two stroke, you should read how two stroke engines operate (and cool).

Still, this is ghey....clearly the map is stuffing too much fuel in the mils if it is burning up in the pipe.  It's like a "hot start" button taped down.  :lol:

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Lake racers everywhere are LOSING THEIR MINDS!!  And who the fuck rides their brake to come to a slow stop?  I rarely even use mine and I'm no tool out there running 8299 on the RPM guage on an 800.  Also, if you don't know to come to a slow stop while burping the throttle after a long run on a two stroke, you should read how two stroke engines operate (and cool).

Still, this is ghey....clearly the map is stuffing too much fuel in the mils if it is burning up in the pipe.  It's like a "hot start" button taped down.  :lol:

Dude......I had no idea this was a thing......I was entertaining myself last night reading all the threads about the fucked up mapping and the flame thrower cats :lol: 

They do it at all different times etc....warm cold , fast .. slow etc etc . Some are starting the panels on fire :lol: holy fuck I almost died laughing 

The fact that Cat advised a dealer to tell a customer to "Ride his brake and throttle for a bit before coming to a stop" shows just how fucking pathetic they are

If I owned one of these fucking abortions I'd make zero effort to put out any fire......let the fucking thing burn. I'd also make little effort to prevent myself from being injured. Fuck Cat , apparently they need to be sued for burning people before they get their retarded heads out of their ass.

I have never seen a sled do anything remotely close to what these fucking things are doing :lol: 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Dude......I had no idea this was a thing......I was entertaining myself last night reading all the threads about the fucked up mapping and the flame thrower cats :lol: 

They do it at all different times etc....warm cold , fast .. slow etc etc . Some are starting the panels on fire :lol: holy fuck I almost died laughing 

The fact that Cat advised a dealer to tell a customer to "Ride his brake and throttle for a bit before coming to a stop" shows just how fucking pathetic they are

If I owned one of these fucking abortions I'd make zero effort to put out any fire......let the fucking thing burn. I'd also make little effort to prevent myself from being injured. Fuck Cat , apparently they need to be sued for burning people before they get their retarded heads out of their ass.

I have never seen a sled do anything remotely close to what these fucking things are doing :lol: 

I think it's fairly old news.  I haven't kept up with it too much.  I'd still own one before a Poo though.  Poo's fires were killing and maiming people with their SXS models so, they got their millions of recalls (and massive valuation hit in the market) with that.  :lol: Poor poo guys.  Now, that tinker toy rear end is about to have a two for a dollar sale.  :lmao:

I'd still own a Cat over a Poo (not a purple one).   Did Poo race SX this weekend or were they sitting it out in protest because they can't force ISOC to make more rules favoring them at the end of the season...but they're working something up for next year!!!!  :lmao:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I think it's fairly old news.  I haven't kept up with it too much.  I'd still own one before a Poo though.  Poo's fires were killing and maiming people with their SXS models so, they got their millions of recalls (and massive valuation hit in the market) with that.  :lol: Poor poo guys.  Now, that tinker toy rear end is about to have a two for a dollar sale.  :lmao:

I'd still own a Cat over a Poo (not a purple one).   Did Poo race SX this weekend or were they sitting it out in protest because they can't force ISOC to make more rules favoring them at the end of the season...but they're working something up for next year!!!!  :lmao:

Focus dude......this thread is about how big of a pile of fucking garbage the procross and the ctec 800 are :lol: the Polaris is like a fucking Hand made Italian sports car in comparison 

Just now, f7ben said:

Focus dude......this thread is about how big of a pile of fucking garbage the procross and the ctec 800 are :lol: the Polaris is like a fucking Hand made Italian sports car in comparison 

Ooops.  Sorry.  Didn't mean to throw Poo shade on ya?  :lol: You know, I'm going to recommend you to the HCS "Poo-laiders" for induction into their FanBoi band.  They could really use some new wit there defending their brand.  They've become pretty dull.  :lmao:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Ooops.  Sorry.  Didn't mean to throw Poo shade on ya?  :lol: You know, I'm going to recommend you to the HCS "Poo-laiders" for induction into their FanBoi band.  They could really use some new wit there defending their brand.  They've become pretty dull.  :lmao:

