Check your account email address ×

New Yamaha SRX!

Another winner! lowered and coil over Fox shocks with remote adjustability from the handlebars! What took so long to make a turbo sled like this? And I think the colors are fucking HOT! 

The best Arctic Cat snowmobiles continue to say YAMAHA on them! :bc:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow, no jap sleds this year. Inventory way up and production cut way back for Yamaha. 

Good deals on leftovers this year. 👍

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I don’t know why they didn’t call that sled the SRX to begin with 

They waited til they got it right. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Yamaha did very well back in the “90’s when they streamlined the amount of models offered. I always thought that was a great marketing strategy. 

They dont really have anything very appealing anymore. Only heavy 4 stroke models. Except for the sidewinders everything else is pretty dated. Fuck the Apex is on its 12th year. 

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

They dont really have anything very appealing anymore. Only heavy 4 stroke models. Except for the sidewinders everything else is pretty dated. Fuck the Apex is on its 12th year. 

They sell a shit ton of Apex's here to older guys that trail ride.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

True dat. Back then their motto was light weight performance for a good price with rock solid dependability and excellent fit. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Only one mountain sled in their lineup.   

I'd say the clock is ticking on Yamaha having a sled line.  My guess is within 3-5 years they are supplying engines only for sleds.    

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Only one mountain sled in their lineup.   

I'd say the clock is ticking on Yamaha having a sled line.  My guess is within 3-5 years they are supplying engines only for sleds.    

Yamaha is strange, it's like they really don't care much about snowmobiles but when you look at their ability to make great engines, it makes you wonder. IMO if Yamaha really wanted to, they could bury every other manufacturer.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DAVE said:

They sell a shit ton of Apex's here to older guys that trail ride.

They have a hard time moving them around here. It's a super reliable sled, if you are just going to puts around on long flat trails it's perfect. 

3 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

They have a hard time moving them around here. It's a super reliable sled, if you are just going to puts around on long flat trails it's perfect. 

Ya..lots of that here in the south.

18 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Yamaha is strange, it's like they really don't care much about snowmobiles but when you look at their ability to make great engines, it makes you wonder. IMO if Yamaha really wanted to, they could bury every other manufacturer.

Its more than just financials when you don't want to make your own chassis.   Its a lack of desire to be a top player in the industry.   Don't get me wrong I love my Sidewinder...maybe even my favorite sled I've ever owned but I'd love for Yammie to jump back in the snow drift and compete on their own.

If you ask me the fact that Yam/Cat are so in bed together is just an admission they can't compete with the big dogs.    

Edited by Highmark

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Its more than just financials when you don't want to make your own chassis.   Its a lack of desire to be a top player in the industry.   Don't get me wrong I love my Sidewinder...maybe even my favorite sled I've ever owned but I'd love for Yammie to jump back in the snow drift and compete on their own.

If you ask me the fact that Yam/Cat are so in bed together is just an admission they can't compete with the big dogs.    

They simply don't have the desire to.  Yamaha bean counters know how small the sled market is and don't see an acceptable return on investment.  I was a Yammie guy through and through and I hate it, but that is the way it is.  This lineup is just their next step in exiting the industry.  

28 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Thats kinda how I feel about it. Yamaha still putting out 13 year old chassis with same engine and Cat running the same one for the 7th year. and now co-mingling production... Its not a good sign. If anyone is positioned to put out a top notch DI 2 stroke in a snowmobile its Yamaha. They obviously just dont care. 

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

A blue Thundercat.

And a marketing video racing against a 17 year old sled.  :lol: