Check your account email address ×

Heroin addict ruins my great day.....

Snake

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

the AHA has not made it official yet but studies are starting to become more prevalent and its trickling into classes. I havetodo CPR training every year.

It was about 5 years ago that we replaced breaths with 100% chest compressions.  Breaths aren't even part of the training now.

Great job Snake.  99% of the population wouldn't even know where to start with a man down.  You are a good man.  

• Like 1

• Gold Member
40 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

It was about 5 years ago that we replaced breaths with 100% chest compressions.  Breaths aren't even part of the training now.

Great job Snake.  99% of the population wouldn't even know where to start with a man down.  You are a good man.  

Yep When I first learned 20 years ago to be a coach breaths were a major part and then when I had to re-certify two years ago breaths were not taught. Just clear the airway so the air flow isn't obstructed and then start breaking ribs!

Just now, Kivalo said:

Yep When I first learned 20 years ago to be a coach breaths were a major part and then when I had to re-certify two years ago breaths were not taught. Just clear the airway so the air flow isn't obstructed and then start breaking ribs!

Yep.  The sad part is the breaths usually gave the first aid giver a little "breather" if you will.  No breaths means 100% compressions and that's hard work after the first couple of minutes.  

The good news is it's much easier to teach a bystander the compressions than the old process so it's easier to solicit help in an emergency.  

• Gold Member
Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Yep.  The sad part is the breaths usually gave the first aid giver a little "breather" if you will.  No breaths means 100% compressions and that's hard work after the first couple of minutes.  

The good news is it's much easier to teach a bystander the compressions than the old process so it's easier to solicit help in an emergency.  

Yeah I know what you mean. My buddy is an EMT with the local FD and he told me once that if you do chest compressions properly you break a lot of ribs in the process and that's not as easy as it sounds. Thankfully I don't know this first hand, its one of those skills I hope I never have to use.

Good job Snakey.  Just for kicks, I’d track his life for a bit to see what he does with it.  I’d be curious to see if my efforts were worth anything in the end.  Or, I ended up doing more harm than good.  

The Social Darwinist in me would be curious.

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Good job Snakey.  Just for kicks, I’d track his life for a bit to see what he does with it.  I’d be curious to see if my efforts were worth anything in the end.  Or, I ended up doing more harm than good.  

The Social Darwinist in me would be curious.

yeah i thought about that too. snakey could have saved the dude's life in multiple ways. but regardless of how it turns out, his efforts were definitely worthwhile. this tough guy act of yours is a little stale dude :bc:

9 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

yeah i thought about that too. snakey could have saved the dude's life in multiple ways. but regardless of how it turns out, his efforts were definitely worthwhile. this tough guy act of yours is a little stale dude :bc:

How was that a “tough guy” act?  You must not know what “tough” means.  Understandable.

It’d be a curious observation for me.  I’d want to know.  I don’t think the results would help me make the decision to change my mind in saving another life in the same circumstance.  

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

How was that a “tough guy” act?  You must not know what “tough” means.  Understandable.

It’d be a curious observation for me.  I’d want to know.  I don’t think the results would help me make the decision to change my mind in saving another life in the same circumstance.  

maybe i read it wrong, but it seems likes you're saying this guy's life may not have been worth saving. like if it happened again, snake's efforts weren't "worthwhile". i've read enough cold hearted statements from many in here on this subject, like giving heroin addicts narcon should not be done. if you do not fall in these categories, then i apologize.

Just now, Snoslinger said:

maybe i read it wrong, but it seems likes you're saying this guy's life may not have been worth saving. like if it happened again, snake's efforts weren't "worthwhile". i've read enough cold hearted statements from many in here on this subject, like giving heroin addicts narcon should not be done. if you do not fall in these categories, then i apologize.

No, you read it right.  Snake’s efforts were worthwhile from his standpoint.  And should have been.  It’s the right thing to do for the most part.  

Now, “for the most part” means this: if this person realizes the second chance he is been gifted and does some decent things with the rest of his life or, at a minimum, learns a valuable lesson, then this is good. Flip side (Social Darwinism):  he didn’t learn anything and is back on the shit today, maybe he gets all jacked up and runs down a family at the stop light....or, kills or robs somebody to pay for a hos habbit.  Maybe he gets a few others involved that end up overdosing at the high school prom.  If these reaults or anything like these is the case, then this his death was gonna solve a lot of things for society if Snakey wasn’t there.

I’d simply want to know.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No, you read it right.  Snake’s efforts were worthwhile from his standpoint.  And should have been.  It’s the right thing to do for the most part.  

Now, “for the most part” means this: if this person realizes the second chance he is been gifted and does some decent things with the rest of his life or, at a minimum, learns a valuable lesson, then this is good. Flip side (Social Darwinism):  he didn’t learn anything and is back on the shit today, maybe he gets all jacked up and runs down a family at the stop light....or, kills or robs somebody to pay for a hos habbit.  Maybe he gets a few others involved that end up overdosing at the high school prom.  If these reaults or anything like these is the case, then this his death was gonna solve a lot of things for society if Snakey wasn’t there.

I’d simply want to know.

ok, understood. :bc:

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I’d simply want to know.

"Overdosing at the high school prom" :lol: 

You are quite out of touch Zam.

Just now, Wildboer said:

"Overdosing at the high school prom" :lol: 

You are quite out of touch Zam.

Clearly.  Kids aren’t overdosing at all!!!!  All this shit is just a myth!!!!!!

What ever happened to “Myth busters”?  They should get on this because we have no way of knowing if teens are dying because of drug use.  

It sucks being “out of touch”.

Just now, Zambroski said:

Clearly.  Kids aren’t overdosing at all!!!!  All this shit is just a myth!!!!!!

What ever happened to “Myth busters”?  They should get on this because we have no way of knowing if teens are dying because of drug use.  

It sucks being “out of touch”.

Heroin addicts are too cool for prom types,  they'd obviously OD in a gutter while everyone else is at prom.