I'm an Arctic Cat guy dude.....owned dozens of them. I am not a fucking hack though and when Cat puts out fucking garbage they need to be called on it......not have retards like you and Vince and Bussman make excuses and continue to support their garbage :lol: 

Just now, f7ben said:

I'm an Arctic Cat guy dude.....owned dozens of them. I am not a fucking hack though and when Cat puts out fucking garbage they need to be called on it......not have retards like you and Vince and Bussman make excuses and continue to support their garbage :lol: 

They all put out their own forms of garbage.  We all just gotta buy the "garbage" we are prepared to accept.  Poo has nothing for me.  I'm not a touristy rider.  :lol:

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

They all put out their own forms of garbage.  We all just gotta buy the "garbage" we are prepared to accept.  Poo has nothing for me.  I'm not a touristy rider.  :lol:

Yah.....you are......you go out and tool around the trail at low speed and jump a driveway or two...........It literally doesn not get any more touristy than that

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yah.....you are......you go out and tool around the trail at low speed and jump a driveway or two...........It literally doesn not get any more touristy than that

You are definitely "poo-laider" material.  :lmao: Bring the donuts your first meeting.

I heard sled racing podiums are gonna start having a 4th and 5th step....Poo insists.  :lol: 

56 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Honestly dude, I've never had to follow any special protocol to ride any of my skidoos or Polaris, stop making excuses. 

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Honestly dude, I've never had to follow any special protocol to ride any of my skidoos or Polaris, stop making excuses. 

Not making excuses.  Sorry to rain on the Poo parade though.  Hey...but be honest, the reason you haven't had to follow any protocol is because you ride like Granny Hawkins and don't know what dangers lie in each brand.  How often did you check crank run out in that doo?  You gonna start checking for piston wash in that poo? Are you capable of doing either? If you ride hard, these are things you should clearn to keep an eye on.  

Just now, Zambroski said:

Not making excuses.  Sorry to rain on the Poo parade though.  Hey...but be honest, the reason you haven't had to follow any protocol is because you ride like Granny Hawkins and don't know what dangers lie in each brand.  How often did you check crank run out in that doo?  You gonna start checking for piston wash in that poo? Are you capable of doing either? If you ride hard, these are things you should clearn to keep an eye on.  

I don't check shit I just ride em, I'm also not trying to win any snow x racer awards on the trails at my age but I have never been accused of riding like a granny, :lol:

I don't check shit I just ride em, I'm also not trying to win any snow x racer awards on the trails at my age but I have never been accused of riding like a granny, :lol:

My point is, all brands have their own issues.  Not a single brand that doesn't have it's own form of hell.  When Cat couldn't figure out clutching...I can and the expense to go aftermarket was worth it to attach it to a mil and chassis that is tough and proven on the track.  For Poo guys, the ergos and other stuff is worth dropping whatever piston "dependability kit" in it every so often and dealing with glued, thin bulkheads for weight savings.  For Doo, well...I'll stick to my claim that I feel they are still the most reliable and dependable sleds on snow...and resales dictate that, HOWERVER, I still would be checking the crank run out because I feel the etec system still runs the crank too hot and now they are having their own clutching problems (for some weird reason).  And again....thin bulkheads.  Plus...their sleds offer a strange "disconnect" from the trails.  Hard to explain what that means so, I won't.

Pick the brand that works for you.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Sorry Zamboni but you sound like the worst kind of fanboi right now....there is no excuse or no way this is acceptable.

He is very critical of everyone else problems but flame throwing sleds, exploding clutches and seizing pistons? Well that's just part of snowmobiljng for cat riders! :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member

He is very critical of everyone else problems but flame throwing sleds, exploding clutches and seizing pistons? Well that's just part of snowmobiljng for cat riders! :lol:

Of course it is...fuck the majority of sleds I've owned over the years have been Cats and have seen a lot of their crapola but nothing like this. Hell I had a 98 ZRT 800 that I tried to lift by the front bumper and I ended up holding the bumper and hood while the rest of the sled stayed on the ground...... no fires though. :lol: 

• Haha 1