Check your account email address ×

900ace vs 12004tec

f7ben

Rotax lists the weight of the 900 ACE engine at 56.6KG

Rotax lists the weight of the 1200 4tec at 60KG

If any one of you retarded faggots could tell the difference of 7lbs on a 125lb motor I would die from amazement :lol: fucking retarded doo fanbois sucking up BRP propaganda likes its mothers milk

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Maybe you should consider the F1 approach of getting more HP per liter when restricted to smaller displacement.

I don't see 180 as horrible for a trail sled.

Neal

If buying a 15k turbo sled why the fuck would I be happy when its limited to 800 class power ????? The point of turbo 4 strokes is that they are easily wicked up to max trail power for short money. Leave it to Doo to deliver a 700 class sled that cannot be turned up past 900 class power and they charge 250HP money for. Its a fucking fail 

• Platinum Contributing Member

If I want to settle at 200 hp and stay Skidoo I'd buy a leftover 850....sorry 8fiddy and put a Straightline sea level turbo on it.  

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Doorider said:

You assume the only point of a turbo is easily turn it up? 

So what's with all the cars and trucks going turbo? Lots of people turning up their Honda accords?

How fucking dumb is it to compare car manu decisions with sleds......the car manu's do it because smaller motors are cheaper and turbo motors can be both efficient and powerful.

If that was the aim with sleds they would stick to 2 strokes...they are lighter , cleaner make more power and are way cheaper etc etc .......turbo's in sleds are for power potential and that is it 

unless you are a doo coolaid drinking faggot 

Edited by f7ben

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

If any one of you retarded faggots could tell the difference of 7lbs on a 125lb motor I would die from amazement :lol: fucking retarded doo fanbois sucking up BRP propaganda likes its mothers milk

Yup, especially once they plop their 300 lb. ass on it and want to go racing. Nobody ever said sledders were smart.

1 minute ago, Frostynuts said:

Yup, especially once they plop their 300 lb. ass on it and want to go racing. Nobody ever said sledders were smart.

Then consider that the 1200 is a beautiful overbuilt gem of an engine and the 900 is a chincy throwaway junk.......BUT.....you are paying a premium for the 900 cause Doo says its great :lol: fucking retards that buy this shit I tell you. Every Doo fan should be outraged at this pile of shit being pawned off on them 

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

How fucking dumb is it to compare car manu decisions with sleds......the car manu's do it because smaller motors are cheaper and turbo motors can be both efficient and powerful.

If that was the aim with sleds they would stick to 2 strokes...they are lighter , cleaner make more power and are way cheaper etc etc .......turbo's in sleds are for power potential and that is it 

unless you are a doo coolaid drinking faggot 

Why no 2-stroke cars then? 

And you need to calm down some, damn

Just now, Doorider said:

Why no 2-stroke cars then? 

And you need to calm down some, damn

Because cars have to last 5 year 60k miles for minimum warranties .....I AM FUCKING CALM MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!!111111111111111

Just now, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

16-18’s 1200’s just hold their value even better. I have a odd feeling doo will bring 1200 back next year, Mach Z name could return as well. They will want something big for 2020 because I believe it’s 60th anniversary. 

I think the 1200 is gone for good. Its an expensive engine to build and it has been the redheaded stepchild since 09 when it was released. Doo has been pumping their ACE garbage engines since they put them out. They are cheap junks and they make way more money on them than the 1200 

We're supposed to trust Ski-doo's weight numbers? For years they've listed my Gade X 1200 as being 10 lbs lighter than the adrenaline model. There's no way that's possible. Now this year the adrenaline 900 turbo is 2 lbs lighter than the X. Doo's marketing is good but it's mostly BS.

8 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

We're supposed to trust Ski-doo's weight numbers? For years they've listed my Gade X 1200 as being 10 lbs lighter than the adrenaline model. There's no way that's possible. Now this year the adrenaline 900 turbo is 2 lbs lighter than the X. Doo's marketing is good but it's mostly BS.

those were Rotax numbers .....not BRP and they are accurate. I have had a 1200 on the scale and it was 131lbs on mine

I rode a buddies 1200 for a whole day last week, and was very pleasantly surprised at how good it felt on the trails.

He said he had geared and clutched it. Awesome engine package for the majority of people out there.

Now that doo  has chosen not to produce that package any more, I wonder if that will drive the 1200 used sled market up or down ?

1 minute ago, Frostynuts said:

I rode a buddies 1200 for a whole day last week, and was very pleasantly surprised at how good it felt on the trails.

He said he had geared and clutched it. Awesome engine package for the majority of people out there.

Now that doo  has chosen not to produce that package any more, I wonder if that will drive the 1200 used sled market up or down ?

1200's hold their value very well as it is......I found that gearing up the 1200 was better than gearing it down. It lost no bottom end speed in gearing up and gained nothing on top either....the midrange was stronger with taller gears though. That motor loved to be loaded hard. 

59 minutes ago, f7ben said:

1200 doesnt fit in a G4 you stupid Pollack!!!1111 

21 minutes ago, f7ben said:

1200's hold their value very well as it is......I found that gearing up the 1200 was better than gearing it down. It lost no bottom end speed in gearing up and gained nothing on top either....the midrange was stronger with taller gears though. That motor loved to be loaded hard. 

i don;t see the 1200's holding any better value than the 600 etec that was about the same money when new.  I wish i held out on buying my son a sled as the last 2 weeks i could have had a choice of 09-11 tnt and renegade 600 etecs or 1200s for less than i paid 3 weeks back.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, Doorider said:

1200 with good shocks sure doesn't feel heavy at all :thumbsup:

Love this sled and it's sad to see the 1200 go.  Should have atleast let it go out with a bang and not sadly just kill it off

20171228_155821.jpg

Are those Exit Shocks on your ride?