Check your account email address ×

L.L. Bean Scraps Legendary Lifetime Return Policy

• Platinum Contributing Member

L.L. Bean's outdoor gear — including its signature Bean Boots prized by campers and hipsters alike — is no longer guaranteed for life.

In a letter to customers Friday morning, the company said it has updated its return policy to give customers one year to return purchases, with a receipt. The previous lifetime guarantee, which enabled customers to return products years — or even decades — after purchase, has long been a selling point for the company.

"Increasingly, a small, but growing number of customers has been interpreting our guarantee well beyond its original intent. Some view it as a lifetime product replacement program, expecting refunds for heavily worn products used over many years. Others seek refunds for products that have been purchased through third parties, such as at yard sales."'

L.L. Bean says the policy update will affect only a "small percentage" of returns and pledged to keep its mission of selling "high quality products that inspire and enable people to enjoy the outdoors." The company says if a product is defective, it will "work with our customers to reach a fair solution" even after a year.

I just had a pair of jeans delivered from there today. I never bought jeans from them but I had a pair of levi's that blew out om me last week that were 3 weeks old. 

I also hate the " have a receipt" part of the warrenty . I'm not a receipt guy.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I can.  Just saw a charge go through my CC for 189.00!!!! 

Sorels for the win.  Fuck LL Bean!

I just bought my son LL Beans for Christmas because he wanted them bad. I think he might be gay?:lol:

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah.  Just picked up two pair of those firehose cargo pants last week.  Pretty comfortable.

I been wanting to try them because they are supposed to be tough. Always wondered if they were like wearing a canvas tent.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah.  Just picked up two pair of those firehose cargo pants last week.  Pretty comfortable.

FYI, it's a pain in the ass to get oil and grease off them. Just don't trip and fall in a parking lot and you should be fine. Like you work for a living?:lmao::lol:

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

FYI, it's a pain in the ass to get oil and grease off them. Just don't trip and fall in a parking lot and you should be fine. Like you work for a living?:lmao::lol:

He just wanted to be able to say " Ive got a firehose in these here pants "

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I been wanting to try them because they are supposed to be tough. Always wondered if they were like wearing a canvas tent.

They are hot in the summer. They do last a long time, but not worth the 3 times the cost of other work pants. They have a store front down the road from me.

13 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I just bought my son LL Beans for Christmas because he wanted them bad. I think he might be gay?:lol:

Yeah...get on that quick!  :lmao: I think mine are for my daughter....haven't asked yet but I'm gonna!!!  God damn it!!!!!!!!  

12 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

What's weird is, usually I wear Carharts or something similar.  These are actually lighter and more flexible.  Not sure how tough they are but I'll find out this summer.

13 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Yeah, I don't see grease/oil being an issue.  But I'm hard on my shit.  So, we'll see.  And I work!!!  I'm just picky! ...and kinda lazy. :lol:

These being hot in the summer isn't what I wanted to hear either.  >:(

38 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Zam , ever buy deluth trading co ?

I have a bunch of there stuff . for the most part decent stuff but way overpriced .

1 thing of theirs I have that I cant replace and it is shot to shit after 22 yrs of use is there bucket boss for milk crates . best fucking tool box for the day to day shit ever . I still use it every day but it is in real tough shape.

they use to be priced a lot more competitive than now . they are now marketing to the   millennial dip shits who try way to hard to look like a working man as they shop for there new   records to experience that  soothing sound only a record can produce 

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Ha!  We got the boots today and there was this nice letter inside about the warranty!  CO-inkydink.

@xtralettucetomatoe580 found these a while back.  Turns out the butthole area wears out pretty quick on them.  :lol:

Image result for skinny jeans on man

Lol. Fuck. Zam with an actual funny... What is the world coming to? 

13 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I discovered these pants a couple years and I love them for everyday wear and tromping through the woods...pricey but they seem to hold up well.:thumbsup:

IMG_3766.thumb.JPG.2705c2e76dfa1b753a55a50e0ab14e90.JPG

There is an awesome store down the street from my house. Sells everything from tractors , excavators , chainsaws ect. They have a room upstairs with carhart  clothes , chippawa boots the like. I have seen these pants and have wondered about them. 

They also sell arborwear . That's some good stuff.

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

There is an awesome store down the street from my house. Sells everything from tractors , excavators , chainsaws ect. They have a room upstairs with carhart  clothes , chippawa boots the like. I have seen these pants and have wondered about them. 

They also sell arborwear . That's some good stuff.

I love mine....give 'em a try.:thumbsup:

17 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Ha!  We got the boots today and there was this nice letter inside about the warranty!  CO-inkydink.

@xtralettucetomatoe580 found these a while back.  Turns out the butthole area wears out pretty quick on them.  :lol:

Image result for skinny jeans on man

Fuck. I saw a guy at work wearing skinny jeans years ago and thought to myself "at least he's comfy with his sexuality " ... 

Only a total faggot wears those...and if you're not ,you're on your way to becoming an ass pirate