Check your account email address ×

Entitled Capitalist Flips Out At Student Employee For Quitting Crappy Low Wage Job

40 minutes ago, f7ben said:

If you cant find good employees you arent paying enough.....plain and simple. If the job is so low skill that you cant afford to pay them more than expect to deal with high turnover.

This is not fucking rocket science :lol: 

That's not true.  Some can't handle it regardless of pay.:lol:

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

If you cant find good employees you arent paying enough.....plain and simple. If the job is so low skill that you cant afford to pay them more than expect to deal with high turnover.

This is not fucking rocket science :lol: 

Let me pose this question. What would you need to be paid to mow yards for a living? Hourly. 

12 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Let me pose this question. What would you need to be paid to mow yards for a living? Hourly. 

Are we assuming that is all I'm motivated to do and am happy with that station in life?

5 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

It could be the case. Or it could be an in between job. Either case the same cost analysis has to be applied. You can choose. 

What market do I live in?

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

What would he need and what can be paid are 2 different things. I would need a minimum of $40 . The dude offering me the job could pay a maximum of $17. Beyond that he would have to raise his rates to cover my cost. Doing so some of his customers would cut their own lawn and my position would be eliminated because of lack of demand.

38 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

What would he need and what can be paid are 2 different things. I would need a minimum of $40 . The dude offering me the job could pay a maximum of $17. Beyond that he would have to raise his rates to cover my cost. Doing so some of his customers would cut their own lawn and my position would be eliminated because of lack of demand.

zactly-  thats what gets missed.  I started doing my own lawn as gas prices pushed the cost up-  even though moving $5-10 in price doesn't seem like much it can be a huge difference in customers choosing you over doing it themselves.    

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

zactly-  thats what gets missed.  I started doing my own lawn as gas prices pushed the cost up-  even though moving $5-10 in price doesn't seem like much it can be a huge difference in customers choosing you over doing it themselves.    

2 teenagers in your house and you hire it done? No bootstraps in the gingers house :snack:

38 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

That is what I was getting to. There is a market supported wage level that is based on consumer willingness to pay. Are we at that equilibrium that maximizes worker compensation under the given market price? I would say no, but the underlying idea still remains constant: Are people willing to work a particular job given what that equilibrium is? I would say no. At least, not in the volume required to fully satisfy consumer demand. Especially no if the perceived and desired wage level is high for jobs that are less “desirable”. If you could mow lawns or do something easier for the same wage, how many people mow lawns? We can apply that to nearly everything. A this for that comparison where all wages are equal is a dangerous proposition. 

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Right. everyone I know who is no longer cutting their own lawn justifies it by the cost. Not worth my time when I can get it done for 20 -30 .

Just now, motonoggin said:

Maybe if maintaining lawns becomes too expensive or time-consuming, we'll do something different with our lawns that's maybe not so harmful to the environment.

True, but that is just one example. We need to factor in the social aspect of work. What do people want to do when all wages are equal? How do we fill positions in any undesirable or menial Work when another perceived easier job is available for the same pay. 

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

Maybe if maintaining lawns becomes too expensive or time-consuming, we'll do something different with our lawns that's maybe not so harmful to the environment.

Oh great, now we're harming the environment.  Please god, not another 25 pages of Moto moralizing about the damage of maintaining a nice lawn. :lol:  

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Right. everyone I know who is no longer cutting their own lawn justifies it by the cost. Not worth my time when I can get it done for 20 -30 .

Fuck that.  I bought a 10 grand John Deere with power steering, cupholders and do it myself.  Murica!!! :lol:  :bc: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Oh great, now we're harming the environment.  Please god, not another 25 pages of Moto moralizing about the damage of maintaining a nice lawn. :lol:  

White people and their nice lawns!!!!!!!!!!!  :lol: 

2 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

True, but that is just one example. We need to factor in the social aspect of work. What do people want to do when all wages are equal? How do we fill positions in any undesirable or menial Work when another perceived easier job is available for the same pay. 

I disagree with your pretense that all wages will be equal.

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Fuck that.  I bought a 10 grand John Deere with power steering, cupholders and do it myself.  Murica!!! :lol:  :bc: 

I love me a good riding mower. Pounding back Bud Lights and making bourgie stripes like a golf course is high on my list of satisfying things to do on a weekend.