Check your account email address ×

No guns until 21?

f7ben

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Mainecat said:

Muskets and swords

Quill, ink and parchment paper.  That's the only thing protected by the 4th amendment.  

50 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I could get behind some new age requirements for all of this in some form.  Don't see any problem with having to be 21 to do any of it.  But, let's just round it all down to 20.  At 20...one should have enough basic cognitive thought to do most things using a reasonable thought process.  Oh...that includes voting.

unless you in the military i would be good for 21 as a voting age and buying a gun.   hell if your still in college and not living in the real world you prob shouldn't be able to vote or buy a gun till your out.  

57 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I could get behind some new age requirements for all of this in some form.  Don't see any problem with having to be 21 to do any of it.  But, let's just round it all down to 20.  At 20...one should have enough basic cognitive thought to do most things using a reasonable thought process.  Oh...that includes voting.

Although a good idea the democrats would never allow the voting portion. They'd lose 30%of their base.

1 hour ago, jammin said:

How the hell do you crash 4 cars in 2 years let alone in a lifetime?  That's not an age thing.  :bc: 

I had some skilz!!  Tremendous skilz!  :)

54 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

unless you in the military i would be good for 21 as a voting age and buying a gun.   hell if your still in college and not living in the real world you prob shouldn't be able to vote or buy a gun till your out.  

That's not a bad idea either.  

46 minutes ago, JEFF said:

Although a good idea the democrats would never allow the voting portion. They'd lose 30%of their base.

Let's just go ahead and assume the Dems aren't for anything..at all...no matter what.  That way, we can't be dissapointed.

Just now, jammin said:

Easy 2 say now as we are all well past that age.  I disagree and that is fine  :bc: 

Yeah...it's easy to forget but, I think if we're honest.  A drivers restircted drivers license at 16 is plenty of responsibility until the age of 20/21.  I think firearms at 18 for those not needed them for subsistance living is a bit much. These kids aren't what we were anymore.  I hate to sound like an "old guy" but it can be hard to argue the amount of shelter these kids get now.  Even my own.  Their own naivety is pretty steep now.   18 is the new 14, IMO.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah...it's easy to forget but, I think if we're honest.  A drivers restircted drivers license at 16 is plenty of responsibility until the age of 20/21.  I think firearms at 18 for those not needed them for subsistance living is a bit much. These kids aren't what we were anymore.  I hate to sound like an "old guy" but it can be hard to argue the amount of shelter these kids get now.  Even my own.  Their own naivety is pretty steep now.   18 is the new 14, IMO.

Unfortunately I have to agree, the kids nowadays are kids for much longer. At 18 I was full-time work and school. Now youngsters can't figure out how to be on their own until, if ever. Sad state of affairs.

24 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

16 for drivers license is still fine, most pussy ass kids these day are waiting anyways, kids need to drive

Cant graduate at 18 and have mommy and daddy drive ya to work or college for 3 yrs :lol:

my kids both immediately got their licenses at 16and the self sufifciency has gone up a lot since then.  it's great.  

34 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

16 for drivers license is still fine, most pussy ass kids these day are waiting anyways, kids need to drive

Cant graduate at 18 and have mommy and daddy drive ya to work or college for 3 yrs :lol:

odd, i know quite a few kids that are 15, 16 and all are excited as hell to drive. 

Edited by Snoslinger

10 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

odd, i know quite a few kids that are 15, 16 and all are excited as hell to drive. 

Really wow! No shit thats crazy slinger!

I never said every single kid did I, but the truth is alot of kids simply dont care to get their license at 16

4 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

Really wow! No shit thats crazy slinger!

I never said every single kid did I, but the truth is alot of kids simply dont care to get their license at 16

no you didn't, but you said "most" which i think is a pile of BS. 

Just now, Snoslinger said:

no you didn't, but you said "most" which i think is a pile of BS. 

Actually, I find it true.  M daughter didn’t get hers until she was 16.5 and had some friends tht were 17+ before they got theirs.  Don’t ask me why.  Hell, I was first in line in the day of my birthday and so were all of my friends.  

It pissed me off too.  We got tired of carting her ass around.  Kids are different now.  Social media is their escape, and apparently, their prison also.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Actually, I find it true.  M daughter didn’t get hers until she was 16.5 and had some friends tht were 17+ before they got theirs.  Don’t ask me why.  Hell, I was first in line in the day of my birthday and so were all of my friends.  

It pissed me off too.  We got tired of carting her ass around.  Kids are different now.  Social media is their escape, and apparently, their prison also.

MOST of my daughters fruends werent worried either, even my buddies boy who is same age as my daughter

The summer they turned 16 he was so excited to tell me he spent all the money he made that summer buying an xbox 1 and abunch of shit for it 

Then my daughter wanted to sell her mustang her jr yr and a guy she went to school with just got his license and wanted it, but he couldnt drive a stick :lol:

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

i'm pretty sure he didn't mean 16.5 dude. obviously some kids are not getting theirs the minute they can. but imo, the majority of kids are excited to drive asap. 

Yup,  age 21 for everything , drinking , driving , firearms , joining the military,  signing for selective service ( females should sign up also , equal rights ) , entering into any legal binding contract , being charged with any crime as a adult , voting.

11 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I have a long term renter , single mother with two daughters , the daughters have NO drivers license at age 18 , never paid to take the course . Both are in local community  college and work . I don't think that mothers car ever cools down.

13 hours ago, jammin said:

Easy 2 say now as we are all well past that age.  I disagree and that is fine  :bc: 

That doesn't include drivers license.

I'm not opposed to 18 for booze, military, and voting.  That would also be fine by me.  Keeping it all the same seems to make sense.

Neal