Check your account email address ×

Any heavy equipment operators on here

4 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Apparently you start around 18 and can move to 35 after a few years, then head north and make 70 per hour lol

Even higher...i got a buddy who gets flown to inqaliut Nunavut once a month for a week...he gets huge coin.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Sounds like a lot of money but in reality is a lot less then a yr in college.

True, good point. If they have financing even better. 20k liquid to come out making 40k is a little scary though. If he's interested in it, and has the ability to do so, I say do it. If nothing else, it will be an experience! I didn't realize they had schools like this, I suppose of course they would. Just figured people did it and worked up the ladder. That's how I did it (although I'm not in that industry anymore).

29 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Here? $15/ hour to start. Union $25 - $30

I don't know how the cost of living compares here to there but in Ontario min. wage is $14 and going to $15 next year. You could clear tables in a restaurant for the same money and not need to spend the money on a course.

1 minute ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

True, good point. If they have financing even better. 20k liquid to come out making 40k is a little scary though. If he's interested in it, and has the ability to do so, I say do it. If nothing else, it will be an experience! I didn't realize they had schools like this, I suppose of course they would. Just figured people did it and worked up the ladder. That's how I did it (although I'm not in that industry anymore).

I should have pointed out that I only have to come up with 4k. Employment Manitoba is paying 9 k 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xcr700 said:

I should have pointed out that I only have to come up with 4k. Employment Manitoba is paying 9 k 

In that case, fucking grip it an rip it. Feed er the corn son. Give er hell. Go play with some big boy toys. Why the hell are you asking us jackasses for advice?? Do it. :congrats:

Just now, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

In that case, fucking grip it an rip it. Feed er the corn son. Give er hell. Go play with some big boy toys. Why the hell are you asking us jackasses for advice?? Do it. :congrats:

:lol:thanks :bc: I was just seeing if anyone had advice or something to give me or what to expect lol

Just now, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

I just threw up in my mouth a little...  No wonder the snowflakes are yelling about free college! 

And that's a state run school... Yeah, more government please...